Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
Ca$H
NBA lottery pick

Default Cavs bench vs Nets starters

D Will
Korver
RJ
Frye
Bogut

Lin
Foye
Hollis-Jefferson
Booker
Lopez

Ca$H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
lilteapot
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Cavs bench vs Nets starters

Nets in 4
lilteapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
ISHGoat
Banned

Nets would look like 72 win bulls. That Cavs bench would fall apart before 4th quarter if you asked them to play starter minutes.
ISHGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

In a 7 game series, I got the Cav's bench in 5. Brook Lopez goes bananas in 1 game to eek out a win
imdaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #5
kentatm
NBA Legend

Did people really just not see how awful Bogut was for Dallas this year? I'm not sure that he will end up being a plus for the Cavs at all.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Did people really just not see how awful Bogut was for Dallas this year? I'm not sure that he will end up being a plus for the Cavs at all.

I feel the same way. I feel like it's more of a blocking move to keep him from going back to GSW (if he was considering it at all). I really doubt the Cavs are going to go 10-11 deep when it comes to the playoffs. I'd be surprise if Bogut gets more than 9 minutes a game in the playoffs.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #7
yeaaaman
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I feel the same way. I feel like it's more of a blocking move to keep him from going back to GSW (if he was considering it at all). I really doubt the Cavs are going to go 10-11 deep when it comes to the playoffs. I'd be surprise if Bogut gets more than 9 minutes a game in the playoffs.

If he was that bad, why would they block him from going back? Different teams different fits, potentially different outcomes.

I said this in another thread but people always see some trash player from their team go to a contender and see them producing or being serviceable and say things like "why couldn't they do that for us?!"

Newsflash - your team sucks that's why.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #8
PowPau
Serious playground baller

Quote:
8 rebounds in 22 minutes. Dude can still definitely contribute when he is on the court.
PowPau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
If he was that bad, why would they block him from going back? Different teams different fits, potentially different outcomes.

I said this in another thread but people always see some trash player from their team go to a contender and see them producing or being serviceable and say things like "why couldn't they do that for us?!"

Newsflash - your team sucks that's why.

I was agreeing with the second half of his statement about being a plus for the Cavs. I don't think he's bad, but I don't think he'll be playing much considering teams don't really go 10-11 deep when it comes to the playoffs. He certainly won't be the first three guys off the bench (Deron, Korver, Frye/RJ), so I don't see how he goes to that team one month before the playoffs and ends up being a big game changer being at best the 9th or 10th guy off the bench, unless there's a major injury to the core. He may have one or two big plays throughout the playoffs to justify his face value, but his real value is to prevent him from going to another team like the Warriors where he can either start or be a major bench contributor.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #10
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$H
D Will
Korver
RJ
Frye
Bogut

Lin
Foye
Hollis-Jefferson
Booker
Lopez

Williams < Lin

Korver > Foye

RJ < Hollis Jefferson

Frye < Booker

Bogut << Lopez

Shump >> Kilpatrick

Nets in 6.
MrFonzworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #11
pastis
Dirk top 15 all time

Quote:

this! He had no heart, didnt want to play for us at all. Glad he is gone

edit: @wang4three: props to you for staying loyal for so long. Man, the decisions of your FO to trade you future for pierce and garnett, was one of the dumbest in recent basketball history. i remember the docmentary with avery johnson on the "association" about the nets in their first year at brooklyn...so many hope to make a great change with d-will, lopez etc

Last edited by pastis : 03-01-2017 at 06:17 PM.
pastis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Bogut is just an insurance policy if something happens to Thompson. It's situational. Bogut can block shots and he would be our only legit 7 footer. Not to mention he passes well for a big-man. He probably won't get many minutes, but if Thompson were to get injured it leaves a glaring hole defensively if he does.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:42 PM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastis
edit: @wang4three: props to you for staying loyal for so long. Man, the decisions of your FO to trade you future for pierce and garnett, was one of the dumbest in recent basketball history. i remember the docmentary with avery johnson on the "association" about the nets in their first year at brooklyn...so many hope to make a great change with d-will, lopez etc

Not easy for sure, but I've been a fan since I was in 3rd grade and it's been 20+ years since then, so I see no reason to quit now.

And since I went to Illinois, I have a natural affection for Deron so I'm not mad in how poor he turned out for us.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: