Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Stan the Man showing up in Summer League!!! Drops 24 & 9!

I think he should start too. Although Hill has been a starter for a few years now and I could see them giving him the starting job for the beginning of the season at least. He'll end up injured and then Turner would "need" to start at that point.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Yeah the quicker turner gets inserted into a prominent role for the pacers the better. I feel like in 3 or 4 years time they can make another push at the title building around George / turner.

This current pacers team doesn't scare the heavyweights of the league the slightest.

NBA lottery pick

It's still a better lineup than the Pistons have. Ellis, George, Turner is a pretty nice core (assuming Turner ends up being what we think he will). I'm not sure how Copeland replaces West, they're definitely thin at PF. But Ellis is a major upgrade from Stuckey. I don't think he can be the man on a contender but it's enough to keep them ahead of Detroit in the standings. Of course one injury and all that could change too.

^^ I'm not so sure, as it stands I think we have a lot more room for improvement than they do, we don't have a Paul George - but we also don't know if he is going to be the same player he was in his first year back...

As much as a stiff Hibbert is, he and West gave them a lot of credibility as a defensive frontcourt, it's a big downgrade going to Hill / Mahinmi / Turner.

Turner (think he is going to be great) will still have a lot of teething issues like all rookies have, so can't see him being a big factor this year.

Hill / Ellis I think will actually work quite well together, with Stuckey playing that 6th man role.

I just don't see any of the players on the Pacers team improving, I think Hill / Ellis / J.Hill have all peaked - George wont be as good as he was (atleast for his first season back, confidence thing),

On the flip side, I think Reggie / KCP / Morris / Dre are all getting better...

Will Indiana finish higher than us in the standings?

Probably.

Would Indiana rather have our roster?

Probably.

^^ Pretty decent evaluation,

I just think as it stands our roster has more potential,

But Pacers are at the beginning of a rebuild even if they don't know it - George and Turner two great young pieces, let's see how they can add to them over the next couple of years - If Lawson wasn't such a fruitcake he would make a lot of sense - George Hill to me has always been an ELITE 6th man type player, but i'v never been high on him as a starter...

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It's still a better lineup than the Pistons have. Ellis, George, Turner is a pretty nice core (assuming Turner ends up being what we think he will). I'm not sure how Copeland replaces West, they're definitely thin at PF. But Ellis is a major upgrade from Stuckey. I don't think he can be the man on a contender but it's enough to keep them ahead of Detroit in the standings. Of course one injury and all that could change too.
    I like our roster better than Indy's myself, though George is the best of the bunch. Position and health make it close with Drummond though IMO and I'm not sure how George at PF is going to go. Could be amazing, could be a disaster. I like Jackson better than George. I'd rather have Meeks than Stuckey myself, as I prefer shooting and neither can defend.

I'm not a big Ellis fan, but guys who can create offense do have value. Its another hit to their defense though.

They can definitely be better than us,but I also think they can be worse. I think Vogel is overrated and SVG is elite to me. He doesn't have elite pieces to work with,but he has guys who fit his system throughout the entire rotation.

In the end, the key to how good we are is probably how well and how quickly guys like KCP,Johnson and Morris mature and improve as players.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus

In the end, the key to how good we are is probably how well and how quickly guys like KCP,Johnson and Morris mature and improve as players.
    I totally agree with that last part. It really does depend on the young guys and how they develop.

Both teams are likely to be battling for the 6-8 seeds in the East this year I would say, but I think by the following year we re more likely to be making a push for a top 6 seed than the Pacers... Assuming our players grow both individually and as a team under SVG...