Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Current Kyrie Irving reminds me of Iverson (1996 to 1998) Philadelphia

He's having a rough season, but he's still putting up quality numbers. And he's the 2nd best PG in the east after John Wall.

I think the Cavs needs to surround him with quality defensive role players. Kyrie needs to be a more consistent scorer for the Cavs. He's not a classical pass first pg. He's a combo guard just like Iverson, westbrook, Marbury and francis.

It sucks that we don't have a Dikembe Mutombo in this league. If they win the lottery again I hope they draft Embiid, but it looks like he's gonna stay in College.

Last edited by Lebron23; 01-22-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Default Re: Current Kyrie Irving reminds me of Iverson (1996 to 1998) Philadelphia

Except not as good, or near as athletic as Iverson. Even if a poor technical defender, Iverson made teams pay in the passing lanes quite often. Irving is a complete non factor defensively. And even though Philly purposely made him a SG, AI still had superior vision and passing compared to Kyrie. Irving's lack of court vision, and passing is the most disappointing thing about him.

Default Re: Current Kyrie Irving reminds me of Iverson (1996 to 1998) Philadelphia

I'll say it again: Kyrie is like the next Iverson but sucks compared to Iverson.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

very disrespectful to iverson

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Except not as good, or near as athletic as Iverson. Even if a poor technical defender, Iverson made teams pay in the passing lanes quite often. Irving is a complete non factor defensively. And even though Philly purposely made him a SG, AI still had superior vision and passing compared to Kyrie. Irving's lack of court vision, and passing is the most disappointing thing about him.

I was just comparing their situations. Prime AI is better than the current Irving. He actually became an efficient scorer after the league changes it rules at the start of the 2004-05 NBA Season.

33 ppg on 45 FG% in the 2005-06 NBA Season.

Last edited by Lebron23; 01-22-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    33 on 45 FG% in the 2005-06 NBA Season.
    Then he put up like 28 ppg on 47% even older on the Nuggets. After the league changed it's rules in 2006. Coincidence, much?

The 90's, and early 2000's had ACTUAL physical defenses that really separated a superstars ability to get to the rim, or get up shot attempts. It took real talent under those physical conditions.

It wasn't like JJ Barea types were weaving in and out of the lane, like a hot knife through butter in the 90's or early 2000s because no one was allowed to touch you.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

He plays non-winnning basketball as a PG.

It's as simple as that.

I'd trade him without a second thought if indeed the Cavs.

NBA rookie of the year

Kyrie reminds a lot of Gilbert Arenas, and I would never want that type of player as my max player.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Must have never seen Iverson, prolly just went to bball reference saw they were both under 6'3 and have seasons of sub 40% shooting and said "yup these guys are the same"

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    very disrespectful to iverson
    Exactly. Like comparing Lance Stephenson to Michael Jordan

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Exactly. Like comparing Lance Stephenson to Michael Jordan
    This but at least Lance plays winning basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    This but at least Lance plays winning basketball.
    Not really, he makes some dumb*** decisions pretty often. He's a very good player but he's also in probably the perfect situation to amplify his strengths and compensate for his weaknesses.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Lance reminds me of those career 6th men with very good stats on bad teams.

He just so happens to have landed on a great team to start his career.