Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Jesse Eisenberg announced as Lex Luthor for the new "Superman vs. Batman" movie

My initial reaction was "Wtf is the kid from the Social Network playing Lex Luthor for?! It doesn't match."

But the more I think it, the more I think it could be ok and not horrible. Jesse Eisenbert is a very good actor imo. I think he could be a modern day Lex Luthor type. He'll advance his company with tech, and could act like a somewhat nerdy yet billionaire powerhouse guy. He is the Zuckerberg type guy as someone mentioned. His portrayal in The Social Network will probably carry over, but I hope it is a little bit more sinister. He pass off as intelligent and snarky, but not exactly a huge business man/humanitarian figure that Lex impose as because of his voice. He talks too fast. He's good for Mark Zuckerberg, but I think he could work through as a Lex Luther like business man or redefine it.

I can even see him being a little bit creepy. I don't see him having a lot of hate in his voice for Superman tho.

And I don't see him being better than Byron Cranston. From his Breaking Bad performance, he is the perfect Lex Luthor for me. With his bald head, he looks like him. He seems smart, could pass off as a business man/humanitarian figure, has range and could go all Heisenberg on Superman.

"I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!"

Damn it. Byron Cranston would've been such a good Lex. Eisenberg could do it tho. I don't see at this time, but I think he could pass off as a really creepy and intelligence Lex Luthor tho. I don't exactly see him having a hate for Superman like Byron Cranston. Jesse Eisenberg would've been better as the Riddler tho. I can see him doing that or the Flash, lol.

Anyway, I'm going to wait until I see it. I'm curious how it's going to work out. I'm guessing they are going to portray Lex Luthor as a prodigy genius, which is great. He'll make an excellent young Lex. I just can't see him being sinister enough to pull off hateful side of Lex, but I can see being a bit creepy.
    Last edited by Micku; 02-01-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Default Re: Jesse Eisenberg announced as Lex Luthor for the new "Superman vs. Batman" movie

Gal Gadot is still the most wtf choice, but Jesse as Lex i still cant get my mind around it big wtf

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Sure sounds like Heath Ledger being cast for Dark Knight in here. Give the dude a chance.
    That's what I am saying. Who knows what might happen. Maybe history will repeat itself, maybe it won't.

I just hope they don't introduce Batman again because everybody and their grandma knows Batman origin story.

I agree with people saying he'd make a great Joker/Riddle. He's got that lank, evil face going in.

Adrian Brody would have been a crazy Joker. He could have pulled off the tradtional Joker much better than Ledger.

I still the GOAT casting would be Tropher Grace as Spider-Man.
    I know right?

He looks perfect for the part as MCguire did at the time. Lanky, looks kinda pathetic looking and with his type of body all he has is to go up when weight training.

Not only that, but he pulls off that sarcastic and funny thing with total ease. It's absolutely his ballpark.
    He is Peter Parker. If you read the comics, he is Eric Forman personified. He's even pussified by a red head like Parker

The new Spiderman isn't anything like the PEter Parker I know. He's pretty much a hipster Spidey.

Banned

Sure sounds like Heath Ledger being cast for Dark Knight in here. Give the dude a chance.
    Ledger was a proven versatile and extremely capable actor long before he took on the role of the Joker, going back to his teenage days and 'Roar' (That show had an awesome concept but it's virtually unknown). The people who were complaining about him being the gay cowboy in Brokeback never bothered to even watch that movie. If they did, they would've known the dude was for real.

Eisenberg on the other hand has never shown the ability to do anything besides talk fast. That's it. That's all he's ever done. The fast talking douchebag. In every movie.

I would love to hear your recommendations for films of his we should watch to make us believe that this is similar to Heath Ledger signing on to play the Joker.

^^ You need a Lex Luthor who is smart and ruthless though. Just being bald doesn't do it.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    This looks more ****ed up every time they announce something new :

Link - http://variety.com/2014/film/news/je...ed-1201079902/
    is WB thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor

kinda looks like matt damon to me

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Will Jonah Hill be the Superman?

Real Men watch CBM

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Will Jonah Hill be the Superman?
    Jack Black was actually almost set to play Green Lantern, truth, google it.

[COLOR="Red"]A preview of Superman vs Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg):[/COLOR]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIntDen7fv0

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Would pay to watch this

Wtf?? They needed Heisenberg, not Eisenberg!

sorry had to be done.....