Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Re: Your 2014 Game of The Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I took a stab at Mordor, just couldn't get into it. I felt like it just dropped me too hard in the middle of this upgrading mess, and I never got into it enough to play it to where I'm sure it gets good.

Evil Within I played much more of, but I dropped that too at about chapter three, which may be a bigger indictment.
    I just can't get into the Assassin's Creed games. I tried with AC2 and Black Flag and I really gave them a chance but quit right before the halfway mark.

I enjoyed the hell out of the Evil Within. The first few chapters feel a lot like the Last of Us with a lot of stealth needed. The remaining chapters felt more like Resident Evil 4. It's still a challenging game, but you learn to adjust with proper upgrades. This game took me 25 hours to complete with 155 deaths. It was a very satisying gaming experience.

I also have an unopened copy of Mordor. I enjoy these type of games.....so this one might be up there for me in terms of GOTY.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I just can't get into the Assassin's Creed games. I tried with AC2 and Black Flag and I really gave them a chance but quit right before the halfway mark.

I enjoyed the hell out of the Evil Within. The first few chapters feel a lot like the Last of Us with a lot of stealth needed. The remaining chapters felt more like Resident Evil 4. It's still a challenging game, but you learn to adjust with proper upgrades. This game took me 25 hours to complete with 155 deaths. It was a very satisying gaming experience.

I also have an unopened copy of Mordor. I enjoy these type of games.....so this one might be up there for me in terms of GOTY.

I could still see myself going back to Evil Within, which is unusual for me. Generally once I'm out I'm out. But it was going relatively well. The upgrading just seemed like a mess was probably my biggest complaint.

Sold my ps4 months ago because there was literally nothing good to play until next year. This was one of the worst years in recent memory for gaming. If I had to vote for GOTY though, Destiny is the only choice that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Sold my ps4 months ago because there was literally nothing good to play until next year. This was one of the worst years in recent memory for gaming. If I had to vote for GOTY though, Destiny is the only choice that makes sense.
    Why not just keep for next year?

TLoU Remastered and it's not even close. GTA V remastered comes in second

if we're not including remasters, then I'll go with Wolfenstein I guess. Haven't played Shadow of Mordor or Evil Within yet though, which are two games I plan on playing at some point.

1. Jizz in her face
    2. Jizz in her mouth
    3. Jizz in her V

On the X-Station.

Banned

The last of us on PS4, like everyone said. There aren't many other options, just like everyone else said. Destiny was pretty bad, Infamous was okay, but not really good. 2k15 was a big improvement over 14 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Why not just keep for next year?
    I just let it sit there and collect dust. All I played was Resogun, Infamous, and mostly Injustice. Owned it for like 3 months and sold it for $300. I am going to buy it again in March or April for Mortal Kombat X and also The Witcher III. I am hoping there is a special edition PS4 for MKX since Sony is backing the game more so than Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    TLoU Remastered and it's not even close. GTA V remastered comes in second

if we're not including remasters, then I'll go with Wolfenstein I guess. Haven't played Shadow of Mordor or Evil Within yet though, which are two games I plan on playing at some point.
    Shadow of Mordor is fantastic. I just started playing Evil Within, and I love it. Great at building tension and suspense, much like Last of Us. Hard to play it for too long at a time due to the high stress. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Shadow of Mordor is fantastic. I just started playing Evil Within, and I love it. Great at building tension and suspense, much like Last of Us. Hard to play it for too long at a time due to the high stress. At least for me.
    I got Mordor off Amazon for $30. Great deal. Still waiting for it to come in the mail.

Sunset Overdrive
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Dragon Age: Inquisition
    Shadow of Mordor

TLoU was my GOTY for 2013 but I don't think The PS4 version should count (I finished the remastered version again btw)
    Last edited by konex; 12-28-2014 at 01:37 AM.

For actual new games (not remasters), I'll go with Mordor.

Smash by far

Last of us? Just read a book you thugs

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Wow man... looking back on it I didn't play a whole bunch of games released this year, and the ones I did were underwhelming.

I guess I'd have to say Destiny, and Smash were the only games released this year that really moved the needle for me. Those are the only games worth mentioning. I liked Legend of Korra too.

Dragon Age: Inquisition for me but that and 2k is pretty much all I played this year. Walking Dead Season Two by Telltale was pretty good this year too, but not as good as the first season imo.