Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
       

Default Re: Nets 2016-2017 Discussion Thread

i didn't hear indian fans ragging on the dubs around here. i think everyone was just grateful to beat the odds and enjoy a team championship for the first time in many peoples' lives. i guess it was more on the national level that the warriors were getting mocked or whatnot.

but really, it was already kind of a miracle that the tribe made the series at all. their season record was nothing special, and they lost three of their best players for the year. i think by the playoffs they were down to just one starting pitcher or so.

What a game. Sean Kilpatrick looked like freaking Westbrook tonight. I can't believe we got this guy from the d-league.

   

i wouldn't have guessed before the season began that jeremy lin would be so crucial to the team's success. but at the same time, i don't know what to think about his injury situation. time just drags on and on with it, and i wonder if this is going to be a regular thing whenever he gets heavy usage, as the past gives some hint of.

but the bigger issue is still-- can this team learn to defend? i doubt they're slacking off in any way, which means what... lack of talent?

It's annoying how Hush-Hush the Nets are with his injury. They said he would be re-evaluated in 2 weeks. Well it's been 4 weeks and all they've said as an update is that they are taking the "long term approach". I just wish they gave us an actual time table.

Was in town so I had to check out the squad. Fun game to watch! There were a lot of Laker fans (as usual) but they all left early

That Larry Nance dunk was electric though. Everyone one in the crowd when nuts.

   

vince - alonzo

Quote Originally Posted by MTing

Was in town so I had to check out the squad. Fun game to watch! There were a lot of Laker fans (as usual) but they all left early

That Larry Nance dunk was electric though. Everyone one in the crowd when nuts.
    Nice seats! Must have been hard to get since it was against LA!

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    It's annoying how Hush-Hush the Nets are with his injury. They said he would be re-evaluated in 2 weeks. Well it's been 4 weeks and all they've said as an update is that they are taking the "long term approach". I just wish they gave us an actual time table.
    Get ready for the same process Lin out with the same injury

   

and yet again... the same injury. unbelievable.

it must have been a pretty severe injury in the first place for lin to keep aggravating it like this. or something.

i guess the upside to this season is that CLV, RHJ, whitehead and CMC (in the d-league) have all gotten good burn and shown good progress. but once again, even before the halfway point, it's already about next season.

what a complete disaster prokhy's plan turned out to be, and what an utterly backfiring move it turned out to be when NYC acquired carmelo and d-will. just, zoiks.

There's been some entertaining games this season with Lin including a W in Memphis. Would really love if the Nets could destroy the Knicks this Sunday.

My Sweet 16 Mock

Giles & Dozier?