Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Durant signs 5 year extension

Also, the OKC organization has been building through the draft not going after FA's. I don't think they are even interested in going head hunting for big name FA's. Also what FA wouldn't want to play with a young cast like that.

It's a sad day in the NBA when Joe Johnson is making more than Kevin Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    with less than 7 years of experience, the max for a player is 25% of the cap. rudy gay just finished his 4th season and got 5 years $80 million, slightly less than his max of $85 million. durant's max was $85 million as well, and he got the max.

7-9 years experience max contracts are 30% of the cap. so bosh, wade, james are eligible for more money.
    Figured that.

LAL|LAC

How can anyone hate on this kid...

Love how business like Kevin Durant is. Seriously, no circus or anything. He gets offered an extension and responds quickly with praise to the Thunder.

Quickly becoming a huge favorite for me. Good job by the Thunder to lock him up for 5 more years.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Also, the OKC organization has been building through the draft not going after FA's. I don't think they are even interested in going head hunting for big name FA's. Also what FA wouldn't want to play with a young cast like that.
    that's the impressive thing. this is the fastest-built playoff team/would-be contender that i've ever seen. other teams may land a star player and be in contention immediately (heat with shaq, lakers with gasol), but as far as building internally, it's just been phenomenal.

and while the front office deserves credit for putting the right mix of players together, you gotta hand it to those players for keeping a level head and developing a veteran mindset while they still have plenty of youth and energy left.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    that's the impressive thing. this is the fastest-built playoff team/would-be contender that i've ever seen. other teams may land a star player and be in contention immediately (heat with shaq, lakers with gasol), but as far as building internally, it's just been phenomenal.

and while the front office deserves credit for putting the right mix of players together, you gotta hand it to those players for keeping a level head and developing a veteran mindset while they still have plenty of youth and energy left.
    Yeah they have done fantastic in the draft. I remember people thought Westbrook was a horrible pick and a lot of people had doubts about Jeff Green and we all know how that turned out. The front office deserves a ton of credit and praise.

Saw a basketball once jaggedmole's Avatar

I love KD. He'll be 26 when this extension is up. Think about that. We have yet to see the best this kid will be. The NBA is in good hands for the next 10years. Lots of great young players to take the reins when Kobe hangs up the Adidas.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    Nice move, I'm officially a Durant fan. Always thought lebron was overrated.

This clown

Local High School Star

Here they come! KD and OKC is coming to take over this league soon,and after the deal was done Durant was at the summer league,supporting Harden,Maynor and the rest of his young troops,what more could you want out of your superstar?

Durant will be in the NBA Finals within 3 years, I'll bet big bucks on that.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Durant will be in the NBA Finals within 3 years, I'll bet big bucks on that.
    I'll say 2,and i think they will be in the western conference finals this year with the Lakers.

I usually hit open layups

The Durantula is a true professional.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by shizzouts
    The Durantula is a true professional.
    yep class act all the way...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Love how business like Kevin Durant is. Seriously, no circus or anything. He gets offered an extension and responds quickly with praise to the Thunder.

Quickly becoming a huge favorite for me. Good job by the Thunder to lock him up for 5 more years.

kd is a cool kid, i follow him on twitter and i like his style. he loves it in okc, he just built a house out there.