Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland vs OKC: Who has the better starting 5?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I doubt you've seen Dion Waiters play a complete basketball game... ever. I would think that would be a prerequisite to making such bold statements, but apparently not.

He was arguably the Cavaliers' best man perimeter defenders last season. He still has trouble at times maintaining focus off-the-ball, but that isn't unlike most extremely young players in the NBA.

He has all of the physical characteristics of a good defender. He's very strong, has quick feet, is a bulldog/gym rat and nice length for the position.

In his rookie season, he would occasionally show flashes of capability defensively, but he'd never really played in a defense structured like the ones he saw in the NBA, so there was a serious learning curve. It might also be an idea for you to not solely rely on other people's opinions to formulate (an ill conceived) argument, especially those writers on FTS (I believe this was a Vecenie piece and it has zero relevance in this discussion).

You might be better off chatting with someone who also hasn't seen a Cavs game in four years. That's a much more level playing field. If you want to continue your position of "Waiters is a worse defender than Irving," don't allow me to get in the way.

I just ask that you not take offense when I laugh at you.

Why would I take offense at someone so clearly delusional? Waiters was benched multiple times for his poor defense this past season...it's one of the reasons he is so sour towards Kyrie...he can be an empty hole defensively without being benched, but Dion is. The guy is a terrible defensive player and I've seen him play a lot the last two years. He is completely baffled at the NBA level as far as defense goes. He just doesn't understand how to be a good defensive player. From this past season:

"Here is my educated guess, though. I think Dion Waiters lives with a chip on his shoulder. He plays with a chip on his shoulder, but it isn't just a function of his playing style. It's who he is. Everything in the media and on the court has come easy for Kyrie Irving (until this year, I think). Waiters, though, has now been benched both of his first two years in the league. Kyrie Irving doesn't play defense (or at least it's perceived that way) and he gets to keep playing. Dion Waiters doesn't play defense, and he gets benched. Now, Waiters doesn't come close to providing the offensive value Irving does. And I don't think Waiters has defended as well as Irving has. So it's apples to oranges. But not only do I understand why Waiters wouldn't get that, I don't want him to get that. I want Waiters to see himself as an offensive dynamo."

You can laugh at me all you want, why would I care? The cavs backcourt is atrocious defensively and that isn't going to change if Kyrie and Dion are starting...and it won't help that one of their big men is going to end up being Kevin Love who is also useless defensively. If you have actually watched the Cavs play and you think Dion Waiters is a good defensive player...then you seriously need some basketball therapy because you are clearly not all there.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Why would I take offense at someone so clearly delusional? Waiters was benched multiple times for his poor defense this past season...it's one of the reasons he is so sour towards Kyrie...he can be an empty hole defensively without being benched, but Dion is. The guy is a terrible defensive player and I've seen him play a lot the last two years. He is completely baffled at the NBA level as far as defense goes. He just doesn't understand how to be a good defensive player. From this past season:

"Here is my educated guess, though. I think Dion Waiters lives with a chip on his shoulder. He plays with a chip on his shoulder, but it isn't just a function of his playing style. It's who he is. Everything in the media and on the court has come easy for Kyrie Irving (until this year, I think). Waiters, though, has now been benched both of his first two years in the league. Kyrie Irving doesn't play defense (or at least it's perceived that way) and he gets to keep playing. Dion Waiters doesn't play defense, and he gets benched. Now, Waiters doesn't come close to providing the offensive value Irving does. And I don't think Waiters has defended as well as Irving has. So it's apples to oranges. But not only do I understand why Waiters wouldn't get that, I don't want him to get that. I want Waiters to see himself as an offensive dynamo."

You can laugh at me all you want, why would I care? The cavs backcourt is atrocious defensively and that isn't going to change if Kyrie and Dion are starting...and it won't help that one of their big men is going to end up being Kevin Love who is also useless defensively. If you have actually watched the Cavs play and you think Dion Waiters is a good defensive player...then you seriously need some basketball therapy because you are clearly not all there.
    Dude you are ****ing with RBA, one of the goat Cavs fans on here. I trust his opinion on this shit more than any other poster on ish.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Dude you are ****ing with RBA, one of the goat Cavs fans on here. I trust his opinion on this shit more than any other poster on ish.
    lol how would you even know that? you been posting here and and in that time been posting fcuking idiotic nonsense for 6 months. Nobody gives a fcuk about your opinion, shut up.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    lol how would you even know that? you been posting here and and in that time been posting fcuking idiotic nonsense for 6 months. Nobody gives a fcuk about your opinion, shut up.
    Goddamn you are a salty ass ni[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ga

Hurry up and rep me and leave before you embarrass yourself even more

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Love and Durant both don't show up come playoffs
    Love literally doesn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Cavs potentially have 4 all stars
    Last time that has happened was 2011 Boston Celtics.

Anyone know when the last time before that was?