Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: I still can't believe Barkley/Hakeem/Drexler didn't win anything

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    always talking about Malone....put him all his carrer with the spurs manu/tony/d.robinson/bowen/leonard, etc and popovich in a weaker era and he wins 8 rings.

PD: He is the 2nd greatest scorer ever. dont forget it.
    Based on what, exactly? He doesn't have a bigger impact on games, or intangibles, he played with one of the five best Point Guards ever, for his whole career, and he got beat up by numerous 42-48 win teams.

Rick Fox said he gave up in the 04 Finals because of how badly the Lakers were being beaten. What a winner, what a champion.

There's nothing you can say to prove otherwise. I come at you with facts and you just spew nonsense. You really are a lousy basketball fan.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Based on what, exactly? He doesn't have a bigger impact on games, or intangibles, he played with one of the five best Point Guards ever, for his whole career, and he got beat up by numerous 42-48 win teams.

Rick Fox said he gave up in the 04 Finals because of how badly the Lakers were being beaten. What a winner, what a champion.

There's nothing you can say to prove otherwise. I come at you with facts and you just spew nonsense. You really are a lousy basketball fan.
    yes, nonsesnse, sure. your are trying to say that malone with the spurs playing against the 99 less ewing knicks or the 03 new jersey nets, or 07 cavs also had no chance of winning a ring....(i dont mention the 03-07 suns in a potential WCF because Malone would have scored 50 points per game against them....)

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    yes, nonsesnse, sure. your are trying to say that malone with the spurs playing against the 99 less ewing knicks or the 03 new jersey nets, or 07 cavs also had no chance of winning a ring....(i dont mention the 03-07 suns in a potential WCF because Malone would have scored 50 points per game against them....)
    That's the problem: you're putting Malone in the Finals when he wouldn't have made it a lot of times. Malone and Nazr are gonna make the Spurs top 5 defensive teams, which is why they won so much in the early-to-mid 2000s?

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    That's the problem: you're putting Malone in the Finals when he wouldn't have made it a lot of times. Malone and Nazr are gonna make the Spurs top 5 defensive teams, which is why they won so much in the early-to-mid 2000s?
    dantoni suns are now winning against spurs between 2003 and 2008 ?????? wtf...who else? melo nuggets? deron williams jazz?? ray allen sonics?? come on...is not just the finals....the only two teams that could give malone

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Btw I just realized the number of people Lebron is stopping from winning is gonna be so much higher than MJ

10 years from now people are gonna say

"How come Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, Dwight, Curry, Rose, Lillard, Melo, Paul George never won rings?"

2/5

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    I can understand they were all older than 30 but damn. In their prime tho together that could've been something amazing to watch.

Houston won 2 in a row before bringing Barkley to the team. #Ring chaser LeBron before LeBron lool and he is my favourite PF by the way
    Barkley was washed up when he washed ashore in Houston. Phoenix Barkley wasn't even as good as Phila Barkley despite the MVP (though Barkley's real MVP season was 1990 when they gifted it to Magic. Chuck had more first place votes, but some butthurt reporters kept him off their list).

He wasn't chasing rings, he was going into retirement. Guy let himself get fat before he got there.

NBA Superstar

Blake griffin > Kemp

Cp3 = Isiah

Steph Curry > Stockton

Paul George = Pippen

D Rose >> any pg in the 90's

Westbrook > any pg in the 90's

Melo > Any one in MJ's era
    someone seriously needs to punch you right in the nuts. and that WAS me who negged you and gave you your third red bar, be happy I will need to spread some rep around before repping you again.
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 08-10-2014 at 10:31 AM.

NBA Superstar

Btw I just realized the number of people Lebron is stopping from winning is gonna be so much higher than MJ

10 years from now people are gonna say

"How come Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, Dwight, Curry, Rose, Lillard, Melo, Paul George never won rings?"

The same way they will say Bran let Boris Diaw, JJ Barea, Jason Terry, Kwahi Leonard run roughshod all over him and get rings.

Lucky Ray Allen showed up one time.

"Jordan era"

They never even faced Jordan... He's talking about them as trio you