Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    College star

Default Re: Why isn't Dwight interested in the Bulls?

i think it has something to do with the ownership and the managment of the bulls. I think this is why the 3 clowns refused to go to the bulls last season and a lot of of these franchise players are a little hesitant as well. Jordan had a lot of problems with them right? I just felt the Bulls management has always been a no nonsense team first style where stars aren't regarded as being above the team. A lot of these spoiled NBA stars dont like that. They want to be pampered.

Quote Originally Posted by lock
    Jordans shadow?
    That may have been the case in the day, but not now. Rose getting MVP, hardly anyone in Chicago compares him to MJ. Not to mention Dwight is a center and the Bulls have never had a center of Dwight's caliber. Gilmore was good, but on the Bulls he wasn't that great.

Local High School Star Joey Zaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy87
    Noah, Deng, Gibson, Asik and Charlottes pick..
    Not necessarily this...but even that package is so -- hey here are a bunch of long term contracts for mediocre players and some who knows but at least they're young players...

I wouldn't give up all of those for Dwight, but a package of a few of them is better than anything NJ has to offer.
    THIS -- we have some ok pieces (though as we all know Rose was by himself last year) but you certainly can't have all of it for Howard.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Noah, Deng, Gibson, Asik and Charlottes pick.

I wouldn't give up all of those for Dwight, but a package of a few of them is better than anything NJ has to offer.
    There isn't anyone in that package that I'd be sold on as a franchise cornerstone. The two best players, Deng and Noah, will be unrestricted FAs by the time your draft picks come of age. The Charlotte Pick doesn't lose protection until 2016. If I was running the Bulls I would accept that trade without a second of hesitation. It's Orlando that should reject this kind of mediocrity overload. Until/unless someone offers a real star I'd hang onto Howard until the last possible second. Deals like this are just rushing to the middle of the lottery.

He's not interested......

for basketball reasons

We have a very solid roster, but not enough young pieces to entice Orlando. Majority of our core is still young, but they are not on rookie-contracts anymore.

Obviously, Rose is out of the discussion, so it leaves us with only Gibson and Asik, who are just not enough to get Howard. Plus, they want to unload Hedo's contract, and getting Deng or Boozer in return to match salaries does not make any sense.

I'll be very content once we sign a good SG. We don't need Howard.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Tom Boerwinkle has to be in the talk but yeah A Train was great

Cartwright as a Bull was winding down... for that stage of Cartwright's career, post Knicks days, to me #18 might still hold the edge as far as being a Bull. 7' maybe 270, Boerwinkle was a power in the key early 70s. Those early Bulls teams were real good, Jerry Sloan was deadly from the corner & one of the best thieves of all time... Bob Love, Norm van Lier, Chet Walker

Longley at first second and third glance is weak but I did notice he had to slow down some pretty fair 90s Cs for the Bulls to win all those rings.

But yeah Artis would be the guy... Walton & Kareem neither one ever wanted to go to Chicago

im a bulls fan...and it doesnt bother me at all. we already have a championship caliber team thats only going to grow and get better with or without other superstars.

also...i think dwight is playing games. I think he just wants attention and intends on staying a magic for this season, and he knows chicago has pieces for a real trade that could happen so hes saying hes not interested...and hes stringing along teams that dont have the assets to make a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    im a bulls fan...and it doesnt bother me at all. we already have a championship caliber team thats only going to grow and get better with or without other superstars.
    No you do not. The Heat will continue to oppress your squad for the next five years without at least one major star addition and the Bulls might even need 2. The Bulls may or may not have a very good regular season record but as soon as they face the Heat it will be over and if NY or NJ brings in another star they'll be lording it over them as well.

Oh the Bealsanity

Dwight wants to be the man.

Rose is king in Chicago. Can't see him wanting to be second fiddle.

My view at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    No you do not. The Heat will continue to oppress your squad for the next five years without at least one major star addition and the Bulls might even need 2. The Bulls may or may not have a very good regular season record but as soon as they face the Heat it will be over and if NY or NJ brings in another star they'll be lording it over them as well.
    Had the refs not taken over in the beginning of the second half in Game 2, you could have been singing a very different tune now.

Miami had a better roster and probably still does, but it doesn't mean that the Bulls have no chance against them. Look what happened in the Dallas series.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    Dwight wants to be the man.

Rose is king in Chicago. Can't see him wanting to be second fiddle.

My view at least.
    ..and they both Adidas topstars, allegedly some jealousy there as well. Adidas wouldn

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Had the refs not taken over in the beginning of the second half in Game 2, you could have been singing a very different tune now.

Miami had a better roster and probably still does, but it doesn't mean that the Bulls have no chance against them. Look what happened in the Dallas series.
    U mad?

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus

Chi got beat down 4-1, please don't act like that's just about the officiating. LeBron James was giving Rose a hard time and for 2 of the 4 losses they should have charged Boozer for admission and left him in the stands. The team lost. Dallas winning has nothing to do with Chi, they're completely different and James choked in a way that he didn't vs. Chi. So unless you want to bank on James choking consistently vs. the Bulls (and I wouldn't) you can't count on Chi beating Miami in the postseason.

Magic Johnson

I still don't understand why Dwight isn't interested in Chicago, Oklahoma City, or even Memphis. All those teams have the pieces to contend.