Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    College star

Default Re: Lebron is like Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutmiami
    That's an insult to Magic. When did Magic ever quit on his team? Never!!!
    i forgot lebron had one of the GOAT on his team.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    i forgot lebron had one of the GOAT on his team.
    And Magic also was a greatest of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    I have never, ever, ever, while reading and posting on ISH see anyone destroy as many people in one thread as PlowKing destroyed this fools in this thread.

Individually

LeBron>>> Magic, 30\7\7 over 24\12\6 any day.
    Magic's numbers are incredible when you consider that he deferred to Kareem for much of his career and mainly focused on getting other guys involved. There's no doubt in my mind that had Magic been drafted by a talentless crap team like Lebron, that he would have been an even bigger stat-monster. Look at the shots per game that magic took, very low.

If you are obsessed with stats, that would be great. I'm not. I know how amazing Magic Johnson was. I know how he won championships at every level and made his teams better. Lebron is obviously an amazing player, but to be compared to Magic? uh, not so fast.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    Magic's numbers are incredible when you consider that he deferred to Kareem for much of his career and mainly focused on getting other guys involved. There's no doubt in my mind that had Magic been drafted by a talentless crap team like Lebron, that he would have been an even bigger stat-monster. Look at the shots per game that magic took, very low.

If you are obsessed with stats, that would be great. I'm not. I know how amazing Magic Johnson was. I know how he won championships at every level and made his teams better. Lebron is obviously an amazing player, but to be compared to Magic? uh, not so fast.
    What exactly did Magic accomplish after Kareem retired?

And Magic's stats didn't just suddenly jump to Lebron's level once Kareem left.

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    What exactly did Magic accomplish after Kareem retired?

And Magic's stats didn't just suddenly jump to Lebron's level once Kareem left.
    Magic only payed 2 years without Kareem. Magic won an MVP award in 1990 and took the Lakers to the finals in 1991.

After Kareem retired Magic was on the back side of his career, he wasn't 20 years old. He also still played for the Lakers, a decently talented and contending team. We had a Hall of Fame player in James Worthy that needed his shots. It's not the same thing as Lebron being drafted at 18 by the Cleveland Cadavers and being a one man team that has the ball in his hands for 48 minutes. Magic's role was not to play 1 on 5 basketball like Lebron has been doing.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    Magic only payed 2 years without Kareem. Magic won an MVP award in 1990 and took the Lakers to the finals in 1991.

After Kareem retired Magic was on the back side of his career, he wasn't 20 years old. He also still played for the Lakers, a decently talented and contending team. We had a Hall of Fame player in James Worthy that needed his shots. It's not the same thing as Lebron being drafted at 18 by the Cleveland Cadavers and being a one man team that has the ball in his hands for 48 minutes. Magic's role was not to play 1 on 5 basketball like Lebron has been doing.

So by your reasoning, Magic was "underperforming" because he had HOF teammates, and Lebron is stat padding on a sh1t team.

While at the same time, Magic is greater because he won more with his HOF teammates, and Lebron is a loser and quitter because he had a sh1t team.

When did I call Lebron a loser? You must have chip on your shoulder or something. Magic won championships at every level. Players that win are always held in greater regard than players that don't. That doesn't make Lebron a "loser". I didn't make the rules dude. That's just the way it is.

Again, I believe that Magic would have had even more impressive stats if he was drafted to a low level team without a couple of Hall of Fame players. If he was required to take on more of the load like Lebron is, he was perfectly capable of doing so. They were drafted into completely different situations.

Magic's role on the Lakers was not to score as much as Lebron. He was a point guard and a playmaker, not primarily a scorer. When Kareem's production slowed, Magic increased his scoring a little bit. Magic was plenty talented and was capable of scoring as much as Lebron in my opinion. If you don't agree, so what? It doesn't bother me. Don't take it personal dude.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    Kobe is like Michael Jordan
    Funniest post ever.