Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Andrew Wiggins is not a lock at #1?

Default Re: Andrew Wiggins is not a lock at #1?

well the season hasn't even started. anything can happen, remember michael beasley?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Julius Randle has always been 1a and 1b depending on who you talk to and a couple other guys are one good college season away from taking #1 (Harrison Twins, Aaron Gordon and and I'm forgetting someone else)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    well the season hasn't even started. anything can happen, remember michael beasley?
    Not sure what you mean by Beasley. He was a monster in his one-and-done season. And it was right after the one-and-done rule got put in place. People were going crazy over how unreal Durant's freshman year was at Texas the first year of the one-and-done rule, then Beasley came along the next year and had that was just as good, if not better.

It was Harrison Barnes who came out of high school, was named preseason All-American and got a lot of hype without playing a game. People kind of forget that he actually had a pretty good freshman season, it just didn't live up to the ridiculous hype and unfair expectations he was getting before ever playing in a college game.

Andre Drummond took the same path Wiggins took (coming out of HS 1 year earlier) super athletic big who everyone had #1 on their mock drafts as the #1 of 2012. He didnt play like a #1 pick at UConn and dropped all the way to 10 somehow. I can see the same happening to Wiggins (not dropping to 10 but somewhere in the top 3) especially with such a loaded draft. I can easily see Marcus Smart being the #1 pick. Even Aaron Gordon if he goes off this year. Julius Randle as well

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

There's will always be people looking to hate on the consensus high potentials.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Andre Drummond took the same path Wiggins took (coming out of HS 1 year earlier) super athletic big who everyone had #1 on their mock drafts as the #1 of 2012. He didnt play like a #1 pick at UConn and dropped all the way to 10 somehow. I can see the same happening to Wiggins (not dropping to 10 but somewhere in the top 3) especially with such a loaded draft. I can easily see Marcus Smart being the #1 pick. Even Aaron Gordon if he goes off this year. Julius Randle as well
    You have no idea what you are talking about. There was no talk about Drummond being the indisputable #1 pick. Before,during, or after his freshmen year at Uconn. He was simply one of the few options along with Barnes, Davis and a few others.

He also DID NOT come out of HS early. He was going to a 5th year prep school, but decided on going to UConn instead.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    You have no idea what you are talking about. There was no talk about Drummond being the indisputable #1 pick. Before,during, or after his freshmen year at Uconn. He was simply one of the few options along with Barnes, Davis and a few others.

He also DID NOT come out of HS early. He was going to a 5th year prep school, but decided on going to UConn instead.
    Spot on. Not to mention that Drummond is a legit big at 6'10" and 260+, while Wiggins is 6'7"/6'8" and about 210 soaking wet.

There are a ton of scenarios where a kid that size who hasn't even played a college game ends up being less than the #1.

Banned

No one is a lock going into college, especially in this class there's a number of impressive players who could develop over the season to steal the spot. Wiggins could struggle or have aspects of his game exposed and drop himself.

even if wiggins struggles i cant see anyone passing on him

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

I see him struggling to live up to the hype.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

I think what he really lacks is motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32

WTF you have no idea what you were talking about. When Andre was a HS Senior everyone had him as the number 1 pick in the draft. I follow HS basketball a lot there were tons of mocks that had him going #1

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...andre-drummond

Please tell me more how the #2 player in the nation, a 6'10 athletic as **** big wasn't the #1 mock for the 2012 draft. The only reason his stock dropped so low during the draft was because how high it was before his freshman season.

I remember going to the McDonald's game and seeing EXACTLY what the GM's in the article said about him. And then I remember coming on here and getting ripped at the same time for saying it.

The kid has got zero aura about him, and although he has sick hops, he just blends in. Anyone who ranks him above Jabari Parker currently is high.

Parker and Randle are sick almost can't miss talents. This kid might one day be good, but he is not a break out talent (yet) by any means.