Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: the michael jordan we all refuse to believe...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    Everyone has a limit. Places where they don't want to be hounded for pictures or autographs. And for MJ, one of the few places where he does not like to be bothered by dudes is when he is out with his boys, at the club, getting his drink on. And like I said before, that rule does not apply to women.

Further complicating things is MJ likely didn't know who Cam was. Combined being fooked up from drinking with the fact that MJ listens to R & B, and MJ just saw dude as a guy breaking the unwritten "man rules" about not approaching celebrity type brothers when hanging with friends while getting their party on.

If this had been at store or something on a Monday afternoon or something, MJ probably would have treated him differently. No biggie.
    Pretty much. Who knows maybe Jordan had been harassed by 3-4 guys prior to this happening and just had enough of idiots trying to approach him.

And no, girls coming up to you in a bar is *not* the same thing as 20 dudes in oversized jeans and baseball caps trying to get a photo op with you that MJ probably has to put up with every time he goes out to an event like this.

The dumbest thing is Chamillionaire says straight up at the beginning of his video that he doesn't go up to celebrities to bother them for photos and he doesn't particularly like it when people do it to him ... yet five seconds into his story, that's exactly what's doing, lol.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 01-15-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U got Served
    Pretty anyone with money/celebrity status is a douche. That's why I dont look at the NBA person, I look at the player.
    I dont believe that at all. Eddie George is a cool dude and I am sure there are countless of other celebs that are the same way. Its kind of unreasonable for us to expect to take a pic or get an autograph everytime we see one although that has nothing to do with this. MJ is a jerk. Charlie Sheen knows this all to well.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    I dont believe that at all. Eddie George is a cool dude and I am sure there are countless of other celebs that are the same way. Its kind of unreasonable for us to expect to take a pic or get an autograph everytime we see one although that has nothing to do with this. MJ is a jerk. Charlie Sheen knows this all to well.
    Yeah Charlie Sheen sure sounds like a stand up guy, with what trying to strangle his wife and pulling a knife on her and all (not to mention his hooker escapades).

Honestly if I see someone I admire and they are seated at a dinner table, and you're going to ask them to stand up and interrupt their meal or whatever so you can get a photo -- seriously piss off. It's a bad idea, and it's likely only to work out well if they're a minor celebrity who doesn't get asked a lot or they're in a great mood.

I wouldn't do it ... just let the person be. Maybe if they up on their feet and walking about, that's fair game to ask, but don't ask someone who's in conversation/having dinner seated or whatever to get up so you can get a photo. It's just stupid and tacky, unless you're 10-years-old then maybe you can play the "I'm a kid" card.

Understand Michael Jordan is one of the few people on Earth that literally cannot take a sh-t without getting harassed for autographs ... there's that famous story that he was using a public washroom one time and some idiot started sliding pictures under the stall door hoping to get an autograph.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 01-15-2010 at 01:53 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

It's a shame MJ can't more a stand up citizen like ...

Magic ... who's sexcapades and orgies were wildly rampant through his playing career and obviously eventually ended up costing him his career and could've also endangered the life of his spouse, Cookie, with his recklessness.

Or Bird ... who has a daughter who he wouldn't even give the time of day to for like 18 years even though she only lived a short distance away.

Or Kobe ... after acting like a spoiled brat for the first several seasons of his career was accused of raping a girl (who knows really what happened there either) and then ratting out his teammates in his police statement afterwards.

Or Barkley ... uh ... yeah, I don't think we even need to open this can of worms.

Yeah lets heap on MJ for not getting up from a table to take a photo with Chamillionaire and gambling a tiny fraction of his own well-earned money on some golf bets (oooh ... how terrible).

I guarantee all of the above mentioned have also berated/taunted teammates at some point in their career, have refused to sign autographs at some point in their career, and have been rude to people who approached them at some point in their career as well.

You want a "nice guy" ... Steve Nash is probably the nicest NBA player who is actually a "star" player. And really at some point he's probably pissed someone off too. If Jordan really was that terrible of a person, you have to figure he's been approached by literally tens of thousands of fans over the last 25 years ... wouldn't there literally be thousands of stories all over net about it?
    Last edited by Soundwave; 01-15-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Yeah Charlie Sheen sure sounds like a stand up guy, with what trying to strangle his wife and pulling a knife on her and all (not to mention his hooker escapades).

Honestly if I see someone I admire and they are seated at a dinner table, and you're going to ask them to stand up and interrupt their meal or whatever so you can get a photo -- seriously piss off. It's a bad idea, and it's likely only to work out well if they're a minor celebrity who doesn't get asked a lot or they're in a great mood.

I wouldn't do it ... just let the person be. Maybe if they up on their feet and walking about, that's fair game to ask, but don't ask someone who's in conversation/having dinner seated or whatever to get up so you can get a photo. It's just stupid.

Understand Michael Jordan is one of the few people on Earth that literally cannot take a sh-t without getting harassed for autographs ... there's that famous story that he was using a public washroom one time and some idiot started sliding pictures under the stall door hoping to get an autograph.
    Great point Soundwave. And the other thing is, Paul Pierce knew who Cam was and treated him differently because of it. But if this had been some annonymous ball cap wearin, baggy jeans wearin, madallion wearing brother approaching Paul Pierce IN THIS PARTICULAR SETTING, Paul Pierce would have likely rebuffed him too. I have heard that Paul is that way as well when he is out with his boys.... getting his party on. Approach him on a Saturday afternoon, not with his family or something, and you will likely get a different response.

All of this boils down to Cam and his ego really. Cam thinks that he is the sh$t. And in his world, he probably is. I am sure Cam usually gets mad love. But when Cam got rebuffed, it made him look bad. That's why Cam is salty and putting MJ on frontstreet. I am sure Cam's entourage was front row for the whole thing and has been giving Cam the sh$t about it ever since.

And you are also right that it does make a difference based on how big a star you really are. Eddie George, as big a star as he is, is not even in the same stratosphere as MJ. Eddie can go to California and be barely recognized. MJ can go to China and be mobbed.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 01-15-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    What happened BRO?
    Dennis was contemplating suicide. It was around the time he was in San Antonio.

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

XD At least wait until he's out of the stall....

NBA rookie of the year

People also are so quick to point out stupid crap like this, Jordan also did a lot for sick/underprivleged kids through various foundations including the Make A Wish Foundation:

http://www.wish.org/stories/sports_e...michael_jordan

She described meeting Michael Jordan, who is the foundation's chief ambassador and has granted the wishes of more than 180 children.

"I was like, 'Oh my gosh, you're Michael Jordan. Whoa, that is so cool,'" Monte'kia said. "He seems like a really calm, down-to-earth person. He didn't seem like a famous person. He just seemed like a person."

Other examples ... I'm sure there's a ton more:

http://www.oregonlive.com/washington...t_michael.html

http://www.wpbf.com/news/22021470/detail.html

Jordan WAS the ambassador for the NBA for the better part of the 1990s and was one of the most popular players really from the beginning of his career.

It's also known that Jordan would hang out and keep tabs on kids that lived around the old Chicago Stadium to make sure they were going to school and not getting involved in things like gangs.

If he was such a terrible person, I really doubt he could have achieved the amount of public relations good will he had.

But boo-hoo, apparently snapping at Chamillionaire is some kind of huge story.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 01-15-2010 at 02:46 PM.

owwwww

Didn't know Mike's PR guy posted here.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    People also are so quick to point out stupid crap like this, Jordan also did a lot for sick/underprivleged kids through various foundations including the Make A Wish Foundation:

http://www.wish.org/stories/sports_e...michael_jordan

She described meeting Michael Jordan, who is the foundation's chief ambassador and has granted the wishes of more than 180 children.

"I was like, 'Oh my gosh, you're Michael Jordan. Whoa, that is so cool,'" Monte'kia said. "He seems like a really calm, down-to-earth person. He didn't seem like a famous person. He just seemed like a person."

Other examples ... I'm sure there's a ton more:

http://www.oregonlive.com/washington...t_michael.html

http://www.wpbf.com/news/22021470/detail.html

Jordan WAS the ambassador for the NBA for the better part of the 1990s and was one of the most popular players really from the beginning of his career.

It's also known that Jordan would hang out and keep tabs on kids that lived around the old Chicago Stadium to make sure they were going to school and not getting involved in things like gangs.

If he was such a terrible person, I really doubt he could have achieved the amount of public relations good will he had.

But boo-hoo, apparently snapping at Chamillionaire is some kind of huge story.

NBA rookie of the year

Not his PR guy, and I'll acknowledge he certainly wasn't perfect ... but he's about as perfect as the NBA was going to get (and again ... look at the discretions of people like Magic, Kobe, Bird, etc ... far worse).

The NBA today is a goofball league full of idiots who think it's a good idea to bring guns to their lockers, or run into the crowd to punch a fun, or choke a coach, or make an ass out of yourself during All-Star weekend in Las Vegas, etc. etc.

The NBA was extremely fortunate to have landed Jordan. The general public never gave two craps about a few gambling debts. It was his money to blow to begin with.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 01-15-2010 at 03:05 PM.