Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Does LeBron really flop that much?

Or is it just haters being haters? I don't like Lebron, nor will I ever root for him, but I feel like people blow up his every little flaw to insane proportions.

He has the ball in his hands a lot and he gets to the rim and makes contact a lot, but I don't think he flops anymore than the average NBA player.

Sometimes you have to sell the foul, especially if you're as big/strong as Lebron or Blake Griffin because you aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt if you try and muscle through every bit of contact.

So answer me this, who takes more hard fouls than Lebron? Honest question. Dwight or BG come to mind but I can't think of many others
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 09-28-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Default Re: Does LeBron really flop that much?

In b4 gif of Lebron flopping in game 4 of 2011 Finals.
    To answer the question, no one takes more hard hits than Lebron. Last season Lebron got punched in the face by Ibaka while dunking and nothing was called! That is why I don't blame him for the few times he does flop.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I wonder how this thread will turn out.

Decent playground baller Lord Bean's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    In b4 gif of Lebron flopping in game 4 of 2011 Finals.
    To answer the question, no one takes more hard hits than Lebron. Last season Lebron got punched in the face by Ibaka while dunking and nothing was called! That is why I don't blame him for the few times he does flop.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I wonder how this thread will turn out.
    probably poorly. Although sometimes trolls will be confounded when you come out and ask them for their thought process.

NBA rookie of the year

No he doesn't. He's just under such a large microscope, that any time he appeared to do so, it be blown so far out of proportion. James gets hacked with no call far more times than he flops.

30-40 times per 3 years is incredibly large amount of flops for a superstar player

Not really. I mean he does flop way way more than Jordan or Kobe, but it's not really an every game thing.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Not really. I mean he does flop way way more than Jordan or Kobe, but it's not really an every game thing.
    I agree with the bolded, but I don't think either of those guys took as much contact as Bron does (just different styles of play). They have had less opportunity to flop, if that makes sense.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    I agree with the bolded, but I don't think either of those guys took as much contact as Bron does (just different styles of play). They have had less opportunity to flop, if that makes sense.
    He flops too much given how great a player he is. I think a lot of his exaggerations of the contact are beneath him as a player. But, whatever... it probably gets talked about too much, unless it is a really bad incident like the one against the Mavs in The Finals where he essentially just ran out of bounds and threw his head back while making a move. That was worthy of serious criticism, imo.

for a player as big and strong as he is, yeah he does

He practically invented the no-contact-at-all-flop. As for selling actual contact, he's not that bad.

I don't believe in flopping. Flopping or natural reaction? There is no proof.

He doesn't flop every game, but there's more than enough evidence of him doing so lol. He does sell contact quite often though.

Banned

He doesn't flop that often. He does sell contact a lot though but I'm not as bothered by that. To me selling contact is what most players do anyway, Jordan, Kobe, KD, Lebron any of those guys exaggerate contact when hit. It's players like Wade, Manu, CP3, Blake etc who act like they've been hit when there was ZERO contact that piss me off. Lebrons done this at times but he doesn't go crazy with it like some people do.