Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the best current rivalry in the NBA?

My money is on the Spurs and Thunder.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: What is the best current rivalry in the NBA?

Naw too much respect.

For me it's LAC and GSW. Actual dislike. Long memories. Any given game can swing either way. It's good stuff.

Not sure if there are any legit rivalries, but probably Clippers-Warriors right now.

Cavs-Bulls will probably/hopefully end up being a great rivalry. Chicago already hates lebron so it's inevitable
    Last edited by Warfan; 09-28-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Naw too much respect.

For me it's LAC and GSW. Actual dislike. Long memories. Any given game can swing either way. It's good stuff.
    Not a bad choice.

I picked Spurs and Thunder because the Thunder got the Spurs in 2012 in 6 games but the Spurs got them in 2014 in 6 games, and they both had the top 2 records last year. One had the MVP, the other had the Finals MVP.

It's pretty epic. Cleveland and Miami could be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    Not a bad choice.

I picked Spurs and Thunder because the Thunder got the Spurs in 2012 in 6 games but the Spurs got them in 2014 in 6 games, and they both had the top 2 records last year. One had the MVP, the other had the Finals MVP.

It's pretty epic. Cleveland and Miami could be good too.
    Oh no doubt the Spurs/Thunder rivalry is a good one because they are always the ones in the end battling it out. But that's a matter of circumstance. It wouldn't be a rivalry if either team fell off.

GSW/LAC would be a rivalry regardless because they flat out don't like each other. You get a little bit of regional stuff too (although in my experience the NorCal v. SoCal rivalry is still Kings/Lakers even though they both suck right now).

If Rose stays healthy, Chicago-Cleveland could be a truly great rivalry. Maybe not this year, but both squads are loaded with talent (albeit in different ways) and it's just a matter of time and health. Rose vs Irving...Lebron against arguably the best perimeter defender in the game...Love/Thompson/Varejeo vs a monster FC of Noah/Gasol/Gibson/Mirotic....elite offensive firepower vs the toughest defense in the game. Both teams are gonna have vastly different styles but could potentially be on the same level, makes for an awesome rivalry. Like the basketball version of Federer vs Nadal.

Rockets-Blazers would be another great rivalry if the Rockets roster wasn't tailor-made to get raped in the playoffs every year.

Very good NBA starter

Durant and Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    If Rose stays healthy, Chicago-Cleveland could be a truly great rivalry. Maybe not this year, but both squads are loaded with talent (albeit in different ways) and it's just a matter of time and health. Rose vs Irving...Lebron against arguably the best perimeter defender in the game...Love/Thompson/Varejeo vs a monster FC of Noah/Gasol/Gibson/Mirotic....elite offensive firepower vs the toughest defense in the game. Both teams are gonna have vastly different styles but could potentially be on the same level, makes for an awesome rivalry. Like the basketball version of Federer vs Nadal.

Rockets-Blazers would be another great rivalry if the Rockets roster wasn't tailor-made to get raped in the playoffs every year.
    It might just be:

But great rivalries are fun to watch. Are the Bulls going to be a fun team to watch?

It might just be:

But great rivalries are fun to watch. Are the Bulls going to be a fun team to watch?
    I honestly think so. Even in 2010-2012, as thoroughly boring as the rest of the team usually was, Rose single handedly made me want to watch them. People can clown him about whatever, but the dude's game is exciting as hell when he's 100%. I'd watch Derrick Rose have a great game over any player in the league, honestly.

And we've never seen him consistently play next to Butler since he started getting big minutes, that could be a sick transition duo. And now they also have shooters like McDermott, Mirotic, Dunleavy, Snell improving, Brooks who could have a bounce back season.. And Noah/Gasol could be the best passing big man duo in the game, new dynamic to the offense.

They're obviously not gonna be lob city with Blake/DJ/CP3 or Wade/Lebron...but there's so much versatility with that roster, don't see how they could be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I honestly think so. Even in 2010-2012, as thoroughly boring as the rest of the team usually was, Rose single handedly made me want to watch them. People can clown him about whatever, but the dude's game is exciting as hell when he's 100%. I'd watch Derrick Rose have a great game over any player in the league, honestly.

And we've never seen him consistently play next to Butler since he started getting big minutes, that could be a sick transition duo. And now they also have shooters like McDermott, Mirotic, Dunleavy, Snell improving, Brooks who could have a bounce back season.. And Noah/Gasol could be the best passing big man duo in the game, new dynamic to the offense.

They're obviously not gonna be lob city with Blake/DJ/CP3 or Wade/Lebron...but there's so much versatility with that roster, don't see how they could be boring.
    I agree that Rose alone makes that team really worth watching. And I have always liked Taj Gibson's game, and the energy he brings. I guess at this point I'm just bracing for the worst and imagining a Bulls team sans Rose. I hope against all hope that he stays healthy from now until forever.

I rule the local playground

Naw too much respect.

this + LAC/MEM

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Noah as well. Dude is spaz, hyper, and ugly as shit. Plus, I love watching bigs who can pass. Relative to other centers, I'd say he's pretty entertaining.

Maybe Washington and Cleveland can reignite something from when Lebron used to be a Cav. Tho Cleveland should outclass them.

Meh the East overall. For a really good rivalry, I want to see bonafide superstars clash and/or teams compete with something big on the line. The Cavs should have a roster set for them to compete. Probably Chicago if Rose can stay healthy. So that needs to develop, and I'm pretty sure the media will shove it down our throats like they did with Indiana and Miami, even though everyone knew Miami would win 10/10 times. The rest are battling for who can get to the second round. Big whoop.

Spurs and Dallas still have something going forever now. Not as intense as it used to be. I'm sure with their series going 7 last season and Dallas improving, there's another year or two for that one before both teams have to completely retool.

Memphis/LAC and GSW/LAC, they meet almost every year and both teams ****ing hate LA. Pacers/Heat was a good one before the season ended. Dallas and SA is also a good one.