Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone 25 and over actually think Kobe, LeBron, or Wade is better than MJ?

i watched the nba since 1947. and this past decade is the first time I saw pure talent.. which is in the Black Mamba

Banned

Default Re: Does anyone 25 and over actually think Kobe, LeBron, or Wade is better than MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24Clutch
    MJ in today's league = Poor mans Tony allen?
    damn right jive turkey

I also don't see why people take it personally or think it's some grievous insult to say someone isn't better than Michael Jordan. No one is saying Kobe and LeBron aren't incredible players, and some of the best of all time...but it's Michael Freaking Jordan.

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24Clutch
    Suck his d1ck already dam.
    I see the children have come out to play...

I'll take that as a no to my original question .
    Last edited by game385; 05-30-2011 at 11:08 PM.

I watched them all play, and Lebron has a chance to be better but isn't currently. He plays a different style but its just as effective at times.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    I MAYBE. I MAYBE WRONG (LOL)... but I typically assume that anyone who passionately believes and argues that Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, or anyone else is better than Michael Jordan is just some dumb ass kid who never saw MJ play.

How many grown ass men here (or women), who actually saw MJ play during the 80s and or 90s actually believe that one of these guys is better?.
    Is there anyone here over the age of 25 that still type/speak like this? LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I watched them all play, and Lebron has a chance to be better but isn't currently. He plays a different style but its just as effective at times.
    Yeah. LeBron is an athletic freak but he's not nearly accomplished enough to support a credible claim to being better than MJ. Personally, I think that's what Scottie Pippen was referring to in his statement. His athleticism and skill, but it takes more than that to be better than MJ.

The crazy thing is, he probably had the best shot at making a legitimate case for the throne but he'll never get the full credit of all the other intangibles that we use to define greatness b/c he chose to play w/ D-Wade. (Even if he wins...)

His athleticism at his size is actually > MJ but choosing to join Wade's team will always reflect negatively on him in this particular argument.
    Last edited by game385; 05-30-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artest 93
    Is there anyone here over the age of 25 that still type/speak like this? LOL!!!

fail...

Again, I'll take that as a no. LOL. U kids today...

College superstar

I am an 85 year old man who has seen Mikan, Cousy, Russell, Pettit, West, Wilt, Barry, Hondo, Oscar, Kareem, Walton, McAdoo, Bird, Magic and many other greats who were better than Jordan.

I can honestly say that Kobe, LeBron, Wade are better than Jordan. Also Kevin Durant, prime Tracy McGrady and prime Vince Carter are on Jordan's level.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by 24r2
    i watched the nba since 1947. and this past decade is the first time I saw pure talent.. which is in the Black Mamba
    chucking isn't talent....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    I am an 85 year old man who has seen Mikan, Cousy, Russell, Pettit, West, Wilt, Barry, Hondo, Oscar, Kareem, Walton, McAdoo, Bird, Magic and many other greats who were better than Jordan.

I can honestly say that Kobe, LeBron, Wade are better than Jordan. Also Kevin Durant, prime Tracy McGrady and prime Vince Carter are on Jordan's level.

Very good NBA starter

Prime Kobe was certainly a more skilled player than Jordan. Unfortunately, he wasn't lucky enough to blessed with the G.O.A.T like athleticism Jordan possessed. If he had he would have been a superior player. LeBron? His peak play (08-09) has already surpassed anything Jordan ever did as a player. Now he just needs the longevity to surpass him overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1

good job

I probably don't count as I'm 24 but I'll give my 2 cents anyway. Started watching ball in '92 and saw my fair share of Jordan from then along with his earlier years. Kobe is the closest to being "MJ". Wade reminds me of a younger MJ. Because of his size/versatile skillset/athleticism/etc, LeBron is in a class of his own. I suppose all 3 have the potential to be the best player of all time. Neither are better than MJ and I agree that if you think they are, you probably never really watched Jordan anyway. Either that or you don't care to analyze him the right way(watching games and not ESPN) but prefer stats over everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Prime Kobe was certainly a more skilled player than Jordan. Unfortunately, he wasn't lucky enough to blessed with the G.O.A.T like athleticism Jordan possessed. If he had he would have been a superior player. LeBron? His peak play (08-09) has already surpassed anything Jordan ever did as a player. Now he just needs the longevity to surpass him overall.
    How do you define being more skilled than Jordan? His shooting? Passing ability? Ball handles?