Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What Do Charles Barkley Fans Miss Most About Chuck?

I'm glad you posers are off the Duncan is GOAT PF bandwagon. A few weeks ago most of you idiots were claiming that Duncan was GOAT and Malone was 2nd, with Barkley being in 3rd...now you decide to change your minds? F*CKING ASS WIPES.

This thread only proves that 90% of ISH members are on bandwagons.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I love CB...

love the way he gets after the boards...

love his rebounding tips - "just go get the ball!"

He is my all time favourite player..!!

To top it off, he is such an open personality who isn't afraid to give his real opinion on things....

Unlike Bron, who is so boring.....

I've tried to model my game like CB, but I've come to realise i am more of a shooter then anything else...the only thing I've gained is offensive boards, I can get after that big time, but not a good defensive rebounder...

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Yes Barkley was a beast. At 6'6" and 252-284 pounds he dominated players 4 inches taller and is among the greatest rebounders ever. Bill Walton said it best when he said Charles was one of those players like Bird and Magic that didn't really play a position because he did it all on the court.
    Barkley is 6`4 ft + 5/8 of an inch. According to the 1992 Olympic Measurments he just peeks the 1.95 mt mark.

That is below 6`5 ft which = 1.9558

But yes his muscule tone and body frame was Shaq like, even stronger by inch and was oveweight for his first 2 seasons and last 4. And lets not forget that Charles in his Prime could leap 39 inches of the ground and was a fast as a train.
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 07-12-2008 at 04:56 AM.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    I love CB...

love the way he gets after the boards...

love his rebounding tips - "just go get the ball!"

He is my all time favourite player..!!

To top it off, he is such an open personality who isn't afraid to give his real opinion on things....

Unlike Bron, who is so boring.....

I've tried to model my game like CB, but I've come to realise i am more of a shooter then anything else...the only thing I've gained is offensive boards, I can get after that big time, but not a good defensive rebounder...
    bron isnt that boring, but his outside game is, and yea he pass tha ball too DAMN much when tha game is on tha line

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    [B]Barkley is 6`4 ft + 5/8 of an inch. According to the 1992 Olympic Measurments he just peeks the 1.95 mt mark.

That is below 6`5 ft which = 1.9558
    Barkley is over 6'5" and possibly 6'6". Here is some proof.

Chuck and 6'3 3/4" Dwyane Wade

Looks atleast 2 inches taller than Wade

Charles barefoot next to 6'3" listed Kenny Smith(probably 6'1"-6'2")

4-5 inches taller than Kenny Smith

Charles and 7'1" Shaq

Only 7 or maybe 8 inches shorter than Shaq.

Charles and 6'7" Magic Johnson

Chuck looks only half an inch shorter.

Charles and 6'7" Dominique Wilkins

Looks only an inch shorter

Barkley and 6'5 1/2" Julius Erving

Looks the same height

If you want to talk exact heights then Chuck is 6'5 1/4" or 6'5 3/4" barefoot(he's claimed those heights at times) and about 6'7" in shoes. Not trying to diminish what he's done. 6'5"-6'6" is very short for a PF regardless.

Here is an aging Barkley`s stats facing Tim Duncan.
    Immaterial. Charles Barkley did not guard Tim Duncan in their games, which I should point out that in their 8 games, Duncan won 6 of them.

Decent playground baller

The thing i miss most about barkley was his demeanor on the court. He was always so serious and took winning to heart. He would do whatever it took to win on the court and part of that was intimidating his opponent. Imagine a 6'4'' pf to be the most intimidating player in today's nba. It's almost laughable, yet during barkely's career he was the most intimidating player....sans shaq for a few years. That guy was just so unique. What athleticism, what ball handing and passing skills. It made him so dominant. He literally dominated his opponents physically and skill wise to the point where they didn't deserve to be on the court. No one goes coast to coast like he use to, its just unfathomable to think that one could be that much better than their peers but he was exactly that.

[QUOTE=Gotterdammerung]Immaterial. Charles Barkley did not guard Tim Duncan in their games, which I should point out that in their 8 games, Duncan won 6 of them.QUOTE]

I should point to you that Duncan did Not Win , His "TEAM WON", "THE SPURS WON" and actually Barkley guarded Duncan all those Games because Hakeem missed like 3-4 of those 7 games. You can go look it up Game for Game on basketball-reference.com and on youtube there is a block by Hakeem on Duncan of the Ball and Barkley was guarding Duncan. Duncan obviousely could not stop a Barkley whom was over 34, with inmense knee injuries and back aches and not even close to his playing weight which was 255-60 lbs. By then he was bordering the 280 lbs mark again and could not even move or leap as he used to

Still these are the results:

url]http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=barklch01&p2=duncati01[/url]

Barkley vs Duncan

[COLOR="Blue"]Barkley:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]MPG: 34.5 (Playing Lesser)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]PPG: 19.43 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]FG%: 47.2%[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]RPG 13.43 [/COLOR]
    ASPG: 2.71
    [COLOR="Blue"]SPG: 2.1 [/COLOR]
    BPG: 0.57 [COLOR="Blue"]
    3-Point FG%: 25%[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Duncan:[/COLOR]

MPG: 38.5 (Playing Longer)

PPG: 16.0
    RPG: 10.0
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ASPG: 4.0[/COLOR]
    SPG: 0.29
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]BPG: 1.86 [/COLOR]
    3-Point FG%: 0%

Charles was not Guardable in his Prime. He was TOO QUICK, TO GOOD OF A BALL HANDLER AND 1 ON 1 DRIVER, TO STRONG AND COULD LEAP 39 INCHES OF THE GROUND AT OVER 260 LBS. Ask anyone who saw him play from 1985 to 1995. Karl Malone only guarded him in the All Star Matches for Fun in Real Games all the teams had to put in a faster Small Forward that could tire him and was stocky enough to Guard a PF for half of the time and then the other half, put some 6`10, 6`11 Forward-Center type "ala" Ortis Thorpe, Chris Gatling etc to stop him from getting in the paint which he eventually he would do, do to his inmense Speed, Strength, Will or Talent. Add to the fact he could Start Fast Freaks, Fill in Lanes and be A Great Assiter

Charles is 6`4 ft and 3/4 at most. The Olimpic Measurments indicate 1.95 mt. That is below 6`5 ft which is 1.9558 mt. I actually went to Kenny Smiths Camp in 1996 and this dude was not even close to 1.88 mt , Kenny is around 1.85 mt with shoes on. He is around 6`0 ft

Take a look at this pick. Check out Stockton he is barely 6`0 ft and then Check out Penny Hardaway who is 6`7 (same height as Clyde) which is 2.01 mt. As you see the idiot that compared Penny to Charles made a straight line from Penny`s forhead and spread it to Chucks Pointy Bump which is what the camera shows "Looking Down" on Charles because he is got "No Hair".

Make a Straight Line from Penny`s Forhead and then spread it to Chucks and you will see that Barkley is atleast 3 inches shorter Penny:

John Stockton is = 6`0 (1.83 mt)
    Penny Hardaway is = 6`7 ( 2.01 mt)
    Karl Malone is = 6`9 (2.06 mt)

[COLOR="Blue"]Charles Barkley is = 6`4 and 5/8 (around 1.94/95 mt) [/COLOR]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the tip of the Screen of both Pictures

Michael Jordan is 1 cm or so from 6`6 (198.12). He is = 6`5 and 7/8 ft (1.97 mt)
    [COLOR="Blue"]Charles Barkley is = 6`4 and 5/8 (around 1.94/95 mt) [/COLOR]

Charles Barkley at 1.94/95 mt is clearly below 6`5 ft which = 195.58 mt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[B]Tall Women (in the range close to 6`0 ft) standing next to Charles.
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 07-12-2008 at 07:47 AM.

I'm so sick of all Barkely lovers and their "he's 6'4"...

NBA rookie of the year

The pictures I posted are better. They show Barkley barefoot as well as an excellent picture next to Dominique where they both have very good posture. You look for horrible angle pictures which show Chuck shorter than he really is.

You also got a lot of heights wrong.

Penny measured 6'6" at the 1993 pre-draft camp
    Danny Manning measured 6'9" at the 1988 Olympics
    I've heard is really Karl Malone is 6'8"
    I heard Jordan was measured 6'4 7/8" at the rookie camp not 6'5 7/8"

If you want to go with 6'4 3/4", 6'4 5.8" or whatever for Barkley then fine but don't refer to everyone else by their listed height then just to make Barkley's accomplishments seem more impressive. Atleast be consistent.

And you also said Arnold was measured recently at 6'1" yet you say he's 6'0"? Man you'll do anything to downgrade Barkley's height.

Not to mention the fact that if you go by Chuck's real height he still probably is about 6'6" or 6'5" and change but even if he isn't a full 6'6" remember Chuck isn't the only NBA player listed above their actual height.
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 07-12-2008 at 07:58 AM.

The pictures I posted are better. They show Barkley barefoot as well as an excellent picture next to Dominique where they both have very good posture. You look for horrible angle pictures which show Chuck shorter than he really is.

You also got a lot of heights wrong.

Penny measured 6'6" at the 1993 pre-draft camp
    Danny Manning measured 6'9" at the 1988 Olympics
    I've heard is really Karl Malone is 6'8"
    I heard Jordan was measured 6'4 7/8" at the rookie camp not 6'5 7/8"

If you want to go with 6'4 3/4", 6'4 5.8" or whatever for Barkley then fine but don't refer to everyone else by their listed height then just to make Barkley's accomplishments seem more impressive. Atleast be consistent.

And you also said Arnold was measured recently at 6'1" yet you say he's 6'0"? Man you'll do anything to downgrade Barkley's height.

Not to mention the fact that if you go by Chuck's real height he still probably is about 6'6" or 6'5" and change but even if he isn't a full 6'6" remember Chuck isn't the only NBA player listed above their actual height.
    Look all I can say is that I Saw Charles play from 1991 on and every single game all powerforwards that played against him where atleast 5 inches taller if not 6 or 7. Charles when put next to SG was also smaller. Just look at the pick of Danny Maning and he is at least 6 inches taller if not 7.

Check Out Birds 6`9 ft frame from Foot to Head and Compare Chucks:

Only 3 inches taller? Yea Right!:)

NBA rookie of the year

How the hell would his stocky frame make him look taller?!!!!

That's the opposite of reality. Stocky people look shorter than they are and thin people look taller than they are.

Did you seriously just try to use a picture of Charles jumping in the air to try to judge his height????

You also didn't answer my question about Arnold either. If he was measured 6'1" recently then why do you assume that he's 6'0" now. Is it because that makes Charles look about 6'4.5"-6'5" instead of looking his actual height which is around 6'5.5"-6'6"?

How the hell would his stocky frame make him look taller?!!!!

That's the opposite of reality. Stocky people look shorter than they are and thin people look taller than they are.

Did you seriously just try to use a picture of Charles jumping in the air to try to judge his height????

You also didn't answer my question about Arnold either. If he was measured 6'1" recently then why do you assume that he's 6'0" now. Is it because that makes Charles look about 6'4.5"-6'5" instead of looking his actual height which is around 6'5.5"-6'6"?
    Stockier people look Biger and Taller hance Camera also expands both size and weight. Arnold used to be 1.87 but his daughter measured him and he is now 1.83 mts

He is yo know? 61 years old!
    Same Goes for DJ who is probaly around 70 years old
    You Know? People Shrink by their 50s?

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Arnold...egger-177.html

Arnold Schwarzenegger's height is 6 ft 0 in (183 cm)
    Peak height was 6 ft 1.5 in (187 cm)

Many people have met him and in his early career a lot of the estimates are 6ft 1-2. Jon Meade said Arnie told him in a 1980 interview he was "6ft 1.5", Vince Basille has said he measured Arnie in 1969 at 6ft 1.5. His email to me. Arnold has also recently said that he was "6ft 1 and 3/4" but now has shrunk to 6ft 1, as measured by his daughter.

And lets not forget Chucks ocational Shoe Wear = Usually Sneakers! under those Suits!
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 07-12-2008 at 08:14 AM.

Stockier people look Biger and Taller hance Camera also expands both size and weight. Arnold used to be 1.87 but his daughter measured him and he is now 1.83 mts

He is yo know? 61 years old!
    Same Goes for DJ who is probaly around 70 years old
    You Know? People Shrink by their 50s?

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Arnold...egger-177.html

Arnold Schwarzenegger's height is 6 ft 0 in (183 cm)
    Peak height was 6 ft 1.5 in (187 cm)

Many people have met him and in his early career a lot of the estimates are 6ft 1-2. Jon Meade said Arnie told him in a 1980 interview he was "6ft 1.5", Vince Basille has said he measured Arnie in 1969 at 6ft 1.5. His email to me. Arnold has also recently said that he was "6ft 1 and 3/4" but now has shrunk to 6ft 1, as measured by his daughter.

And lets not forget Chucks ocation Shoe Wear. Usually Sneakers! under those Suits!

I also think that Charles Barkley is 6'4 5/8", and Arnie is now 6'0" at the age of 62.