Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Cavs will take McLemore at #1

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I heard literally the same arguments about Kyrie Irving.

Maybe I should start bumping all the "bust" threads and all the threads about why Derrick Williams should have been taken over him?

There were issues with his feet. There was the tiny sample size. There was all the concerns about his size. The phrase, "he has bust written all over him," was certainly used more than once.
    I don't remember hearing much about Irving. In fact the only problem he had back then was his obsessive masterb4tion of miss fat hawaii that went viral on youtube. Hardly an issue.

I'm saying injuries to big men shouldn't be ignored, particularly when it involves anything serious like the knee or back. Think about guys like Sullinger, Thabeet, Oden, Bogut, Bynum, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Pau for #1 + filler.

Irving
    Waiters
    Thompson
    Gasol
    Varajao

Get it done, midget...
    Lol, yeah right.

The Cavs aren't trading away a #1 pick to get Pau for one year.

Banned

i think the cavs should draft noel but i feel like mclemore may be a star. mclemore has all the talent plus the skill, but i dont know if he has the heart/killer instinct.

They already skipped on two big men with huge potential (Valanciunas and Drummond). I don't think they'd be dumb enough to do it three times.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    This may be true but I think that setting aside the risks, Irving was seen by most as having a higher basketball ceiling than Noel.

I don't watch much college ball so I don't know if it's actually true, Im just basing it on what I remember hearing about Irving, and what I've heard about Noel.

From what I have seen of him, I just don't see how you justify using the number one pick on him. There are safer players in college and players who are flat out better and probably always will be over in Europe waiting to be drafted. I just think drafting a guy as raw as Noel is like buying a lottery ticket and expecting to win. Fantasizing about the "best case scenario" tends to cloud your perspective on what the odds of that really are.

Why not get a guy who you know will contribute consistently on whatever level? Every pick doesn't have to be a swing for the fences, even if you have the number one pick. When the bases are loaded, just hitting a single is still useful. Striking out is not.

people said that kyries ceiling was a borderline allstar player and that he could be good but not very good. people also said that the 2011 draft could be the worst in years and that it wasnt deep. people said the cavs would have been better off getting the 1st pick next year. i say take noel he has the most upside.
    Last edited by returnofthemack; 05-22-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123
    i think the cavs should draft noel but i feel like mclemore may be a star. mclemore has all the talent plus the skill, but i dont know if he has the heart/killer instinct.
    for all we know waiters could end up better than mclemore.

noel is the choice.

now all we need is to figure out how to get an a consistent sf.

No doubt in my mind that Grant drafts Noel at #1 and will probably try to do Tyler Zeller all over again and package the other 3 picks for another top 15 first rounder. I would really like to have a solid 3 tbh and have Andy and Gee as the first two off the bench.

Dunking on everybody in the park chosen_wun's Avatar

Take Noel at #1 and start him beside Tristan, move Andy for a solid starting 3. Playoff bound.

NBA Superstar

noel ez. they'd have really nice mobile size if they got him, and he's too mobile and big to bust IMO other than from injury issues.

Good High School Starter

Hey guys, remember when Al Horford and Kevin Durant had bust written all over them?

Good Times

I love how ISH posters always think their some sort of draft scouts or something. Also funny how the best players are always considered "busts" before they play.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_wun
    Take Noel at #1 and start him beside Tristan, move Andy for a solid starting 3. Playoff bound.
    no keep Thompson on the bench, he's an energy guy that does best off the bench, having an undersized front-court would not help.

what they should do is flip Andy for a 3pt shooting wing maybe like a Novak or Korver and then roll the year with Zeller at the 5 and Noel/Thompson at the 4.

Then when they get another top 5 pick go with Isaiah Austin and stick him at the 5 and sign Lebron

Irving
    Waiters
    Lebron
    Nerlens Noel
    Isaiah Austin

can you say three-peat?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Noel's ultimate ceiling is probably DPOY or a consistent top defensive player. He's not a franchise changing #1 pick, nobody is really expecting that. Cavs already have their scorers in waiters and irving, i'd be happy if they take Noel or Porter.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Big men win games and titles. Non bigs are so damn overrated. You don't turn down Noel, who is an elite shot blocker, elite stealer, good rebounder, has elite athleticism, and has elite defender potential over some outside "sexy" player who won't win jack sh*t.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

i think waiters is better now, and has a higher ceiling than McLemore.