Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Default Spanoulis - it was a mistake to leave the NBA after one year

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...ou/#25592101=0

[QUOTE]Spanoulis, however, also offered advice that makes a good epilogue to his brief NBA career.

It is worth noting that Spanoulis has done just fine for himself since leaving the NBA. He was frustrated with his lack of playing time with the Rockets, vowed never to return and was unmoved by the overtures from the Spurs when the Rockets traded him to San Antonio for the rights to Scola. He has excelled in Europe and in FIBA play, is wildly popular and would have made it had he stuck it out in the NBA.

He has also been characterized as bitter at the Rockets and former Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy for his one failed season. But when Papanikoloau mentioned the counsel he received from his former Olympiakos teammate, noting the surprise it inspired, he shared Spanoulis

Default Re: Spanoulis - it was a mistake to leave the NBA after one year

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...ou/#25592101=0

surprising he has this perspective. too bad he didn't see the error in his ways back then, he could have had a goran dragic-like impact
    I hope you mean Dragic the poster. Dragic put up 20/6 and lead the Suns to 48 wins

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    I hope you mean Dragic the poster. Dragic put up 20/6 and lead the Suns to 48 wins
    i don't think he'd score that much but i've watched him frequently in the past few years and he's quite good. most times he's played against nba players, he's had no problem performing...he lit up spain with rubio defending him last year

people were singing teodosic's praises during the world cup but spanoulis is a better scorer

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    i don't think he'd score that much but i've watched him frequently in the past few years and he's quite good. most times he's played against nba players, he's had no problem performing...he lit up spain with rubio defending him last year

people were singing teodosic's praises during the world cup but spanoulis is a better scorer
    But he could lead a team to 48 wins in the West as the best player? With another start missing half the season

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    But he could lead a team to 48 wins in the West as the best player? With another start missing half the season
    Lol, Dragic is great but come on, you can't attribute the 48 wins to him. Jeff Hornacek deserves most of the credit.