Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: No one in the East is beating the Bulls this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    that's one of the most defenisvely flawed frontcourts too
    Why do you say that ?

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

that's one of the most defenisvely flawed frontcourts too
    What? Please explain how these 2 cannot play defense. Sure, they are undersized, but they put extreme effort into the defensive end.

Charlotte is a team that I can see with the best defense in the league next year. They'll be Pacers - lite from what the Pacers were the last 2 seasons. I think their underrated but it depends on Al Jefferson 's health.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    What? Please explain how these 2 cannot play defense. Sure, they are undersized, but they put extreme effort into the defensive end.
    they're undersized and in no way are they intimidators by any stretch of the imagination. usually a front court consists of a "scoring" big and a defensive/rebounding one, or two defensive bigs that can play the pick n roll well.

offensively you're gonna see milsap on the perimeter to stretch the floor but defensively you cannot tell me that anyone is going to be afraid of driving to the hoop because big scary milsap and horford are there

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Charlotte is a team that I can see with the best defense in the league next year. They'll be Pacers - lite from what the Pacers were the last 2 seasons. I think their underrated but it depends on Al Jefferson 's health.
    They'll be not quite as good defensively but they'll have better offense. Kemba is better then Hill and Jefferson is definitely better then Hibbert at scoring the rock.

Charlotte is my sleeper team of next season. There in a tough division (Heat, Wizards, Hawks as other teams that should make the playoffs) but I just like what Charlotte has done (I thinking losing McBob will hurt, if they could have kept McBob I would be even more confident that theyre legit contenders)

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Only way that happens is if the team is slaughtered by injuries, mainly Rose but everyone else included. And the only way Miami takes out a healthy Bulls team is if Flash and Toronto Bosh show up. Not the guys from last year.

I understand the hesitation..but some confidence is good. The Bulls have a ton of talent. All healthy, it's them and Cleveland. No one else is quite on their level in that conference.
    They've been that way during coach T 's tenure.

Besides, with the way people have proclaimed Washington, I don't see why they wouldn't challenge them either.

they're undersized and in no way are they intimidators by any stretch of the imagination. usually a front court consists of a "scoring" big and a defensive/rebounding one, or two defensive bigs that can play the pick n roll well.

offensively you're gonna see milsap on the perimeter to stretch the floor but defensively you cannot tell me that anyone is going to be afraid of driving to the hoop because big scary milsap and horford are there
    There not bad at hedging the p&r and stop drives before they stop. THey have some perimeter D abilities.

I still agree with your general point tho. Not a great defensive front court.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Cleveland, and even Miami have a chance to curb stomp us.

Without a true quality player, we got smashed by a young Washington Bullet team just a few months ago, bro.

Don't be such a raging homer, you make us look bad. Objectively we still have flaws. Still no multiple playmakers. Gasol is old. Who knows how rusty, or healthy Rose will be.

Meanwhile Cleveland has the best player in the league in LeBron, top 3 prime PF, and what looks to be the best PG in the confernece, with the improving Kyrie Irving. Their SG is better than ours as well.
    Are you even a real Bulls fan?

Miami has a chance against the Bulls?

Bulls don't have a true quality player? Who are Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol?

Cleveland has LeBron, Irving and overrated Love who plays no defense.

Bulls > Cleveland and Miami.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Upgrayyed

Cavs, Miami, Toronto, Charlotte, wizards, Atlanta can all beat us.

This isn't the first time you've jumped the gun, how about we actually prove something before making guarantees?

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    the only true "contenders" in the east are possibly cleveland and the wizards. the rest have too many "if this player was good" or " if this guy was healthy" or "if this guy steps up then--" and etc. cleveland will be too talented to lose to the depleted east, and the wizards reloaded with paul pierce are now even better than ever.

the only true "contenders" in the east are possibly cleveland and the wizards. the rest have too many "if this player was good" or " if this guy was healthy" or "if this guy steps up then--" and etc. cleveland will be too talented to lose to the depleted east, and the wizards reloaded with paul pierce are now even better than ever.
    If Washington is a true contender, so is Miami, Chicago, Toronto, Charlotte, and Atlanta.

Paul Pierce at 37 doesn't put them better than ever. If they are better, it will be because of their big man depth, but their still not a contender.

Very good NBA starter

If Washington is a true contender, so is Miami, Chicago, Toronto, Charlotte, and Atlanta.

Paul Pierce at 37 doesn't put them better than ever. If they are better, it will be because of their big man depth, but their still not a contender.
    I think hes banking on Wall and Beal improving

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Dont worry he's just trying to damage control by making excuses

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    I think hes banking on Wall and Beal improving
    As they should, but I don't see them improving that much.

Basketball Genius

i dont have to remind you how versatile gortat and nene are. that's possibly the best frontcourt in the east hands down. then you have wall and beal and pierce will always get his because he has an "old man's" game.

miami is terribly reliant on deng, mcdoubtless roberts, danny granging the bench, and wade actually being healthy enough or ready enough to last 82 games (not even counting the playoffs)

toronto is a big if considering they caught a lot of teams off-guard and they have awfully young players that have to have developed leaps and bounds in order to compete with the now stronger east teams

charlotte is completely dependent on if "born ready" is really "born ready"

and atlanta needs to greatly improve their defense. their coach learned a lot by implementing the offensive philosophies of popovich but he hasnt seem to grasp pop's defensive philosophies either. it's not just about the personnel it's about the "know-how".