Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: The basketball term "EuroStep" is inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Looking for further clarity and answers should always be welcomed. Refusing to do so really means you're all about thought control. That's troll-ish behavior.
    I've proven that the euro-step was a common move literally decades before the euros started doing it.

No need to waste anymore time arguing with nascent fans whose mind is addicted notions about the game that have proven to be misguided and erroneous...

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

3ball you have yet to post a SINGLE eurostep in this thread
    the eurostep is a pre-determined move, the offensive player in a very deliberate manner FAKES one direction with a hard step SELLING to the defender that he is going in that direction.

Nothing you have posted fits that description

THIS is a Eurostep

Notice Wade's first step is out very WIDE, to the point where he literally turns KG inside out because he was convinced he was going right.

again

Note the hard very elongated first step, he was selling hard that he was going right. Its such a deliberate and common move especially for Wade that the defender while respecting the sell never completely bites.

those gifs you posted are NOT eurosteps, your argument is rejected

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten

those gifs you posted are NOT eurosteps
    You are right - the moves I posted are "Elgin-Steps", just like all the moves you posted are ALSO Elgin-Steps...

There is no such thing as a Euro-Step.. but keep calling it that if you want... :

Enlightenment itt..

#realtalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    You are right - the moves I posted are "Elgin-Steps", just like all the moves you posted are ALSO Elgin-Steps...

There is no such thing as a Euro-Step.. but keep calling it that if you want... :

Enlightenment itt..

#realtalk
    Some dudes seriously arguing that those weren't "eurosteps"?
    Talking about he has to have his foot like this and so on Those are clearly "eurosteps"... can't all look exactly the same, next thing you know Dirk's fadeaway is not a fadeaway because it's different and whatnot, a crossover is only a crossover if it's done like AI (who carried many times)
    Not even discussing how it should be called but the move has been used since way, way back... some people need to stop hating

BTW, here's the man in my avatar doing it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN0ruk2SJ2Q&t=5m45s
    Also, Darryl Dawkins before and Jordan after, but not as "pronnounced" as Sid's.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    You are right - the moves I posted are "Elgin-Steps"

i'm fine with that, you are acknowledging that it is clearly a different move from what guys like Wade, Ginobli and Harden are famous for.

I can live with that.

i'm fine with that, so you are not acknowledging that it is clearly the same move that guys like Wade, Ginobli and Harden are famous for.. it's the same move

I can live with that.
    Yes, I said that they are ALL Elgin-Steps... Everything you posted and everything I posted are all the same move - they are all Elgin-Steps because the term euro-step is a misstatement of history and therefore dumb and nonsensical.

Your attempts to twist my words only reveal how unsettling the new facts you've learned itt must be for you.

That is all.

Local High School Star

Eurostep still sounds better than Americastep or USAstep

i'm fine with that, you are acknowledging that it is clearly a different move from what guys like Wade, Ginobli and Harden are famous for.

I can live with that.
    No, he's saying the GIFs you posted aree "Elgin-Steps" as opposed to eurosteps, and that it is the same move than Wade/Gino/harden