Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Good news for the Perkins haters..

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Rookie could end up starting for the Thunder

Adams has been really impressive in the preseason and he has been finishing off passes from Durant and playing some solid defense.

Here's a good read;

http://tvnz.co.nz/basketball-news/st...durant-5650268

yeah, perkins will still start, he's like the perfect guy it seems outside the court having good relations with teammates, coaches execs etc.

unless adams start playing like hakeem porkins is still starting

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    He's been getting handed silver platter opportunities by Westbrook and Durant the last couple of years, yet he's still not sniffing 10 PPG on 50% shooting. The absurd number of easy, wide-open shots he gets because of Russ and KD, and proceeds to blow, is hands down the most frustrating part of being an OKC fan.
    can't say for sure why he is doing much worse converting, but here some thoughts:
    Perk regressed somehow. Not sure how though considering that in Boston, he took 3 seconds to wind up for a simple lay up. Perk blew quite a bit of freebies because the defense recovered. He looks much lighter in OKC.
    The Celtics had a better suited offense for Perk. Celtics had a very pass oriented offense along with 4 great passers in the Big 4. To couple with that, they had great spacing considering Rondo and Pierce were the other two who entered the paint the most and Rondo didn't even score as frequently.

NBA Superstar

He's been getting handed silver platter opportunities by Westbrook and Durant the last couple of years, yet he's still not sniffing 10 PPG on 50% shooting. The absurd number of easy, wide-open shots he gets because of Russ and KD, and proceeds to blow, is hands down the most frustrating part of being an OKC fan.
    Wow. It's like you are in my brain thinking the same shit I am.

KD should of had 6 assists a game last year if Perkins didn't blow so much.

Scott Brooks is holding this team back way too much. This is becoming less the fault of Porkins and more the fault of Brooks trotting this garbage out on the floor every game. This shit has gone on for 2 years now and he's still starting when we have a young, talented rookie playing much better.

Just retarded. You don't start a guy only good at low post defense and shit at everything else. There are only like 4-5 true post players in the NBA today regardless. Just retarded

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

And there was I, thinking that OKC blew it by not picking Olynyk. If Adams really becomes all that he could be, Presti will go down in legend for his picking skills.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I didn't like the Adams pick much either. Then you look at Durant, Ibaka, Westbrook, Harden, and Reggie Jackson... Literally every player they have taken for THEIR team other than PJ3 has contributed in a big way to since the Durant class. Unless basketball reference is off, since I'm using that as my guide. Either way that's impressive scouting.

Of course, maybe Jones doesn't pan out and that's the start of a new pattern of bust picks. All things come to an end.

6 points, 10 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks in the 3rd quarter...

Is there anymore doubt, that this guy should be starting? last game he had 15 rebounds as well...

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    6 points, 10 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks in the 3rd quarter...

Is there anymore doubt, that this guy should be starting? last game he had 15 rebounds as well...
    If he had played the 4th he probably flirts with another double-double. Don't know if he would've gotten 10 points but he might've ended up with 12+ rebounds.

Budadiiii is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Still can't believe Perkins once averaged 10 pts on 60%. Damn.
    That's before he tore his MCL and PCL ligaments in his right knee. He was never the same guy after that injury.

If he had played the 4th he probably flirts with another double-double. Don't know if he would've gotten 10 points but he might've ended up with 12+ rebounds.
    Didn't OKC trade up to a higher draft pick to get Adams? Some smart talent scouts in the OKC organisation...

Who knows, but his game does translate to double/doubles with starter minutes.

He can do everything Perkins can pretty much and more...Good hands for a big guy and very mobile...

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Budadiiii is banned.

Long time coming.

He was crazy that dude. Bit like the old Lakersreign

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

I don't know where this "low post defender" rep is still coming from. He used to be decent on guys like Howard and Bynum just bodying them up and giving the help D the extra second to get there, but ever since he's dropped weight he can't even do that anymore. And he didn't even get any more mobile

perkins makes dwight howard look like a decent offensive option