Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Lebron Physique and changes over the year

When Lebron played in Cleveland he was quite perimeter orientated and demonstrated a leaner and quicker physique as you can see from his upper body strength and weight.

Last few years (4-5yrs) Lebron has developed a stronger upper body but an even stronger lower body to help him back down opponents while maintaining incredible athleticism (lower body). Goal was to become a better point forward operating from the paint more

In 3-4years time I forsee Lebron to develop a very strong and bulky upper body e.g. Karl Malone so that he can utilise his strengths more inside the post when his athleticism e.g. transition dunks, layups start decreasing and require more upperbody strength to bully his way around weaker SFs and most PFs.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by retaxis; 04-27-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron Physique and changes over the year

As he gets older I see him shedding some of the excess upper body weight to maintain his speed. I don't think he's going to make that type of radical adjustment. You're talking about him playing off the ball - something he has never done.

Include some pics so we know what you're talking about. I think as LeBron ages he'll try to lose weight so he can stay out on the perimeter. He doesn't really play physical in the post like others his size (Dwight, Blake, Millsap etc.) though he's too strong for any other SF not named MWP to keep him out of the paint.

Local High School Star

Lebron would benefit greatly from a stronger upper body in years time so that he can still play point forward and utilize his speed and strength to take advantage over SF (strength) and PF (strength and speed) while passing it to cutters and 3 point campers.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Include some pics so we know what you're talking about. I think as LeBron ages he'll try to lose weight so he can stay out on the perimeter. He doesn't really play physical in the post like others his size (Dwight, Blake, Millsap etc.) though he's too strong for any other SF not named MWP to keep him out of the paint.
    Lebron also bullies MWP

Learning to shoot layups

LeBron is perfect as is. When he was in HS, they were saying he was a teenager with a man's body. He definitely was bigger than the other kids back then but he wasn't ripped. Big but soft from being a teenager. Now that he's NBA conditioned, he's ripped. Malone's bulk would be too much for him.

He looks the exact same size to me. maybe gained 10 lbs, but that is nothing on a 6'8 dude.

Local High School Star

Lebron is around 265-270 now maybe in say 5 years Lebron will be 280 with a lot more upper body muscle to help him muscle and draw fouls (with his speed) against just about anyone. Running around picks and stuff isn't his thing, leave that to the younger guards

Quote Originally Posted by PotOdds
    LeBron is perfect as is. When he was in HS, they were saying he was a teenager with a man's body. He definitely was bigger than the other kids back then but he wasn't ripped. Big but soft from being a teenager. Now that he's NBA conditioned, he's ripped. Malone's bulk would be too much for him.
    I wouldn't say he had a man's body in high school...

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    He looks the exact same size to me. maybe gained 10 lbs, but that is nothing on a 6'8 dude.
    You wouldn't even notice 10 pounds on a guy who is 6'8". I'm 6'3", and when I gained 10 pounds it wasn't really noticeable.

LeBron has added much more than 10 pounds.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Look at his calves, thighs, shoulders, arms. Quite obviously bigger especially lower body.

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Lebron is around 265-270 now maybe in say 5 years Lebron will be 280 with a lot more upper body muscle to help him muscle and draw fouls (with his speed) against just about anyone. Running around picks and stuff isn't his thing, leave that to the younger guards
    LeBron is not 265-270. That is like Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski weight. No way LeBron is thicker than they are. LeBron is in the 250's somewhere.

I usually hit open layups

Looking at that first picture, Kobe hasn't aged a day.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

It depends on what LeBrons goal is. If he wants to be more of a brute type player then yes he will continue to add muscle mass and weight. If he wants to stay speedy and strong then he'll just maintain his current workout routine to stay in shape and not gain or lose anything.

And size doesn't necessarily reflect your weight, I've known toothpick guys that look like they're 130 to weigh like they are 160, so LeBron could very well weigh as much as those football players bmd named. We don't know, we can only guess which is a waste of time to me.

In highschool LeBron also did have the body of CERTAIN grown men. It depends on how you define a grown mans body because there are a lot of grown short small people. I'm sure he was at least 6 ft 180, so yes that could be a kid in a grown mans body seeing as how 5'11 is already considered taller than the average man.

I personally enjoy watching skill being displayed as opposed to a Shaq type of physical dominance, so I hope he focuses more on acquiring skill than more muscle and weight.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    LeBron is not 265-270. That is like Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski weight. No way LeBron is thicker than they are. LeBron is in the 250's somewhere.
    bone density?