Default KD and Nick Collison...

...are the last 2 players from the team that last played in Seattle when they were still the Sonics.

This is becoming depressing. Almost all of the people from the Seattle days (2008) are almost all gone.

I am going through depressing times with Seattle without a team.

I don't live in Seattle but any1 with news of progress of obtaining a team in Seattle?

Banned

Default Re: KD and Nick Collison...

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    ...are the last 2 players from the team that last played in Seattle when they were still the Sonics.

This is becoming depressing. Almost all of the people from the Seattle days (2008) are almost all gone.

I don't live in Seattle but any1 with news of progress of obtaining a team in Seattle?
    I saw one news station yesterday and a Seattle native (don't really care about the name) is trying to help fund for the arena in the Sodo area. Mariners owner don't like it and complained about the traffic problem. The native then stated that he would fund for the research in that area about anything related to transportation and any potential issues. Supposedly this guy might play a major role in getting Sonics back. Don't hope for the team coming any time soon because it might take 5+ more years.

EDIT: oh yeah, that Chris Hansen guy was the native.

Although it's sad that the team moved, there are still some Ex-sonics Players out there to root:

Ray Allen
    Rashard Lewis (disappointment )
    Luke Ridnour (lol)
    Damien Wilkins (lol)
    Reggie Evans (damn coach plays him hardly at all)
    Chris Wilcox (heart problem )

Oh and you forgot about Jeff Green (heart problem )

I'm sure I'm missing a few myself....
    Last edited by Killbot; 04-06-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Like Killbot stated, some super rich Seattle guy is meeting with political leaders in the Seattle area, with the goal of getting the Sonics back in the NBA!! I have not heard any updates about this news. But if I do, I will post whatever I hear.

Since the Kings got a new deal, the Hornets are the next team that might be moving. But I am like most Seattle Supersonics fans, wishing and hoping that we land a team...soon!!!

me 2... I am psyched about getting a new team...but we gotta steal it though...

But looking back @ the whole Sonics gate fiasco (the doc and the drama itself) points to me that its the people of Seattle ( them sports haters and fiscal moralists) who let the team go...

they were the ones who wrote to the legislature and told them no money for sports stadiums.

the way things shouldve worked out was keepin the Sonics in Seattle but giving bennett the Hornets...with the current situation, it wouldve worked out as the Hornets now have no owners...
    Last edited by 9512; 04-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Like Killbot stated, some super rich Seattle guy is meeting with political leaders in the Seattle area, with the goal of getting the Sonics back in the NBA!! I have not heard any updates about this news. But if I do, I will post whatever I hear.

Since the Kings got a new deal, the Hornets are the next team that might be moving. But I am like most Seattle Supersonics fans, wishing and hoping that we land a team...soon!!!
    Hornets are officially owned by the Saints owner. this ruins any chance of the Hornets coming to Seattle.

Banned

me 2... I am psyched about getting a new team...but we gotta steal it though...

But looking back @ the whole Sonics gate fiasco (the doc and the drama itself) points to me that its the people of Seattle ( them sports haters and fiscal moralists) who let the team go...

they were the ones who wrote to the legislature and told them no money for sports stadiums.

the way things shouldve worked out was keepin the Sonics in Seattle but giving bennett the Hornets...with the current situation, it wouldve worked out as the Hornets now have no owners...
    The people of Seattle should not be blamed for what has occurred. The combination of the dumb Greg Nickels, dumb Howard Schultz, backstabbing Clay Bennett and that shit Stern all were the main reasons for Seattle leaving.

I will respectfully disagree.

Fans have to do their part. they must buy the tickets, the merchandise, hike up ratings...and contribute...by paying taxes for a stadium. (Houston, Orlando, San antonio and paid for their own stadium...why shouldn't Seattle?).

They voted 70% for I 91. Over 70% for funding stadiums only if it got economical return.

Nickels and the leaders of the city and state to blame too but Sonics fans should also look in the mirror because Initiative 91 was "bad policy" as Brian Robinson said in Sonicsgate and they voted for it.

Seattle fans want a team but don't want to pay for it. I am probably in the minority in this that Seattle should've chipped in for a new stadium. I think the NBA model is messed up and moving teams is a total dis-service to fans across the nation.

I am laughing bc back in the 90s casual fans were raving how awesome the Sonics were...Now the same fans I knew are now fiscal moralists who condemn public funding. They want their cake and eat it 2.
    Last edited by 9512; 04-17-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Banned

I will respectfully disagree.

Fans have to do their part. they must buy the tickets, the merchandise, hike up ratings...and contribute...by paying taxes for a stadium. (Houston, Orlando, San antonio and paid for their own stadium...why shouldn't Seattle?).

They voted 70% for I 91. Over 70% for funding stadiums only if it got economical return.

Nickels and the leaders of the city and state to blame too but Sonics fans should also look in the mirror because Initiative 91 was "bad policy" as Brian Robinson said in Sonicsgate and they voted for it.

Seattle fans want a team but don't want to pay for it. I am probably in the minority in this that Seattle should've chipped in for a new stadium. I think the NBA model is messed up and moving teams is a total dis-service to fans across the nation.

I am laughing bc back in the 90s casual fans were raving how awesome the Sonics were...Now the same fans I knew are now fiscal moralists who condemn public funding. They want their cake and eat it 2.
    I would have liked city of Seattle to build a NBA arena before NFL or MLB, but that did not happen. People of Seattle care more about the Seahawks and Mariners than the Sonics. Can't do anything about it. The reason why the Seattle-ites should not get the blame is because they have paid for Safeco Field. Soon after that was completed, Qwest Field was built. Sales tax is high in Washington and was always high. 9.5% right now. You can't tell me that is not nuts. Think about it. If you would have lived here, another tax hike would make you pissed off. There was one for Safeco, one for Qwest, and if Seattle-ites complied with Clay Bennett's absurd proposal or I91, then the tax shoots up above an absurd 10% on non restaurant items.

Also, there are some casual fans in Seattle. There are those anywhere in the world. Problem is that NFL and MLB are much more popular than the NBA. I91 helps, but remember, the middle class fans usually attend games at Safeco and Qwest. The prices (parking, merchandise, etc) will hike up as well with I91. Middle class suffers.
    Last edited by Killbot; 04-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.

this is all 2 convenient for Seattle ites. have their baseball and football team taken care but leave the winningest team out...(Sonics)...

i used to live in seattle and wouldnt mind a tax hike...even @ 10 percent... i am in the minority though obviously...

Banned

this is all 2 convenient for Seattle ites. have their baseball and football team taken care but leave the winningest team out...(Sonics)...

i used to live in seattle and wouldnt mind a tax hike...even @ 10 percent... i am in the minority though obviously...
    Yeah. It's a shame. Sonics should have been taken care of first. Only team to have brought them a championship and sniff the finals more times BEFORE the Mariners and Seahawks even reached success. There is the Storm but really, who gives a shit. Seahawks and Mariners both laid eggs, although technically Seahawks got cheated a little in the Superbowl.

That is the only thing that I'm willing to blame Seattle-ites for....