One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Who do you like better: Mudiay or Russell at PG?

Athletically: Mudiay by quite a bit
    Strength: Mudiay, his brothers and father were all 2+ inches taller than him. He can end up taller. He's already NBA ready and then some at PG at 6'5'' 200. Russell is 6'5'' 180.
    Slashing ability: Mudiay
    Shooting ability: Russell
    Passing ability: about even but I would give Mudiay a slight edge on P/R passing but Russell has had some beautiful no look passes this year too.
    Higher ceiling: Mudiay
    Highest floor: Russell
    Ballhandling: I would say Russell by a nose. I've seen Mudiay highlights and he coughed up the ball a few times very carelessly.

Default Re: Who do you like better: Mudiay or Russell at PG?

Impossible to say for me because I've only seen scattered highlights of Mudiay but I really like Russell. He just has such a natural feel to his game and he reads angles really well. Incredibly fun to watch at the college level because there was a clear skill gap between him and other guards.

I think Mudiay might be the better pro as a rookie tho because of his physicality.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

I'll go with Mudiay. Easier to learn a jumpshot than "learn" physical gifts.

I see his high school highlights and he looks way more explosive offensively in the world vs usa game and west vs east. He looked blinding quick in China at times. Dude chases after boards like a maniac. To me he reminds me of Westbrook on the fastbreak but with a Rondo pass-first mentality. Dude looks like he could be a ridiculous pro down the line if he gets his act together with that jumpshot of his (which I don't even think is that bad). His body is already NBA ready. He filled up very well in China.

I can see his stats when he's in his prime to be something along the lines of: 20/6/9.

I really want the Knicks to draft him if they fall out of the top 2.

I really hoped he went to SMU so we have more to work with.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 05-17-2015 at 02:38 AM.

Decent college freshman

Mudiay. He can be a cross between Rose and Wall IMO. Russel may slip on draft day if you ask me. He's not a standout athlete, he's not a pure PG and hes' not going to be a go to scorer. That doesn't mean he isn't useful, but in this very deep draft, someone else might be valued over him. I think Philly goes either Mudiay or Winslow once their research is done and I think the Knicks are a threat to take someone like WCS.

Decent playground baller

Looking at physical traits Mudiay looks better.

Watching them play, Russell looks better against better competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
    Looking at physical traits Mudiay looks better.

Watching them play, Russell looks better against better competition.
    I'm pretty sure a 38 year old Starbury could destroy all the PGs Russell faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Mudiay. He can be a cross between Rose and Wall IMO. Russel may slip on draft day if you ask me. He's not a standout athlete, he's not a pure PG and hes' not going to be a go to scorer. That doesn't mean he isn't useful, but in this very deep draft, someone else might be valued over him. I think Philly goes either Mudiay or Winslow once their research is done and I think the Knicks are a threat to take someone like WCS.
    Hopefully we get Mudiay or Winslow or Russell. NOT WCS.