Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good High School Starter Edgar Friendly's Avatar

Default If the Lakers want to win, they need to let Kobe play only the 1st 8 min of each half

Kobe seems like he starts out ok, but fades quickly. If they ever want to win again they should only let him start the halfs. Once he starts missing he feels like he needs to shoot EVEN MORE. Just as bad, the other players feel froze out and just stand around watching him.

When is the coach and management going to sit Kobe down, and tell him they are going to limit his minutes until his game improves? He obviously doesn't know how to check himself.

Default Re: If the Lakers want to win, they need to let Kobe play only the 1st 8 min of each half

Sad truth about Kobe is that if he makes a shot, he feels he has the right to continue chucking. But when he misses, he tries to get back in rhythm. Either way, the TEAM suffers with him on the floor because he keeps chucking no matter what. This guy is simply unwilling to take a smaller role offensively. Makes me sick.

Made that high school varsity squad Goofsta Knicca's Avatar

Default Re: If the Lakers want to win, they need to let Kobe play only the 1st 8 min of each half

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Friendly
    Kobe seems like he starts out ok, but fades quickly. If they ever want to win again they should only let him start the halfs. Once he starts missing he feels like he needs to shoot EVEN MORE. Just as bad, the other players feel froze out and just stand around watching him.

When is the coach and management going to sit Kobe down, and tell him they are going to limit his minutes until his game improves? He obviously doesn't know how to check himself.
    They ain't gonna sit down with. They just gonna let him walk after this season.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Sad truth about Kobe is that if he makes a shot, he feels he has the right to continue chucking. But when he misses, he tries to get back in rhythm. Either way, the TEAM suffers with him on the floor because he keeps chucking no matter what. This guy is simply unwilling to take a smaller role offensively. Makes me sick.
    Makes him 5 time champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Makes him 5 time champion.
    Stop bringing up the past. Are you a Laker fan or Kobe fan? How would you evaluate his performance so far?

Very good NBA starter

Stop bringing up the past. Are you a Laker fan or Kobe fan? How would you evaluate his performance so far?
    Believe it or not, you can be both.

The past is pretty much all non-championship team have (all but one team every year).

If Kobe made the diffrence between the playoffs and lottery, then maybe I would care about his wrong approach in half of these games.

But I liked the way he played in the last 3 games. And that is not blind fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Believe it or not, you can be both.

The past is pretty much all non-championship team have (all but one team every year).

If Kobe made the diffrence between the playoffs and lottery, then maybe I would care about his wrong approach in half of these games.

But I liked the way he played in the last 3 games. And that is not blind fandom.
    Lol. You are probably one of the fans who scream "MVP" every time he shoots FTs. Now I know not to take anything you say about Kobe seriously. The guy has been a terrible chucker for pretty much every game except that one game a few games ago where he really made an effort to play the right way.

Very good NBA starter

except that one game a few games ago where he really made an effort to play the right way.
    There you go.

Almost there kid.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Every win is terrible for the Lakers...they don't want to win

i am just gonna say what other LA fans are afraid to say.

F the wins, i want no,1 pick.

What would winning currently solve for them right now?

They won't make the playoffs at all. They have to be terrible right now unfortunately.

if lakers FO wants to win, they need to sign kobe to a 5 year 100 million dollar deal

Kobe trying to get his rhythm back

He's killing his career efficiency

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    He's killing his career efficiency
    He was never efficient