Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Manu is the 3rd best SG of all time

Quote Originally Posted by zeerghit
    how allen is better? HOW?
    You want me to explain how Ray Allen...who carried the Sonics in the 2005 playoffs with no Rashard Lewis to 6 games vs the Spurs is better than Manu? Not even worth my time or ire.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You want me to explain how Ray Allen...who carried the Sonics in the 2005 playoffs with no Rashard Lewis to 6 games vs the Spurs is better than Manu? Not even worth my time or ire.
    u are funny guy, give me some arguments, stop acting like diva

look at all advanced, and per 100pos stats.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=
    Last edited by zeerghit; 11-21-2015 at 08:50 AM.

1. MJ
    2. Kobe
    3. West
    4. Wade
    5. Clyde
    Last edited by Alan Ogg; 11-21-2015 at 08:48 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    What kind of numbers back him up against Dwyane Wade and Jerry West?

Please explain.
    West is easy. He was a point guard :)

College superstar

OP is out on a limb on this one but you guys are being downright disrespectful.

This shows he is essentially tied with Shaq and Timmy for score contributions/min over a massive sample size:
    https://sites.google.com/site/rapmstats/97-14-rapm-2

So, if we are talking about per minute contributions he is absolutely up there. He also played a huge role on 5 Championships and may very well have been the best player on 1 of them. He also led Argentina to insanely impressive international success, winning the only gold medal USA hasn't in the last 25+ years. And its not as if Argentina is the hot bed of basketball talent that the US is.

Local High School Star

At hist best. When he's on. He is. He's not consistent enough for me to rank that high all time

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    OP is out on a limb on this one but you guys are being downright disrespectful.

This shows he is essentially tied with Shaq and Timmy for score contributions/min over a massive sample size:
    https://sites.google.com/site/rapmstats/97-14-rapm-2

So, if we are talking about per minute contributions he is absolutely up there. He also played a huge role on 5 Championships and may very well have been the best player on 1 of them. He also led Argentina to insanely impressive international success, winning the only gold medal USA hasn't in the last 25+ years. And its not as if Argentina is the hot bed of basketball talent that the US is.
    5 championships? Are you counting non NBA stuff?

I'll agree per minute he's among the best ever, but keep in mind he plays a LOT more minutes as a percentage of minutes against second units. He also gets to play all out since he plays else minutes.

Not sure where or even how to rank the guy. I'm sure he'd have better stats with any coach not pop as he'd have played more minutes. It's just really hard to figure out how that translates to say Drexler who I think he was clearly better than per minute, not sure there's a debate, but as a career? I just don't know how to compare that.

Manu above Drexler?

Y'all smoking angle dust?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Ogg
    1. MJ
    2. Kobe
    3. West
    4. Wade
    5. Clyde
    This is my exact list as well. Even if one were to consider West a PG, i don't see Manu's argument over Drexler or Gervin. Manu was a guy who rarely if ever averaged over 30 mpg in his career. He was great but playing for the great Spurs his entire career has benefited him greatly longevity wise as well as legacy. He didn't have the durability to be a 1st option superstar for multiple seasons.

So yeah, no argument for top 5 and it wouldn't be hard to argue him out of the top 10 when Ai, Reggie, Ray Allen, Tmac all have strong cases.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Oh and by the way people need to stop overrating his contributions to those championships. Firstly, it was 4 he won not 5 so people need to get their facts on that, Secondly he he was only a role player in 2003 and they would've won with or without him, in 2014 he was a solid contributor but he was roughly a 14 ppg type player nothing to write home about. 2005 was the one title run where he was legit playing like a superstar in the playoffs.

Can you actually cite the substantive numbers to substantiate how Manu is supposedly better than Jerry West and Dwyane Wade?

Kobe's and Wade's alpha-led championships >>> any of Manu's rings; even in some of their sidekicked rings--including West's only ring of his career, in addition to becoming the only losing-team Finals MVP--they managed to play a co-leader role, while Manu has been no more than a third wheel.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Manu Ginobili is the 3rd best shooting guard of all time behind Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. The numbers and championship pedigree back this claim up.

Do you believe Manu is 3rd on the GOAT list behind Kobe and MJ in that order?
    You got half of it correct.

Yes Manu is 3rd GOAT SG.

But after Michael Jordan and John Havlicek.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Manu above Drexler?

Y'all smoking angle dust?
    Manu is better than Glide.

Manus elite halfcourt game made him a menace in playoffs.

Glide consistently dropped off in the playoffs where other Portland players like Porter especially had to carry him. Since Glide had a sht halfcourt game and relied too much on transition/fastbreak

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Manu is better than Glide.

Manus elite halfcourt game made him a menace in playoffs.

Glide consistently dropped off in the playoffs where other Portland players like Porter especially had to carry him. Since Glide had a sht halfcourt game and relied too much on transition/fastbreak
    Manu is his best EVER season averaged 21/5/4 in the PO's. Clyde, for his CAREER, averaged 20/7/6 in the PO's.