Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are Bucks about to enter championship contender status after this year? Or perhaps...

They already are...

If anyone watched how they played the Bulls in the last playoffs, you can clearly see the team is scary good on defense, but lack scoring threats to overcome the Bulls.

With the main additions of Monroe and Parker from last year's playoff team, do people here think they are the huge darkhorse this year?

I suspect they will be contenders by next year. They are stacked with talent and well coached.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Are Bucks about to enter championship contender status after this year? Or perhaps...

BUCKS....CHAMPIONSHIP....

Default Re: Are Bucks about to enter championship contender status after this year? Or perhaps...

2nd in the east behind the cavs , best young core since thunder and gsw, they are next,

Quote Originally Posted by snipes12
    2nd in the east behind the cavs , best young core since thunder and gsw, they are next,

Not out of the realm of possibility.

We don't know what Bulls will look like with a new coach and Miami has new pieces to integrate and make work, but potentially have a dangerous team.

I think Raptors will further improve though. I think Raps could challenge for a top 3 in the East standings.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

I'd say 5-6 seed. Cavs,Wizards, heat, hawks,Raptors,Bulls, are better but still better than the Celtics and Pistons.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    They already are...

If anyone watched how they played the Bulls in the last playoffs, you can clearly see the team is scary good on defense, but lack scoring threats to overcome the Bulls.
    You don't need to be good on defense to stop the Bulls offense.

That freshman they got in this years draft is the real deal ISH. Also Giannis is making thw next step as we saw in the Africa World game.

Learning to shoot layups

Easily Top-4 in the East. I'm very curious to see if they can reach ECF this year.
    If they do, next year they will be considered contenders.

Contenders mainly because they are in the East ?

In reality, they will probably struggle because they have so many pieces and I don't really like their offense. Should be great on the perimeter defensively but other than that, nothing screams at me contender or future contender yet.

This team could also be last year's Hornets. I remember a lot of posters pegging them for the playoffs and top seeding.

College superstar

The team got a tremendous amount of support from their bench. Dudley, Zaza, Mayo, etc were even allowed to close a LOT of their games. By selling off Duds and Zaza for literally nothing they are committing to let the young guys run the show. But they are going to take their lumps this year.

The window the GM and owners have pointed to is still 2 years out. And even then, Giannis and Jabari will be 22 to start the season (Yes, they are both 20 now). The team is really built to succeed from ~2019-2022. Thats when Giannis and Jabari are going to peak. If they win before then great. But they won't be leveraging their future to win a few more games the next few years.

NBA Superstar

Awesome core. They have to hope that Parker, or someone I guess, becomes a superstar level player though.

rank sentamentalist

people are really overrating the raptors after the year they had. they have no size or depth on the front line, which was a weakness even with amir johnson. i love scola to death but he does nothing and he's sharing minutes with patrick patterson. at least james johnson is there, he'll probably get some minutes at the four, but still. unless jv takes huge steps which appears unlikely, this team will be fighting for the 8th seed.

the bucks look great two years from now. they have some decent expirers next season which opens up cap space right before the greek freak becomes a free agent... munroe signing was good given upcoming cap hikes. sanders for $5m is a steal the next three season. middleton is locked up.

carter williams
    khris middleton
    attetekounmpo
    jabari parker
    gregg munroe

oj mayo and grievus vasquez are going to work well together because of the latter's decision making. good backups at every position. a coach everybody likes.

cavs
    bulls
    heat
    hawks
    wizards
    bucks
    pistons
    raptors

your top eight next season. but the bucks will climb ahead of the hawks and heat the year after next. three years from now, they'll competing with lebron james and kyrie irving for the conference title.

the sixers will be trying to trade it's 2018 number one pick for seven 2nd rounders.

They are such a hard team to read since they have a unique lineup. They basically will be playing 3 long small forwards together at times with monroe down low. Suuuuper lanky team which has the makings to be elite defensively. I have no idea how their offense will work. Lots to figure out here which makes them impossible to gauge for me.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    They are such a hard team to read since they have a unique lineup. They basically will be playing 3 long small forwards together at times with monroe down low. Suuuuper lanky team which has the makings to be elite defensively. I have no idea how their offense will work. Lots to figure out here which makes them impossible to gauge for me.
    Its not just the makings. They were a top 4 defense LAST YEAR.

Their future really depends on the development of Giannis and Jabari. Middleton is already a GREAT 3rd piece. Elite defender, great shooter, can do quite a bit more too. But even those two skills make for a great complimentary player.

The team has to learn how to shoot. MCW has been a criminally bad shooter. Giannis was forbidden from shooting while they broke his shot down (it already looks MUCH better). They traded their stretch 4 in Illy.

Their starting lineup has one guy that can shoot. And Henson made 1 shot outside 10 feet last year. But if they get an elite shooting coach they could really turn that around. Remember, their coaches name used to be Ason Kidd (because he had no J). Now he is top 5 in the history of the game in 3s made.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

can you really see them beating any of the top 3 teams in the WC in a 7 games series? Cause i sure as hell dont.

Inexperience will only take you so far.