Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: WOJ: How David Blatt never stood a chance with LeBron James and his camp

this is the 2nd time lebrons sabotaged his own team to get his way

2011*
    2016*

WOW

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Default Re: WOJ: How David Blatt never stood a chance with LeBron James and his camp

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    I m not, i call him out when he doesn't play well.
    But not willing to admit he is still a bad guy and calling all the shots? WOJ is the best the NBA has, and while I know he gets irked by LBJ, this story is exactly what happened and everyone knows it.

Believe it if you want, i m not believing it unless we hear the same thing from other sources.
    My first comment was in regards to your point about Woj dislking Bron.
    Similar to yourself and others, it appears plausible to assert that he isn't fond of the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    I'd take WOJ over bitchhorst anytime of the day. Please.... LeGM has this planned all along.
    "In the locker room after the Cavs beat the Clippers, Griffin noticed an absence of joy over a nice win. He saw Blatt's comments about how there isn't enough credit being given to the team, despite its $110 million payroll and extreme expectations.

He knew the players would use Blatt as an excuse if they came up short again this season, and he would probably have to confront this issue at some point. He decided to confront it now.

A little over one year after he and Gilbert decided to not let Blatt go, Griffin talked with Gilbert again. This time, there would be no vote of confidence. Griffin didn't call James or any other player. He met with Blatt and fired him, and he promoted Lue.

When the players were called together to receive the news, some thought a player had been traded, sources said. Several players speculated they were going to be told Love had been dealt. But it was Blatt.

It was nothing James or Irving or Love or anyone said that got Blatt fired. If it had truly been up to James, sources said, Blatt might have been fired a year earlier. As it turned out, the actions of the entire team, Blatt included, over the past 15 months brought Griffin to this conclusion.

Believe it if you want, i m not believing it unless we hear the same thing from other sources.
    https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/st...39470870179840

So if Windhorst is saying that Gilbert was a supporter of Blatt then who could have want Blatt gone? Let us think really hard about that one

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    But not willing to admit he is still a bad guy and calling all the shots? WOJ is the best the NBA has, and while I know he gets irked by LBJ, this story is exactly what happened and everyone knows it.
    Why would i admit that if there s no evidence that proves it?

3-time NBA All-Star

It's this type of stuff why the whole "Lebron hasn't had enough help in his career" argument for why he hasn't had as much success as some other all time greats doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by uber

So if Windhorst is saying that Gilbert was a supporter of Blatt then who could have want Blatt gone? Let us think really hard about that one
    Windhorst also said lebron didn't know about blatt getting fired. Cherry picking what to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    snip
    by: Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin

Windhorst also said lebron didn't know about blatt getting fired. Cherry picking what to believe?
    I'm not cherry picking anything. You wanted a second source and there you have one. Or is Windhorst making that stuff up just like Woj?

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    by: Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin

Both sources are unreliable. Woj is a lebron hater, windhorst is a lebron lover

I'm not cherry picking anything. You wanted a second source and there you have one. Or is Windhorst making that stuff up just like Woj?
    But windhorst reported that lebron didn't know blatt was getting fired. How does that support woj's claims?

This is from 8hrs ago:

A little over one year after he and Gilbert decided to not let Blatt go, Griffin talked with Gilbert again. This time, there would be no vote of confidence. Griffin didn't call James or any other player. He met with Blatt and fired him, and he promoted Lue.

Why didn't Gilbert tell Griffin no and that Blatt is our guy??

But windhorst reported that lebron didn't know blatt was getting fired. How does that support woj's claims?
    So just because Lebron didn't knew that Blatt was fired today there is no possibility that he had something to do with it? I will never understand that benefit of the doubt when it comes to Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    This is from 8hrs ago:

Why didn't Gilbert tell Griffin no and that Blatt is our guy??
    How should i know that? I just brought up that a known Lebron homer tweeted it and not someone who has a agenda against him.