Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default The 2015-2016 Season Games Discussion

My bad fellas, but never too late than the present.

One main observation I have is this team does play hard, and that is the first thing any fan could ask for. Eventually they will translate that into winning consistently.

Moving on to game 3, I see Melo had that stroke. Poor Dudley, sometimes it's not good to open up your mouth. Also loving the play of Galloway. He is so clutch and definitely should be starting the games.

I wish Fisher would end this Calderon experiment, the guy is awful. He's a negative even when he hits his shots.

Next game up is against the Spurs and while they are solid, they arent playing to their capacity so we may be able to snatch this one up.

Default Re: The 2015-2016 Season Games Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    My bad fellas, but never too late than the present.

One main observation I have is this team does play hard, and that is the first thing any fan could ask for. Eventually they will translate that into winning consistently.

Moving on to game 3, I see Melo had that stroke. Poor Dudley, sometimes it's not good to open up your mouth. Also loving the play of Galloway. He is so clutch and definitely should be starting the games.

I wish Fisher would end this Calderon experiment, the guy is awful. He's a negative even when he hits his shots.

Next game up is against the Spurs and while they are solid, they arent playing to their capacity so we may be able to snatch this one up.
    Agree on all points. I'm glad we're facing the better teams early; it'll help refine the product on the floor. Totally on point with the Caldy comment... I also wonder if A.A. is gonna add anything this year (not that I think he's a difference maker).

Here's to a better season!

Krust Kingz

At least its more entertaining basketball.

No lie it's entertaining.

Krust Kingz

Refreshing to be competitive.

Knowing that they are improving makes losses like last night's much more tolerable.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

So far this season has been enjoyable to watch. Being competitive against better comp is very watchable. I dont really analyze the losses because I'm more focused on the teams development. As they get better, some of those losses will become wins.

The realgm knicks board is so damn active compared to this one holy shit.

I see da ko king still posts here. Nice to see that old dog ain't dead

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Long time no see fellaz. A lot more of the same with the Knicks. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with KP. Not that I thought he'd be a bum but I thought he was a project. In fact, Phil even said so. I'm most impressed with his rebounding.

Other notes: Melo is taking a while to find his shot. For a minute, he had zero lift. He still gets zero foul calls in the paint. Last night Jefferson and Williams literally landed on his head and....nothing. Still, I think he should be persistent. Maybe even get a few techs (along with Fisher) to send a message. His best seasons as a Knick he had high tech totals. He can't revert to settling for jumpers just because the refs are being *****

Other than that, Fisher's substitutions are clueless, we still manage to every year have one of the worst starting PGs in the NBA, our roster lacks talent and I already have buyer's remorse with Lopez.

On a bright note, these guys play really hard. When we lose, it's not for lack of effort. I didn't expect much from this team. I just want to see growth, especially from our young guys. Can't really complain in regards to that.

I'm seeing the decline in melo. He's not as consistent as he was before. We have a bright future, all these guys love playing with each other.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

This isn't a bad team at all. Even in the losses these guys are very competitive whereas last year we'd be losing by 20+ daily. Now we're losing by a few points and sometimes in the last minute. They need to close out better though. Fisher may be bad with subs and rotations but he has the guys playing hard and getting some good value out of players right now. Hopefully, with time he gets better with his subs.

Trust in Phill Jackson. Everyone is expecting him to lure Lebron or something because of his pedigree but you need to have some realism. He's done a great job with what he's worked with.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    This isn't a bad team at all. Even in the losses these guys are very competitive whereas last year we'd be losing by 20+ daily. Now we're losing by a few points and sometimes in the last minute. They need to close out better though. Fisher may be bad with subs and rotations but he has the guys playing hard and getting some good value out of players right now. Hopefully, with time he gets better with his subs.

Trust in Phill Jackson. Everyone is expecting him to lure Lebron or something because of his pedigree but you need to have some realism. He's done a great job with what he's worked with.
    Agree. And I don't have a problem with Melo being second fiddle, if his ego will allow it. Look for Jax to reboot the backcourt and go after another decent FA signing next year.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I'm sorry but I just don't see how this is true. Phil Jackson has done one thing good and that is his draft pick. If he built this team properly, we would be a problem with KP already solidifying himself as a starter on a rookie contract.

I know we're happy these guys are playing hard, but need I remind you, the players who are giving us a boost aren't locked up long term. The guys who AREN'T playing well are.

Robin Lopez
    Jose Calderon
    Kyle O'Quinn (who I like but has somehow found himself in Fisher's dog house)

I'm sorry but I don't see how that is "great" at all. We're .500 with a team that very well might not even be with us next year. So let me remind you once again:

Arron Afflalo- Player Option
    Derrick Williams- Player Option
    Lance Thomas- FA after this year
    Lou Amundson- FA after this year
    Sasha Vujacic- FA after this year
    Cleanthony Early- FA after this year
    Kevin Seraphin- FA after this year

Now if Phil goes out and utilizes his cap space this summer and hauls in some quality FA, so be it. But to say he's done "great' thus far, without that having happened, is just being oblivious to reality. Reality is, our biggest FA acquisition has been terrible and we have a slew of expiring contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I'm sorry but I just don't see how this is true. Phil Jackson has done one thing good and that is his draft pick. If he built this team properly, we would be a problem with KP already solidifying himself as a starter on a rookie contract.

I know we're happy these guys are playing hard, but need I remind you, the players who are giving us a boost aren't locked up long term. The guys who AREN'T playing well are.

Robin Lopez
    Jose Calderon
    Kyle O'Quinn (who I like but has somehow found himself in Fisher's dog house)

I'm sorry but I don't see how that is "great" at all. We're .500 with a team that very well might not even be with us next year. So let me remind you once again:

Arron Afflalo- Player Option
    Derrick Williams- Player Option
    Lance Thomas- FA after this year
    Lou Amundson- FA after this year
    Sasha Vujacic- FA after this year
    Cleanthony Early- FA after this year
    Kevin Seraphin- FA after this year

Now if Phil goes out and utilizes his cap space this summer and hauls in some quality FA, so be it. But to say he's done "great' thus far, without that having happened, is just being oblivious to reality. Reality is, our biggest FA acquisition has been terrible and we have a slew of expiring contracts.
    Plan on a big free agent signing. Of the list, I see Early and Williams possibly returning. I think Phil has made the most of what he could during the last free agency period. This team will be MUCH more appealing to players now that they have a pulse, and a budding young star. After last year's debacle, I have no problem in being positive regarding our franchise's future. But then, everyone knows this -

Not airballing my layups anymore

It's still early days but I wonder what the thinking around trading Melo is now that KP is progressing more quickly than expected? Personally, I'd like to see us keep Melo and see if we can transition him to being a second option if/when KP really blossoms. I think Melo could flourish with less scoring volume pressure on him.

But maybe Melo is never really going to accept that role... I have very little idea about the various trade scenarios so this may be way off, but would there be any chance of exploring Melo for Durrant? It's looking quite likely he walks and OKC might be open to getting value for him? Not sure what we'd need to package with him to make it viable though? Would Melo go for that? It would be a stronger option for him to get a ring but he'd be joining Westbrook's team.