Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default None of Lebron's teams has ever played this fast

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...ort/paceFactor

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...ate=2008-06-18

None of Lebron's teams have ever been in the top 10 teams in terms of pace, or fastbreak points, from what I see in the links above.

It would seem like an obvious thing to do with Lebron is to tell the team to run at every opportunity. He is probably the best transition player of all time.

I would have loved to see him on a team like Phoenix in his prime.

I can't believe Mike Brown never even tried it. All it would have taken is one or two free agency moves acquiring another athletic wing to run with Lebron, Gibson, and West.

Spoelstra had no choice since doing it with Wade would have injured him even more and would be risky.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: None of Lebron's teams has ever played this fast

The Warriors led the league in pace last year (98.3), but their pace slowed to 93.7 in playoffs - ALL teams are forced to slow it down against good playoff opponents if they want to win.

That being said, it does concern me that the Cavs are acting quicker upon the catch IN GENERAL, including Lebron... And Lebron seems to be playing more off-ball more under Lue and acting quicker with the ball, like there's an urgency each time... me no likey

Hasnt even been over 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Hasnt even been over 5 games
    I could have made this thread after 0 Lue coached games.

He stated many times that he is going to make this team run and that will be the main difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    The Warriors led the league in pace last year (98.3), but their pace slowed to 93.7 in playoffs - ALL teams are forced to slow it down against good playoff opponents if they want to win.

That being said, it does concern me that the Cavs are acting quicker upon the catch IN GENERAL, including Lebron... And Lebron seems to be playing more off-ball more under Lue and acting quicker with the ball, like there's an urgency each time... me no likey
    This seriously might be the first post i've seen you make that does not include Jordan's name.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    This seriously might be the first post i've seen you make that does not include Jordan's name.

I have tons of posts and threads that don't mention jordan, like this one, or this one, and many many more.

but you only notice the ones that discuss Jordan, because they sting.. You don't like seeing proof that he's the goat - you prefer to live in your own reality and think today's players compare, or that maybe he wouldn't do as good if he played with today's wide open spacing and hands-off perimeter defense..

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

You give him shit when he dominates the ball and praise Jordan for his off-ball game. You still give him shit when he plays more off-ball and doesn't dominate the ball as much. What should he do?