Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 08-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Pistons Sign Josh Harrellson

It looks like we signed our last player, and it was a big guy.

Quote:
The Detroit Pistons have reached an agreement with forward Josh Harrellson on a two-year deal, a league source told Yahoo! Sports. Harrellson, 24, will hold a partial salary guarantee for the 2013-14 season, and the Pistons will hold the team option for the 2014-15 season, a source said. Yahoo

At least they went young, which is what I wanted them to do. I don't expect Harrellson to see much playing time at all anyhow. It would be nice to know how much they paid him. I bet it isn't much of an investment.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation
Default Re: Pistons Sign Josh Harrellson

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--so...021539639.html

Article for those that want it. MVP OF THE CBA!!! Well, I can't say I've ever heard of the guy but hey...MVP is MVP yea?

Seeing as how Jason Collins wouldn't have costed much money besides the vet minimum, I don't see why we didn't sign him. He could've gave helpful pointers on savvy vet moves.

Ah well, LET'S GET THIS YEAR ROLLING!!!! MONROE W/ THEM 6 ASSISTS A GAME MINIMUM!!!

MOTOR LOB CITY!!!!!!!!!
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus has decent reputationNastradamus has decent reputation

Good move. As long as we added one more big body, 6'10+, I was going to be happy. Collins,Harrelson,Whiteside, its all the same to me. None are particularly good,but all fill the role.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't realize he was the MVP over in China. I guess this is the move to put the Pistons in contention . I'm glad it wasn't Collins. I feel like his career is done. Not that Harrellson will be a good NBA player, but I'd rather go with the younger guy. We have Sheed to give the big guys advice. We don't necessarily need another vet to try to do the same.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation

"They want to bring back the Bad Boys mentality to Detroit and if we get everybody on the same page, I think we can.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/...ns_130823.html

GET 'EM JOSH!
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
"They want to bring back the Bad Boys mentality to Detroit and if we get everybody on the same page, I think we can.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/...ns_130823.html

GET 'EM JOSH!

I love that style of basketball. While it doesn't translate to ESPN, I find it fun to watch on television. We do have a tough roster this season too (at least on paper). I'm ready for the season to start already!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Nice pick-up. He played well for the Knicks two seasons ago and has a pretty wide array of skills. He's actually got a nice jump-shot with range all the way to 3pt land. I think he'll surprise people if there are a few injuries and he gets pt.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #8
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputation

He brings a toughness / grit / blue collar approach which fits in with the culture we are trying to rebuild here. I am happy with having guys at the end of the bench with this attitude - good pick-up, might give us some flexibility of we decide to move Charlie-V as Josh can play the stretch tall position too...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #9
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
He brings a toughness / grit / blue collar approach which fits in with the culture we are trying to rebuild here. I am happy with having guys at the end of the bench with this attitude - good pick-up, might give us some flexibility of we decide to move Charlie-V as Josh can play the stretch tall position too...

From what I've seen of Charlie V over the past couple of seasons, Harrellson is better.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
From what I've seen of Charlie V over the past couple of seasons, Harrellson is better.

My left nut struggles from the charity stripe but is still better than Charlie-V...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I enjoyed his game in college, but I dont see him getting much time. We shall see
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: