Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship Finals USA vs Croatia Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    If you didn't watch the game why do you care to post about?

It's obviously just to argue with euroleague

you ruin a thread like this for people who actually have a genuine interest in discussing international basketball.
    It's not to troll. Stop saying that. It's because he's a racist POS. How many times does this have to be explained here?

It's amazing how stupid you people are.

They are RACISTS. It's unbelievable what sheltered pieces of shit you clowns are that you can't even identify blatant racism when it is right in front of you.

The people that refuse to call the racism out and do anything about it, and just call it "trolling" are only a little bit better than the racists to be totally honest about it.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-05-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

These freaking SOBs like Rooster, KG215, and lazeruss (AKA gabepizza) claim here hundreds of times that this would constitute a "B" or even a "C" team it if was USA playing.

And tragic is going to call me out just for calling them out on their trolling?

Piss off tragic.

And you keep spouting nonsense like this...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282976

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309399

I'm sorry to tell you, but IF there were ANY US colleges that were thinking about signing this POS, you can be sure they are in the process of rescinding those invitations right now.

Your boy Papagiannis will have to settle for being a career backup in the Euroleague.

Pure garbage.

The next Sabonis?!

Again...at best, the next Uwe Blab (and really...nope...not even that good.)

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    And you keep spouting nonsense like this...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282976

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309399

I'm sorry to tell you, but IF there were ANY US colleges that were thinking about signing this POS, you can be sure they are in the process of rescinding those invitations right now.

Your boy Papagiannis will have to settle for being a career backup in the Euroleague.

Pure garbage.

The next Sabonis?!

Again...at best, the next Uwe Blab (and really...nope...not even that good.)
    Don't you have a Nazi book burning rally to attend somewhere?

Don't you have a Nazi book burning rally to attend somewhere?

Pretty amazing coming from someone that so vigerously defends Europe.

I am WHITE, and yet, my Top-10 has 9 BLACKS. Oh, and my Top-20 has another four more WHITES.

How about YOUR list, my friend.

Pretty amazing coming from someone that so vigerously defends Europe.

I am WHITE, and yet, my Top-10 has 9 BLACKS. Oh, and my Top-20 has another four more WHITES.

How about YOUR list, my friend.

Not a racist. A realist.

Euroleague=Trash.

And when we do send our rejects to Euroleague, they win MVPs and titles.

All hail the God of Euroleague...the great Anthony Parker.

Not a racist.

Not a racist. A realist.

Euroleague=Trash.

And when we do send our rejects to Euroleague, they win MVPs and titles.

All hail the God of Euroleague...the great Anthony Parker.

Man shut the **** up.
    Argue with Euroleague on private messages.
    I'm tired of your bullshits, create a random thread and chat with them.. I don't want to read all that shit that you write in every international thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Man shut the **** up.
    Argue with Euroleague on private messages.
    I'm tired of your bullshits, create a random thread and chat with them.. I don't want to read all that shit that you write in every international thread.
    Look, I do apologize to those here that really have an interest in these "tournaments." Good for you.

Now, here is my take.

These are 19 year-old and younger...some being 17, I believe, and perhaps even younger.

Guess what? Who really cares?

If I told you that Shaq was not even considered the best center on his own team when he arrived at LSU, you would probably laugh me off this forum. The reality was, Dale Brown actually believed Stanley Roberts was the better player. And you know what? He was. In their scrimmages, Roberts routinely outplayed Shaq. And yet, less than two years later, and before he even left LSU, Shaq was already a top-5 center...in the WORLD.

Look up the name Johnny Neumann when you get a chance. The man had a college season of 40 ppg. Some were even comparing him to Pistol Pete. And yet, he was basically a bust in the ABA. As was Rick Mount.

And how about Tyler Hansborough? He was winning CPOY of the year, and breaking school records. Then, we realized...he can't shoot, dribble, rebound, pass, or defend. His best assets...he can take a charge, and get in fights with the other team's better players. Basically worthless.

So, these "world" tournaments are basically meaningless. Hell, we seldom even send our best players, and on top of that, we don't even KNOW who are best players really are.

And this clown Euroleague inundates this forum with nonsensical topics such as Papagiannis is going to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft. Granted, he is only 18...and like Shaq...who really knows. But, please don't make these topics as FACT.

And I know that I have been brutal on the "Euro's" There have been several great, or at least potentially great players from Europe. Dirk, is probably Top-20 all-time in the NBA. And other's like the Gasols...well at last Pau...very good. One of my favorite players growing up was Swen Nater. Look him up. He was a backup behind Walton at UCLA, and went on to have an outstanding pro career.

And Sabonis? I think a healthy Sabonis would have had the potential to be a Top-15 all-time NBA center. In any case, this guy was outplaying guys like Sampson. And he and Robinson basically battled to draws...albeit, Robinson developed into a much better player than he was then.

And the rest of the world has provided the NBA with many good, to average, to below-average players. But, I have long maintained that those "average and below" players could just as easily be filled by US D-Leaguers and some college talent.

But let's not act like the rest of the world has given us their Shaq's, Kareem's, Magic's, Bird's, Wilt's, and MJ's. They haven't. PERIOD. And while I don't consider Hakeem even close to those levels, the reality was, it was the US that developed him. Same with Ewing. And Duncan not only developed his game in the US, he was from the US Virgin Islands.

And yet we have this POS constantly make topics about just how great Euroleague is. And just how great players like Papagiannis are. Oh, and for some strange reason he honestly believes that Spanoulis is a world-class player. The reality...he was a complete bust in the NBA.

So, once again I apologize to those that actually enjoy these topics, and I will try to refrain from making a mockery of them again. But hopefully Euroleague does the same.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 07-05-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Look, I do apologize to those here that really have an interest in these "tournaments." Good for you.

Now, here is my take.

These are 19 year-old and younger...some being 17, I believe, and perhaps even younger.

If I told you that Shaq was not even considered the best center on his own team when he arrived at LSU, you would probably laugh me off this forum. The reality was, Dale Brown actually believed Stanley Roberts was the better player. And you know what? He was. In their scrimmages, Roberts routinely outplayed Shaq. And yet, less than two years later, and before he even left LSU, Shaq was already a top-5 center...in the WORLD.

Look up the name Johnny Neumann when you get a chance. The man had a college season of 40 ppg. Some were even comparing him to Pistol Pete. And yet, he was basically a bust in the ABA. As was Rick Mount.

And how about Tyler Hansborough? He was winning CPOY of the year, and breaking school records. Then, we realized...he can't shoot, dribble, rebound, pass, or defend. His best assets...he can take a charge, and get in fights with the other team's better players. Basically worthless.

So, these "world" tournaments are basically meaningless. Hell, we seldom even send our best players, and on top of that, we don't even KNOW who are best players really are.

And this clown Euroleague inundates this forum with nonsensical topics such as Papagiannis is going to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft. Granted, he is only 18...and like Shaq...who really knows. But, please don't make these topics as FACT.

And I know that I have been brutal on the "Euro's" There have been several great, or at least potentially great players from Europe. Dirk, is probably Top-20 all-time in the NBA. And other's like the Gasols...well at last Pau...very good. One of my favorite players growing up was Swen Nater. Look him up. He was a backup behind Walton at UCLA, and went on to have an outstanding pro career.

And Sabonis? I think a healthy Sabonis would have had the potential to be a Top-15 all-time NBA center. In any case, this guy was outplaying guys like Sampson. And he and Robinson basically battled to draws...albeit, Robinson developed into a much better player than he was then.

And the rest of the world has provided the NBA with many good, to average, to below-average players. But, I have long maintained that those "average and below" players could just as easily be filled by US D-Leaguers and some college talent.

But let's not act like the rest of the world has given us their Shaq's, Kareem's, Magic's, Bird's, Wilt's, and MJ's. They haven't. PERIOD. And while I don't consider Hakeem even close to those levels, the reality was, it was the US that developed him. Same with Ewing. And Duncan not only developed his game in the US, he was from the US Virgin Islands.

And yet we have this POS constantly make topics about just how great Euroleague is. And just how great players like Papagiannis are. Oh, and for some strange reason he honestly believes that Spanoulis is a world-class player. The reality...he was a complete bust in the NBA.

So, once again I apologize to those that actually enjoy these topics, and I will try to refrain from making a mockery of them again. But hopefully Euroleague does the same.
    Be kinder, Laz.

Not one thing you said above isn't true, but I like watching international basketball(well this one I missed), especially among the men's senior level. It's not because they are necessarily better than Americans, but due to the contrast in styles, the difference in schools of thought on how the game should be played, the collision of basketball worlds,and the more fundamental style internationals use, which is kind of a throwback really.

But yeah, not this tournament, but the last Fiba worlds showed how much more dominant US hoops have become over the rest of the world after a bit of a period when parity seemed to be inevitable from 2000-2006.

Last year's tournament, played without Durant or Lebron, but with Kyrie and Steph showed how far internationals need to reach for full parity.
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 07-05-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Be kinder, Laz.

Not one thing you said above isn't true, but I like watching international basketball(well this one I missed), especially among the men's senior level. It's not because they are necessarily better than Americans, but due to the contrast in styles, the difference in schools of thought on how the game should be played, the collision of basketball worlds, and the more fundamental style internationals use, which is kind of a throwback really.

But yeah, not this tournament, but the last Fiba worlds showed how much more dominant US hoops have become over the rest of the world after a bit of a period when parity seemed to be inevitable from 2000-2006.

Last year's tournament, played without Durant or Lebron, but with Kyrie and Steph showed how far internationals need to reach for full parity.
    I will try.

And good post.

Now, here is my take.

Man, look i don't care about your beef with him.
    I get why people do that and i get sometimes why he does that too with you guys.

But i don't really want to read that "blablabla american rejects", "blablabla minor league", "blablabla we got money and athleticism", "blablabla we always win".

I like basketball, pure and simple.
    You put me to watch an under16 game between Guatemala and Jamaica and i will watch because i like the complexity variances between every single game that i watch.
    If you like basketball like i (and certainly more people do) you will get it.
    You have to respect that we are the guys that wake up at 3am to watch NBA and we watch euro basketball at 6pm and we don't care what the level is, it's basketball and we don't need to downgrade the others to make us feel good like most of you do (or troll, or whatever).

Basketball will always have various levels but finding joy watching them it's what makes you a basketball fan.
    And you certainly have to agree with me that the gap of talent between the US and most of world is decreasing, even if it's just a little bit.

I know you didn't watch a single game of this competition.
    But i can name you at least 20 players non-US that the u19 US coach would like to have the opportunity to work with, because the talent is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Man, look i don't care about your beef with him.
    I get why people do that and i get sometimes why he does that too with you guys.

But i don't really want to read that "blablabla american rejects", "blablabla minor league", "blablabla we got money and athleticism", "blablabla we always win".

I like basketball, pure and simple.
    You put me to watch an under16 game between Guatemala and Jamaica and i will watch because i like the complexity variances between every single game that i watch.
    If you like basketball like i (and certainly more people do) you will get it.
    You have to respect that we are the guys that wake up at 3am to watch NBA and we watch euro basketball at 6pm and we don't care what the level is, it's basketball and we don't need to downgrade the others to make us feel good like most of you do (or troll, or whatever).

Basketball will always have various levels but finding joy watching them it's what makes you a basketball fan.
    And you certainly have to agree with me that the gap of talent between the US and most of world is decreasing, even if it's just a little bit.

I know you didn't watch a single game of this competition.
    But i can name you at least 20 players non-US that the u19 US coach would like to have the opportunity to work with, because the talent is there.

Do you want me to name you the guys?
    I certainly can do that and it would be true.

Do you think that some of the top youth european players playing in the NCAA would get all the hype like most of americans do?
    I'm going to give you an example. Alonzo Trier, big time player according to most of the recruit websites. He was a non-factor in every tournament, yet.. he's hyped a lot.
    Do you know who Nik Slavica is? I can say that we would thrive playing NCAA and getting ready for NBA and he's not even top3 in his team.

We all know that US has a TREMENDOUS pool of talent, but your youth system totally sucks comparing to Europe in terms of competitions and trainning style.

Now, here is my take.