Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship Finals USA vs Croatia Game Thread

I think you can watch it here if you are interested
    http://www.livebasketball.tv/

What do you think, does Croatia stand a chance? They are missing some of the key players so i think it's a big thing they even came this far but there's always a chance. USA is the best team i'd say but the difference between them and the other teams is not so big as it is with senior squads.

Players to watch on Croatian side.

Ivica Zubac 7'1'' center 2 years younger than his competition, big and strong, really plays well, has like 80% fg in the last couple of games.

Marko Arapovic. Big guy that can really shoot, but i think he relies too much on that aspect of his game so he had games where he shot something like 3-15 but if he gets it going he can really decide games.

Luka Bozic. 6'5'' SF, really versatile, nice shot, playing it cool, really like his game

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship Finals USA vs Croatia Game Thread

i will watch the game,who is the best player from usa;
    and do you think anyone from usa team will be a star in the nba;

Probably doesn't matter anyway...

If the USA had decided to send their more talented players, this would have been a cakewalk.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleas
    i will watch the game,who is the best player from usa;
    and do you think anyone from usa team will be a star in the nba;
    Brunson is clearly their best player, really looks mature and a level above others but i don't think he'll ever be a star in the NBA. He may have a nice college career but that should be it. Tatum and Giles have bigger potential, they could be something more but it's really early to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Probably doesn't matter anyway...

If the USA had decided to send their more talented players, this would have been a cakewalk.
    It's Croatia's 2nd team.

USA only beat Greece's 2nd team in the semifinals because they missed a bunch of free throws down the stretch.

And according to USA Basketball and their coaching staff, these are 12 of the 16 USA best players in the entire nation, as performed over a 3 month competition.

Brunson is their best player but i have the impression that he's not going to develop a lot more, it's weird to see but his game is "too much mature" for his age. Just an impression.

I like Jason Tantum, i think he has tremendous potential.
    Harry Giles is well rounded, lots of ofensive skills but lacks something.. maybe getting a lot stronger? I still don't get if he's a 3 or a 4.

Arapovic still is the best player on the court, tremendous talent. Just a lil bit off in the first half.
    Slavica is very very intriguing, athleticism off the charts. I see so many similarities with Hezonja, even when he pull from 3. (Even tho Hezonja was way more mature at this stage).

What - a - game!

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    What - a - game!
    i missed the second half, i only tuned in for the last couple seconds of the 4th

what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i missed the second half, i only tuned in for the last couple seconds of the 4th

what happened?
    Croatia lost their best player in Arapovic because of the foul trouble.
    Slavica and Bozic took the game and made them go to overtime!

In the overtime USA defense suffocated Croatia and it's a 10 point game with 1.17s left

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    It's Croatia's 2nd team.

USA only beat Greece's 2nd team in the semifinals because they missed a bunch of free throws down the stretch.

And according to USA Basketball and their coaching staff, these are 12 of the 16 USA best players in the entire nation, as performed over a 3 month competition.
    Yawn.

Another gold medal for USA men's basketball in international play. Just another day at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yawn.

Another gold medal for USA men's basketball in international play. Just another day at the office.
    Just truly laughable. We even send our second-tier players over there, and they STILL romp to a title.

I think FIBA needs to set-up "USA" rules to even things out. Like the USA can only play four players at a time. And every made FG only counts for 1 point, etc.

Oh, and to make the rest of the world happy..make it like our Tee-Ball leagues...where everyone wins a trophy.

Just truly laughable. We even send our second-tier players over there, and they STILL romp to a title.

I think FIBA needs to set-up "USA" rules to even things out. Like the USA can only play four players at a time. And every made FG only counts for 1 point, etc.

Oh, and to make the rest of the world happy..make it like our Tee-Ball leagues...where everyone wins a trophy.
    USA best players beat the other team's 2nd teams with half their players missing and injured.

And BARELY beat them.

What was funny was how even the AMERICAN announcers after the games were saying how Greece and Croatia had as good or better players than USA did........

you guys didnt even watch the game, why do you care to discuss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    USA best players beat the other team's 2nd teams with half their players missing and injured.

And BARELY beat them.

What was funny was how even the AMERICAN announcers after the games were saying how Greece and Croatia had as good or better players than USA did........

Keep telling yourself that.

REALITY...USA >>>>> the rest of the world.

Good college starter

Minor league like Euroleague has a rule that limit a number of Americans in a team.