Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The Future Of The Nba After TV Mega Deal Has Expired Looks Real Real Bad

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    lol Bless, you're too smart to be having a conversation with knicksman. It's like trying to sell half eights. Too much effort with little profit.
    Says the 2/6 stan

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The Future Of The Nba After TV Mega Deal Has Expired Looks Real Real Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Word.

Football is more of a team sport.

Niggahs wear helmets. On the bench half the time.

Basketball needs superstOars to carry the league. Why THE AVERAGE fan tunes in.

Football is FAR MORE exciting to the average sports fan because it just is.

People like violence. People like gladiators. People like watching men try to kill each other. It's deep rooted bruh.

3 times bruh. The TV companies just paid 3 times as much. Players salaries are going to SKY ROCKET. After this deal, the players will want the same , but without growth, three times the growth , as a business, why would you pay MORE for a product that is lacking in what the people want to see- bonafied superstOars that 14 year old girls from Des Moines Iowa could recognize.

Three time g. Do the maf what a company gotta to do to keep wanting to invest MORE money and keep growin.
    If you really know business bro esp sports business, you would realize that team sport>tennis or baseball(not a team sport). Theres a reason why we had the highest rating since jordan coz people now having hope that silver is different than stern when the spurs(playing the best team ball) won instead of rigging games to make kobe/bran the next jordan. Believe me bro, fans want beatiful plays and not superstars. Soccer doesnt have the gladiator style of nfl but its the most popular sport in the world and the only thing common between them? Its team play. If the league was really better during stern, the league wouldnt be in red.

just go the NFL route and make it illegal to play any semblance of defense, and throw in a few interference calls to sway the end of close games.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    If you really know business bro esp sports business, you would realize that team sport>tennis or baseball(not a team sport). Theres a reason why we had the highest rating since jordan coz people now having hope that silver is different than stern when the spurs(playing the best team ball) won instead of rigging games to make kobe/bran the next jordan. Believe me bro, fans want beatiful plays and not superstars. Soccer doesnt have the gladiator style of nfl but its the most popular sport in the world and the only thing common between them? Its team play. If the league was really better during stern, the league wouldnt be in red.

Bwahahahahahahahaga

My stomach. My stomach.

You can't be serious.

Check the value of teams from 84 then when stern left.

Are you on acid ?

Players salaries.

Soccer?

Wtf is that?

This America. Tnt and abc/ESPN don't give a fucc bout soccer. Americans don't give a fucc bout soccer.

RATINGS WERE HIGH BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS WATCHING TO SEE IF BRON COULD WIN A RING IN HIS HOMETOWN.

Shit for brains.

You REALLY think the casual fan woulda tuned in to see the great team ball of the hawks vs warriors?

Swear. You people need to take your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    yup that;s the main point, the NFL doesn't have to depend on individuals stars

My mom was only interested in the NBA Finals because of LEBRON
    EXACTLY.

That's what I mean.

Lebron is a got Damn world wide HOUSEHOULD name.

In 10 years, who? Who will have the whole package.

The out of this world, super hyped, and lived up to the hype just like magic bird Jordan Shaq Kobe and bron did.

AND THEN MAKE 3 TIMES THE RATINGS/money???!!!!!????!!????

National High School Star

EXACTLY.

That's what I mean.

The out of this world, super hyped, and lived up to the hype just like magic bird Jordan Shaq Kobe and bron did.

That's why I kept saying it was important for the Cavs to reach the Finals because if not it would have been no one to root against LOL

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

You REALLY think the casual fan woulda tuned in to see the great team ball of the hawks vs warriors?
    That's happened before..Detroit versus spurs. League just made some new rules to get excitement back up.. Kickstarted wade nash and Bron along with many other average all star level perimeter players.. sprung durant with a lot of superstar treatment along with harden after kobe bron rivalry ran out.. they'll always have someone new to anoint and a story to push.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    That's happened before..Detroit versus spurs. League just made some new rules to get excitement back up.. Kickstarted wade nash and Bron along with many other average all star level perimeter players.. sprung durant with a lot of superstar treatment along with harden after kobe bron rivalry ran out.. they'll always have someone new to anoint and a story to push.

Did u just compare the goofy a$$ hawks team of 2015 and 2015 warriors to

The 2005 Pistons and spurs????????????????????????????????

Come on Dude, NO COMPARISON

You had big ben, rasheed wallace, billups. hamilton, prince vs parker, duncan, ginobli

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    Did u just compare the goofy a$$ hawks team of 2015 and 2015 warriors to

The 2005 Pistons and spurs????????????????????????????????

Come on Dude, NO COMPARISON

You had big ben, rasheed wallace, billups. hamilton, prince vs parker, duncan, ginobli
    I'm saying it was two "team ball" teams playing.. although GS and hawks are even more exciting than that since they can at least go on offensive sprees.

EXACTLY.

That's what I mean.

And then you have those who want the possibility of a Memphis vs. Spurs Finals because "the top 16 teams should be in the playoffs!!!!!!"

I'm sure that would draw greaaaaaaat ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    And then you have those who want the possibility of a Memphis vs. Spurs Finals because "the top 16 teams should be in the playoffs!!!!!!"

I'm sure that's going to draw greaaaaaaat ratings
    Memphis would never make the finals in that format. it'd be something like spurs-cavs, okc-GS and then some combo of the winner which would be amazing either way and make for better conference finals.

I'm saying it was two "team ball" teams playing.. although GS and hawks are even more exciting than that since they can at least go on offensive sprees.
    the hawks and warriors are more appealing than the 2005 pistons and spurs?

cancel your internet service

3-time NBA All-Star

Bwahahahahahahahaga

My stomach. My stomach.

You can't be serious.

Check the value of teams from 84 then when stern left.

Are you on acid ?

Players salaries.

Soccer?

Wtf is that?

This America. Tnt and abc/ESPN don't give a fucc bout soccer. Americans don't give a fucc bout soccer.

RATINGS WERE HIGH BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS WATCHING TO SEE IF BRON COULD WIN A RING IN HIS HOMETOWN.

Shit for brains.

Swear. You people need to take your meds.
    Lol. Because soccer in america isnt as good in europe. You dont know business bro if you think star driven league is good for nba. Soccer earns the highest in the world and nfl in US yet somehow a genius like you thinks sterns way is better. And Finals ratings before stern is better than before he retired.lol and ratings dipped once stern tried to create another jordan aka what you wanted, "superstars league". So stfu bro. Youre dumb

Messi made $71 Million last year. Soccer players make grown man money. You can't discredit that just because the game isn't as popular here, those guys get PAID

Memphis would never make the finals in that format. it'd be something like spurs-cavs, okc-GS and then some combo of the winner which would be amazing either way and make for better conference finals.
    2 West teams...just like 2 East teams, in the Finals, would be horrible for ratings......that's what I was getting at.