Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Does Lebron really make his teammates better? Varejao?

"Making teammates better"= The most overused, subjective, and annoying phrase in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Varejao was always a great rebounder, but his career high rpg right now is a combination result of career high in minutes and career low in rebounding help around him.... his ppg is also a result of minutes, offensive rebounds and career low in scoring help around him (Kyrie aint playing either)...
    Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    I wrote him the same thing 2 times. You think he will understand after third time?
    this is basically saying, if he makes the allstar team this year, back then he's always played at an all-star level. He just didn't have the stats due to not playing enough time. So basically in Cleveland Lebron always had an unrecognized all star rebounding machine.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Varajao is doing much better on boards due to his increased minutes and the lack of rebounders around him. However I will say one elephant in the room in spite of OP getting thrashed... Lebron failed to recognize and capitolize on the effective P&R game Varajao has. Varajao + Kyrie on the P&R has been awesome, and Varajao was not utilized this way in the Lebron era despite Lebron's reputation as some genius playmaker. Kyrie has breathed new life into Varajao as an offensive tool - he exploited an ability he had that Lebron never recognized.
    Uh, what? Lebron ran tons of PnR with Varejao, especially in the '09-'10 season. Don't know what you're talking about here.

5-time NBA All-Star

Since Lebron left, Varejao hasn't hit his career FG%. He's played a lot more and has been featured while being in his prime now. He better do better in the other areas. I know Z and Shaq speak greatly of Lebron. Boozer was vastly overpaid, overated because people remember the Lebron days. Boozer is mediocore but has had max contracts and never lived up to his expections without Lebron. If you read these boards, the Cavs didn't really have a system where players could win in. The coach was so backward that its amazing Lebron did well in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    Varejao is getting those numbers because he is playing more. Per 36 minutes he was double double almost every year in Cavs. Guy is playing almost 36 minutes per game this year. 10 minutes more in average than when Lebron was there.

And you are really expecting all three of them to have superstar numbers on one team? There is one basketball you know. Lebron's impact can be seen on players like Chalmers, Battier, Allen etc.
    Allen was a good player before he joined the Celtics, last time I checked he was the best 3 point shooter in history. Battier was solid when he was in Memphis and the Rockets. Chalmers just got better as he got more expereienced, or are you telling me that he got to be a good 3 point shooter because Lebron taught him?

Lebron is what he is, he is a Kobe/Mj type, a slasher who is a really good passer, is just that in his case he seems to be a more willing passer than MJ and specially Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    So why can't they win any games without Lebron with all that talent you claim they had/have?
    Because they don't play together anymore? This off the top of my head:

M. Williams is in the Jazz
    Jamison is in the Lakers
    Big Z is retired
    Hickson is in the Blazers

Varejao and Boobie Gibson are on the Cavs with new personnel.

Also the same year Lebron left the Cavs were playing good until the important players in their roster got injured; Williams, Jamison and Varejao. Of course you wouldn't know that because you are a fanboy blinded by Lebron c0ck luminescence.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    because they played in a system that was customized for lebron, they adapted their roles for him. once lebron left, the SYSTEM broke.

they also didn't win because they lost so many personnel, the team was gutted. they didn't lose lebron, they lost the central gear to their team. When you spend the last 7 years building your team around 1 player and he leaves suddenly.. it's going to take you a season or 2 to adjust.

Verajao was a rebounding, hustling machine who is an EXCELLENT player that every team would love to have. In the lebron system it seems like he has no skills and can only hustle. there's really no way another player can shine if they play in the same team as lebron, unless they're a shooter.
    So hes been gone for a while now. Why are they still shit and not adjusted?
    Team was gutted? Who exactly left? Shaq and Delonte West? Well they were a 60+ win team without Shaq. So are you saying that Delonte was making up the rest of the wins?
    What a gutted team.

Maybe they were just shite, and Lebron actually made them look good.

So hes been gone for a while now. Why are they still shit and not adjusted?
    Team was gutted? Who exactly left? Shaq and Delonte West? Well they were a 60+ win team without Shaq. So are you saying that Delonte was making up the rest of the wins?
    What a gutted team.

Maybe they were just shite, and Lebron actually made them look good.
    read the post above.

anyone who attributes Cavs post-Lebron's record as a compliment to Lebron is basically a dumbass who never followed the nba back then, and post just to say anything in positive of Lebron. ANYTHING, to make him look good. even ignoring such talent as Verajao.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Because they don't play together anymore? This off the top of my head:

M. Williams is in the Jazz
    Jamison is in the Lakers
    Big Z is retired
    Hickson is in the Blazers

Varejao and Boobie Gibson are on the Cavs with new personnel.

Also the same year Lebron left the Cavs were playing good until the important players in their roster got injured; Williams, Jamison and Varejao. Of course you wouldn't know that because you are a fanboy blinded by Lebron c0ck luminescence.
    You know how you know you're a shit poster on here? When nobody actually knows what team you go for, because all you do is criticize one player. You fall into that category. You are utter trash. You must be depressed as hell if you only come here to vent.

read the post above.

anyone who attributes Cavs post-Lebron's record as a compliment to Lebron is basically a dumbass who never followed the nba back then, and post just to say anything in positive of Lebron. ANYTHING, to make him look good. even ignoring such talent as Verajao.
    Well here is an ultimatum too.

Anyone who posts shit about Andy V being a stud on a 3-12 team is a dumbass.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Lebron taught Varejao well. Turned him into an all star after all these years. Finally put all the tools together that Lebron taught him.

Lebron da GOAT! Is it possible for him to get COTY as well guys? He deserves it after turning a scrub like Varejao into a decent player. GOAT player and coach.
    LOL! you sound like a Kobe rider... wait. What?

Well here is an ultimatum too.

Anyone who posts shit about Andy V being a stud on a 3-12 team is a dumbass.
    I think people all over the NBA will recognize Andy V as a stud, regardless of his team's record. It's not his fault. Do you think anyone playing on a shiit team can easily get tons of good stats? Don't let your love for lebron blind you, and hate on any success achieved by a ex lebron-cav teammate.

Recognize his talent man, I think it's likely coaches will vote him in for the ASG this year.l

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito

Lies..I'll post the stats later.They were go awful while many of those ex Lebron teammates were still playing. They fell off right after the first game Lebron had when he returned to drop 38 points.

I think people all over the NBA will recognize Andy V as a stud, regardless of his team's record. It's not his fault. Do you think anyone playing on a shiit team can easily get tons of good stats? Don't let your love for lebron blind you, and hate on any success achieved by a ex lebron-cav teammate.

Recognize his talent man, I think it's likely coaches will vote him in for the ASG this year.l

Most people knew about it already. They just don't take the time to conjure it up in a way to degrade another player.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

no he doesnt and never has....i hate the term make players better. James has never helped to increase the production of a player he has played with. Infact his ball dominant style does the opposite. Its difficult for other players to be productive outside of catching and shooting playing with lebron. James makes his TEAM better in its totality due to his presence but he doesnt make any one individual on the team better, he infact hinders their production
    Last edited by I.R.Beast; 11-28-2012 at 12:44 AM.