Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What should GS do about David Lee?

I would have to see how this works out but I know for a fact that teams need post scorers to win titles. Lee is the Warriors' best option for it.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Healthy Bogut and injured Lee: WCF

Healthy Lee and injured Bogut: First round fodder.

A potential 20/10 guy with very little impact on the floor.
    ISH translation-he's a white player

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ph7by9w

i just found lee's new home in brooklynn

He'd be a great fit in Atlanta if we could get a decent deal. IDK what we'd trade though.

Quote Originally Posted by 3peated
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ph7by9w

i just found lee's new home in brooklynn
    So basically we aint getting shit back

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    So basically we aint getting shit back
    basically ur just getting a championship and saving money for next season.

Trade him for a Center that would actually be on the floor. Bogut cannot be relied upon to be healthy. They need a Center badly. a defensive-minded Center.

Draymond is doing well no doubt. But ultimately, I see him as a starting SF in the L. I think he can be a 15 point-4 assist-7 rebound SF. He's playing often out of position at PF. That will be exposed in the playoffs. That's why Lee ultimately over time is a better fit at PF than Dray. Lee is a natural PF who is a 20-10 All Star PF. But Dray is not the long term answer at PF. If anything going forward, they need to decide between Dray and Barnes on who will be the SF of the future. Green has proven he's a legit starter in the league.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I think Green benefits from the fact that he is playing PF. Saw the same thing with Barnes his rookie year when he had to play PF. I don't think he would look quite as effective in a traditional lineup (Steph/Klay/Green/Lee/Bogut). Less spacing, more capable defenders on the perimeter, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    I think Green benefits from the fact that he is playing PF. Saw the same thing with Barnes his rookie year when he had to play PF. I don't think he would look quite as effective in a traditional lineup (Steph/Klay/Green/Lee/Bogut). Less spacing, more capable defenders on the perimeter, etc...
    But defensively in the playoffs, Dray is gonna get exposed by Blake, Davis, LaMarcus, Zach, Duncan, etc. Offensively sure he fits in well. And can defend some PF's effectively. But Randolph just exposed him the other night. Avery Johnson talked about this very thing the other night on EPSN. Dray is not like a peak Marion, Rodman, or Lebron that can that can play bigger than their height or size at the PF. I feel he will get exposed at the PF position in the playoffs.

Not saying Golden State couldn't go far in spite of that. But to say Dray is the future PF for Golden State, I would pump my brakes on that. Green and Barnes (especially Barnes) are best off at SF as their primary position in general. On many other teams, they would be mostly or even only SF's. They play PF in Golden State more often because of the makeup of the team. They have a lot of perimeter guys, so to get EVERYBODY on the floor, Dray and Barnes have to play PF more often.
    Last edited by bizil; 12-19-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    2014-15, with healthy Bogut.

4/4 in series predictions since joining ISH. You have no other choice but to take what I say as gospel.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Green strikes me as a Diaw type player. You can plug him at the 3/4 and even 5 on occasion (which he was playing last night). You just can't do it against every team, however, with a good coach you can create a mismatch hell. Again, very much like how Pop was using Diaw the last couple seasons.

I agree that I wouldn't want him checking the Aldridge and Duncan players of the world. I actually think he plays pretty well against Blake, but that's probably just a matchup thing since Blake can get frustrated when you get physical.

imo all the pieces are already there. As long as Kerr can figure out how to use them and the pieces are willing to be flexible, there shouldn't be a problem. Go big when you have to go big, go small when you can create a mismatch, and what not. The only ones who should be starting all the time are Curry, Klay, and Bogut. Move in Barnes, Green, Lee, and Iguodala depending on the matchup.

That's just what I would do tho.

KG for Lee sounds like a decent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Green strikes me as a Diaw type player. You can plug him at the 3/4 and even 5 on occasion (which he was playing last night). You just can't do it against every team, however, with a good coach you can create a mismatch hell. Again, very much like how Pop was using Diaw the last couple seasons.

I agree that I wouldn't want him checking the Aldridge and Duncan players of the world. I actually think he plays pretty well against Blake, but that's probably just a matchup thing since Blake can get frustrated when you get physical.

imo all the pieces are already there. As long as Kerr can figure out how to use them and the pieces are willing to be flexible, there shouldn't be a problem. Go big when you have to go big, go small when you can create a mismatch, and what not. The only ones who should be starting all the time are Curry, Klay, and Bogut. Move in Barnes, Green, Lee, and Iguodala depending on the matchup.

That's just what I would do tho.
    Well said! Dray can create mismatches on the other end as well. And he does good at PF don't get me wrong. But many people say Dray should be the long term PF of Golden State. I just don't see that. But I agree with u and feel they for sure can mix and match depending on the lineup.

But when Dray becomes a free agent, will he be content to possibly be an off the bench utility guy? Or a guy who shuffles constantly between positions splitting minutes with Barnes and Iggy? He's proven that he can be a legit starter in the NBA for sure at this point. So it will be interesting to see what happens.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    KG for Lee sounds like a decent deal.
    Is KG still a good defender?