Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Dwyane Wade career fta: 8.3, Kobe Bryant career fta: 7.6

Wade is the poster boy for the modern NBA. His performance in the 2006 Finals changed the game forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    How come his prime was so short lived in comparison to Kobe?
    Probably largely because he's been missing a meniscus in his knee since college.

If you damage the meniscus now, they repair it rather than removing it; by removing it you miss less time, but it shortens your career (why do you think guys miss whole seasons just to repair a meniscus?). His knees are shot because there's no padding there, not because he didn't shoot lots of jumpshots.

This really doesn't have very much to do with 'playstyle' - Wade still has a great game despite very limited athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    lol

Kobe's career average from 10-16 feet is as good as Wade's career high and he does it on much higher volume.
    Funnily enough, Wade's career FG% is better than Kobe has ever shot in a season. Hell, even in a playoff run.

Hell, lets take it a step further. Wade's FG% for his career is better than Kobe has ever shot in a finals game in the last 10 years.

Wade's FT rate is .467 vs Kobe's .389

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Wade is the poster boy for the modern NBA. His performance in the 2006 Finals changed the game forever.
    Kobe has a series against Utah with as many free throws in a 6 games series.

No one said shit.

Typical Cuban complaining and making it a topic of discussion. Funnily enough he did it in a post season where his star player, Dirk, broke the record for free throws made in a post season run, and right after a series against SA where a lot of people thought the Spurs were robbed. All of that, conveniently forgotten.

wade easy layups, just in the east the whole career.

maybe top 35 all time. thx to the gathering with a top5 player

d-whistle the whiny easter-conference hero

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    I'm not sure Kobe has been more efficient from midrange...someone look it up! Wade's midrange is underrated!

Just quoting this to give you props on the username Fed is the GOAT and my favourite athlete of all time. Been following his career closely since '02, when he beat Safin in the Hamburg final. Probably seen about 700 of his matches (on TV or online, of course :p)

Anyways people, I'm not a Kobe hater, he's one of my favourite players of this era. AND imo he is absolutely a better player than D-Wade, whom I have mixed feelings for. But it's no surprise D-Wade gets to the line more. Per bball ref, 21% of Kobe's shots have come within 0-3 feet of the rim in his career, compared to 37% for D-Wade. Despite that big difference, Wade converts those at-rim shots at a higher rate too -- 66.1% to 63.4%. Hence, more shooting fouls....even though Kobe coaxes fouls out of his defenders with his pump-fakes, the difference in % of shots at the rim is too much to overcome.

That said, Kobe is definitely more efficient from the mid-range. Better from 10-16 and 16-23 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    [COLOR=Gray]Wade's FT rate is .467 vs Kobe's .389[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]
    Can you guess what Harden's is (despite taking 5 3s a game for his career)? His FTr for 2pt shot attempts must be something like .75+
    [/COLOR]

Kobe has always primarily been a jump shooter.. Kobe fans try to deny this.

FTr (free throw attempts per field goals attempted)
    Kobe: .389
    Wade: .467

/thread

Kobe stan morons saying Wade can't shoot. Yet hes shooting the midrange and 3 ball this year lights out much better than Kobe. Shit, if you idiots even watched a Heat game this year youd see Wade is automatic from 10-16 feet and his post game is crazy. 23 PPG on 53% FG vs Kobes 25 on like 38%

I personally have nothing against Wade .2nd greatest SG of all time behind Kobe.

Local High School Star

wade aggressively attacked the basket more than anyone ive ever seen since jordan. for you kobe kids who reply with, "you've obviously never seen young/prime kobe", what exactly are you trying to say? are you implying that young/prime kobe is on par with jordan and wade as one of the most consistently aggressive attackers ever? if thats the case, then like always, you're full of *hit.

the fact is, wade plays with an attack first mentality and will fall back to his midrange if the lane isnt there. kobe often settles for the jumpshot/fadeaway and occasionally attack if he sees an opening.

like someone else said wade's playstyle = '84-'93 jordan. kobe's playstyle even at his athletic peak = '95-'98 jordan.

so why is their fta so close? beats me. it really doesnt bother me too much. but what gets me is that one is the aggressive attacker gets called out for ref bias while the other who's a jumpshooter gets a pass. shouldnt it be the other way around?

shhhhhhh

Not sure when getting to the line was considered a bad thing but it's not unless you're flopping to get there

Kobe goes to the line .38 per every FG attempt on 83% shooting
    Wade .46 per every FG attempt on 76% shooting

These aren't really stand out numbers nether one of these guys will go down as some icon at the charity stripe Kobe's around 4-6 all time but far behind guys like Malone who made a living at the stripe.. We talked about this last year and I think we figured out Kobe would have to play another 10 years to catch Malone

Not really much to discuss between Kobe and Wade on this topic unless you just want to troll each other

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    ..but...but.."Dwhistle" goes to the line way more than anybody!

He was only the best slasher by far in his younger and prime years (and maybe all time), but he got all the calls! He only averages .7 more fta's than a guy who constantly settled for jumpers over his entire career...but "Dwhistle" is the one who gets all the calls. "Dwhistle" is after all the 36 year old coming off of a career ending injury while averaging the most ft's since he was 29, right?
    So your proof that Wade doesn't get many calls is that he shoots more free throws than Kobe?