Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: So what's up with Cleveland and Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    2. Kyrie Irving never was & never will be a superstar, the guy is essentially a better Mo Williams with flashy handles, not a bad thing, but yea and i dont consider Love a superstar aswell.
    Then explain this.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=259855

Seriously.

"But I'm a non biased, facts only fan"

Shut up bitch.
    You get sonned daily on here, going back on your opinion and doing anything to try and hype Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Then explain this.

Seriously.

Shut up bitch.
    You get sonned daily on here, going back on your opinion and doing anything to try and hype Lebron.
    Damn...

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Then explain this.

Seriously.

Shut up bitch.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Cavs have a very talented but flawed squad. I disagree that Kyrie isn't an all star. He is. He may not be amongst the top five point guards in the game but he is still very good. Same with Love, who was never the best power forward like many claimed but he is amongst the top five power forwards in the game. Their major problem is their defense. Both interior as well as perimeter. Love's defense is horrible and while Kyrie has improved his, its still not enough. They are stacked offensively and once they all gel in properly, they will be gold offensively. But in order to win the championship, you need a balanced squad which is good in both the offense as well as defense. They are getting killed in the paint and you have random guys shooting threes for fun against them.

The likes of Andy Varejao and Dion Waiters are good indivdiual players but they are not the "right" players for that team. With LeBron, Kyrie and Love there, you don't need more players who are good in offense. You need good defensive players who will hustle for you. Replace Andy with a good rim-protector like Biyombo and Dion with a good wing defender and you would see them do much better than what they have done.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Viper
    Cavs have a very talented but flawed squad. I disagree that Kyrie isn't an all star. He is. He may not be amongst the top five point guards in the game but he is still very good. Same with Love, who was never the best power forward like many claimed but he is amongst the top five power forwards in the game. Their major problem is their defense. Both interior as well as perimeter. Love's defense is horrible and while Kyrie has improved his, its still not enough. They are stacked offensively and once they all gel in properly, they will be gold offensively. But in order to win the championship, you need a balanced squad which is good in both the offense as well as defense. They are getting killed in the paint and you have random guys shooting threes for fun against them.

The likes of Andy Varejao and Dion Waiters are good indivdiual players but they are not the "right" players for that team. With LeBron, Kyrie and Love there, you don't need more players who are good in offense. You need good defensive players who will hustle for you. Replace Andy with a good rim-protector like Biyombo and Dion with a good wing defender and you would see them do much better than what they have done.
    its cringe worthy how watching a CLE game. They beast on offense then the very next play down the floor everyone just stands around and lets in an easy layup

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    and you lost all credibility when you said 8, those 6 are "debatable" and really guys like parker and wall, last year, are barely that. cp3 is overrated and curry vs kyrie is simply a matter of coaching and system.

get a clue
    Curry is so much better than Kyrie that it isn't really close.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleDa
    Curry is so much better than Kyrie that it isn't really close.
    yeah, kyrie lacks awareness, Curry can start creating for himself and as soon as he sees a better option he has the awareness and skill to instantly opt out and defer for a better shot, kyrie is all in or nothing when it comes to creating for himself.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

This cleveland team reminds me a lot of the 2011 Miami team. They play very well at times but the consistency isn't there yet. However the huge potential is clearly visible. But I'm not sure how good they can get on the defensive end of the floor. They also lack size under the rim, just like Miami did. When they played OKC a couple of days ago this became very obvious. So I guess they will continue to get abused under the rim by a lot of teams.

They need better defenders. Keep the big 3. Everyone else is tradeable.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

the squad is not "flawed"

it's not simply an interior defense problem either. A rim protector isn't going to magically fix their problems, they still have issues guarding the perimeter.

The problem is Love, Kyrie, and Lebron play L-A-Z-Y.

Lebron throws sloppy passes, Love has been sloppy on the defensive glass, and Kyrie is still trying to find his way.

They don't communicate enough, and they haven't fully bought in. They won't until Lebron will, and I think Lebron is not jiving w/ coach Blatt.

This cavs team plays with 0 intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

it's not simply an interior defense problem either. A rim protector isn't going to magically fix their problems, they still have issues guarding the perimeter.

Lebron throws sloppy passes, Love has been sloppy on the defensive glass, and Kyrie is still trying to find his way.

They don't communicate enough, and they haven't fully bought in. They won't until Lebron will, and I think Lebron is not jiving w/ coach Blatt.

what? i think lebron and kyrie are the only ones giving everything every night. did you see how lebron was looking after love gets raped everytime on the d-end?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

The problem for LeBron is after the last four years where he has gone to the NBA finals each time, it has taken a toll on his body. The minutes don't help either. He can still lock down a guy in the crunch time if the need arises and he has shown it but the issue is doing it consistently. So, that is why you won't see him having the intensity you would have with the old LeBron. Usually you have a set of players in a team compensate for the main man's lack of defensive contribution. With Cavs, they have three.

But, I agree with you that by simply getting a good rim protector and a wing defender, it won't solve all their issues. The first improvement has to come from the team in terms of effort and intensity.

Local High School Star

Then explain this.

Seriously.

Shut up bitch.

As always, 'bron's coasting. He'll wake up after the All Star break like always...

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Imagine what Durant would do with Love and Irving as his teammates. Top seed in the East right now, I guarantee it.

lol your funny..