Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Worst 50+ points games

Quote Originally Posted by barbaroi
    You forget to mention that kobe also had 17 other 50+ point games where he shot over 50%. 2 of those he shot over 70%, and 3 he shot over 60%.
    Kobe's 50+ point games
    You're missing the point of this thread...

Which just goes to show what I, and many others have been saying all along. How many other great scorers could put up similar numbers if they had the kind of greenlight and mentality that Bryant does? Kobe is obviously a great scorer, however as with most of his game that's overrated too.

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    You're missing the point of this thread...
    Haha I understand the point of the thread very well thank you. The fact of the matter is in games over 50 points kobe is averaging 55.6%. There are games above that average and games below that average, but does it really require a thread? I think 55.6% isn't bad at all.

Banned

You forget to mention that kobe also had 17 other 50+ point games where he shot over 50%. 2 of those he shot over 70%, and 3 he shot over 60%.
    Kobe's 50+ point games

Poor, poor logic. A player can't make up for below average shooting games by shooting a really high percentage the next game... it's not like your team gets extra wins because you had a ridiculous game. Throughout Kobe's career, there've been countless games where he's gone on one of his trademark 30 percent shooting on 30 shot attempt tirades and legitimately caused his team to lose. Shooting 70% the next game doesn't make up for that... and this is what you Kobe diehards fail to understand. You're still left with one win and one loss.

Like the guy before me said, I guarantee you there are many, MANY other NBA players who could put up numbers like Kobe if they had the audacity to come in shoot like there's no tommorow.
    Last edited by RonySeikalyFTL; 01-14-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RonySeikalyFTL
    I guarantee you there are many, MANY other NBA players who could put up numbers like Kobe if they had the audacity to come in shoot like there's no tommorow.
    You really think there are "MANY" players who can put up 24 games of 50+ points on greater than 55% shooting? You're being absurd.
    Four of the six so called "bad 50 point games" came in 06 when he had no legitimate 2nd option, and in 3 of the 6 he shot 49% which is not bad at all.
    Last edited by barbaroi; 01-14-2009 at 06:52 PM.

People might not agree but Kobe has matured a lot since since the early 2000's-mid 2000's. the Kobe of today is not that same selfish/chucking volume score he once was, if you don't get that by now then you need to GTFO.

Wow people really go out of their way here don't they?

By no means am I a Kobe fan, he kills Denver. But when you score 50 as much as he does, you are bound to have a few where the shooting %'s are low. Three of those are 48%, is that really THAT bad?

Give me a break. Why can't people just appreciate the talent he has?

What a dumb thread

whats wrong with those stats, why is everyone taking offense, its a fair point, ive seen far greater scrutiny and more padantic attempts by the kobe nut job fans on this site to try and discredit mj.....only they dont have anywhere near the same evidence because no statistical proof exists that would discredit michael.

NBA rookie of the year

You really think there are "MANY" players who can put up 24 games of 50+ points on greater than 55% shooting? You're being absurd.
    Four of the six so called "bad 50 point games" came in 06 when he had no legitimate 2nd option, and in 3 of the 6 he shot 49% which is not bad at all.
    I think he was referring to the 30+ FGA/30-35% shooting nights that Kobe has had pretty frequently in his career. He tends to not score 50 in those games, but more like 36-42 on like 12-33 FG or something

Kobe's 50+ point games

This thread was a Kobe hate thread from the begging . Just Disguised it with a different name

College star

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    LOL @ homers trying to justify it.

Also, Kobe has the dubious distinction of being the only player to ever take 45+ shots and fail to score 50 points, when he scored just 41 points on 47 shots vs. Boston in 2003.

there 16-8 when kobe goes 50+

im sorry but isn't a team supposed to win if a player gets 50 or over.

ballhog bryant

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

16-8 is still good...but 22-2 sounds more like what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    there 16-8 when kobe goes 50+

im sorry but isn't a team supposed to win if a player gets 50 or over.

ballhog bryant
    The Cavs are 1-2 when LeBron has 50+.