Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Giannis Antetokounmpo vs cavs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dzwivCEFE4

Why isn't his nickname Mr Fantastic? Closest thing I've seen to a real life comic book super hero, if you exclude the Rock.

Banned

Default Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo vs cavs

great measurables but prolly the most hyped player despite the lack of actual nba accomplishments. wish him the best though. hope him and parker turn out to be a stud duo for the bucks. that franchise can use some good players.

I love him.

Dude has more than a high ceiling..he has the intensity and drive to work towards it. He and Jabari need to push each other in practice, and they could be the best wing duo in the game in a few years. Can't believe they're both only 19, solid 6-7 years before they enter their primes..

Damn NBA is destroying his whole potential for the Greek national team. Every single time he touched the ball, he would have been called for traveling if that was a FIBA game.

I can't believe he actually grow 1-2 inches in the last year. Dude looks like a super athletic alien out there dunking on fools.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Greatest Greek player of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I can't believe he actually grow 1-2 inches in the last year. Dude looks like a super athletic alien out there dunking on fools.
    He didn't. He's the same height. That's just NBA marketing nonsense. He's just filling out and getting bigger, so he looks bigger. Same thing with Durant.

Looked pretty damn good yesterday. Looking foward to Milwaukee's super huge line up with Parker and Giannis.

random PG/Giannis/Parker/Sanders/Henson lol

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Damn NBA is destroying his whole potential for the Greek national team. Every single time he touched the ball, he would have been called for traveling if that was a FIBA game.
    bitch moar we invented basketball

Why would the officiating of an amateur league matter to the pros in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    bitch moar we invented basketball
    Actually, a Canadian did.

It's not bitching, it's stating a fact. Not a single play in that clip would be legal in FIBA rules. Unless you play for Team USA.

Under FIBA rules, only Team USA gets to be reffed under NBA "travel rules", none of the other teams do. All other teams get reffed under FIBA travel rules.

Every single time he dribbled it would be a carry under FIBA rules. That's going to be just freaking great for the Greek national team.

Every damn thing he learned in the NBA has to be undone for him to even see floor time to contribute at all if Greece wanted to use him for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Why would the officiating of an amateur league matter to the pros in the NBA?
    Usually, "pros" can dribble without carrying the ball. Even when Giannis played in ESKA, the high school regional league in Athens, he could do that. Not anymore though it seems.

NBA Superstar

people way over hype him but yeah he has a ridiculously long body

good nickname tho

Usually, "pros" can dribble without carrying the ball. Even when Giannis played in ESKA, the high school regional league in Athens, he could do that. Not anymore though it seems.
    Once again, you're judging the game based on the officiating of the NBA D-League's European division.

These are professionals, judge them by professional NBA officiating standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Once again, you're judging the game based on the officiating of the NBA D-League's European division.

These are professionals, judge them by professional NBA officiating standards.
    Giannis used to be able to dribble before he came to the NBA. Now he obviously can't.

That's what he learned playing with "professionals".

Maybe he can eventually replace old washed up man Fotsis as a spot up shooter at the power forward spot for 5-10 minutes a game. That's about all he would be good for right now based on the ball handling in that clip, which would be completely failed for any decent level in Europe.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-12-2014 at 04:30 PM.