Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Homeland

This show is ****ing awesome again.

No one wants to see coocoo Carrie again, hope they wrap this up ASAP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    This show is ****ing awesome again.
    If by awesome you means an unmitigated mess, that has lost the ability to write characters consistently and maintain a plausible story..then sure it is..

Local High School Star browntown's Avatar

Oh how this show has fallen. I stopped watching it halfway threw season 3. I was hooked for the first two seasons. It lost its mystic and suspense of whats going to happen next. Oh well, every show has to expire eventually. The key is to end it before it becomes stale.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I am watching it, but it's really mediocre now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by browntown
    Oh how this show has fallen. I stopped watching it halfway threw season 3. I was hooked for the first two seasons. It lost its mystic and suspense of whats going to happen next. Oh well, every show has to expire eventually. The key is to end it before it becomes stale.
    We need you as the comic book draft commissioner.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

She isn't crazy again...she was drugged?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

This show has become almost unbearable. The end of the last episode was just flat out trolling the audience. I was actually looking forward to this reboot. Getting away from Washington. Clearing out the baggage of the Brody relationship. I was even willing to live with the episode one saying goodbye to the baby, as rediculous as it was, just to clear the decks. There's just no consistency in the characters though. Carrie just does so many dumb things that it's almost impossible to believe her as running anything anymore.

It saved itself with the spring from the end of the episode two weeks ago, which marked one of those surprise moments that the show has been so great at when it was working, but it feels like it was a really temporary life saver. Son's of Anarchy has used those big moments as hooks to keep me around through some otherwise mediocre stuff, but on the whole it never got as bad as this from a character standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    She isn't crazy again...she was drugged?
    A. Yes she is*
    B. Yeah, probably.

* You can't cure someone from being bipolar. You can treat it, but it doesn't go away. Even if they didn't dope her pills and just replaced them with harmless powder, she would be having issues.

I don't know if those issues would be so apparent after one missed pill. Or if she would start hallucinating which is why I think she was doped, but anything can happen with this show. I still enjoy the show, but there is no way Carrie would be the station chief in Pakistan, even if she weren't nuts and a history of ****ups. I have put reality aside while watching Homeland. Would the husband of the US Ambassador dine at a sidewalk cafe with the ISI official who is extorting him to comit treason. Probably not. * Especially if she is high enough to meet with the head of the CIA. Would a conservative Pashtun leader connected with the Taliban keep the CIA director in his bedroom as he makes love with his wife behind a tent of veils? Or would he find a nice tidy cell for him?

*by the way in real life, a big ex-diplomat and Pakistani expert just had her security clearances revoking and is being investigated by the FBI.

Definitely drugged. They wouldn't need a pharmacist to compound fluff into gel caps

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    A. Yes she is*
    B. Yeah, probably.

* You can't cure someone from being bipolar. You can treat it, but it doesn't go away. Even if they didn't dope her pills and just replaced them with harmless powder, she would be having issues.

I don't know if those issues would be so apparent after one missed pill. Or if she would start hallucinating which is why I think she was doped, but anything can happen with this show. I still enjoy the show, but there is no way Carrie would be the station chief in Pakistan, even if she weren't nuts and a history of ****ups. I have put reality aside while watching Homeland. Would the husband of the US Ambassador dine at a sidewalk cafe with the ISI official who is extorting him to comit treason. Probably not. * Especially if she is high enough to meet with the head of the CIA. Would a conservative Pashtun leader connected with the Taliban keep the CIA director in his bedroom as he makes love with his wife behind a tent of veils? Or would he find a nice tidy cell for him?

*by the way in real life, a big ex-diplomat and Pakistani expert just had her security clearances revoking and is being investigated by the FBI.

I'm not even that bothered by the ISI official thing, because I've read that as she's a secret backer of the ISI group.

The fact that Carrie is a station manager I've gotten over, but boy that was a tough pill to swallow. They play her off as the smartest guy in the room when she leverages / blackmails the FBI Head into the position, not only knowing that she's nuts, and has a history of **** ups, but she was the public face of what would have to have been the biggest shit show in the history of US politics. It is at this point public knowledge, based on her being dragged in front of the Senate, as a TREASON SUSPECT!! for blowing up the FBI Headquarters!!! It was so difficult to watch that scene and not sprain my neck from shaking my head. The baggage this show has created for itself due to it's constant insistance on eating plot is enormous. And it's gotten to a point where it just disregards the world it's created for itself just to continue devouring plot. And writing off the baby ... at least they cleaned it up. But the other world stuff ... How does he not just say ... "Dude? Didn't you just stand trial for the largest act of treason in the country's history?"

SNL should do a skit of just make believe news skits from the world had the Homeland story ever happened. Carrie Mathieson would be like some combination of OJ, Monica Lewinsky, and 9/11 all rolled into one person. She would be among the 5 most famous and infamous people in the world, and would be completely unable to function in really almost any professional setting, and would have to go into hiding like some Super Casey Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I'm not even that bothered by the ISI official thing, because I've read that as she's a secret backer of the ISI group.

The fact that Carrie is a station manager I've gotten over, but boy that was a tough pill to swallow. They play her off as the smartest guy in the room when she leverages / blackmails the FBI Head into the position, not only knowing that she's nuts, and has a history of **** ups, but she was the public face of what would have to have been the biggest shit show in the history of US politics. It is at this point public knowledge, based on her being dragged in front of the Senate, as a TREASON SUSPECT!! for blowing up the FBI Headquarters!!! It was so difficult to watch that scene and not sprain my neck from shaking my head. The baggage this show has created for itself due to it's constant insistance on eating plot is enormous. And it's gotten to a point where it just disregards the world it's created for itself just to continue devouring plot. And writing off the baby ... at least they cleaned it up. But the other world stuff ... How does he not just say ... "Dude? Didn't you just stand trial for the largest act of treason in the country's history?"

SNL should do a skit of just make believe news skits from the world had the Homeland story ever happened. Carrie Mathieson would be like some combination of OJ, Monica Lewinsky, and 9/11 all rolled into one person. She would be among the 5 most famous and infamous people in the world, and would be completely unable to function in really almost any professional setting, and would have to go into hiding like some Super Casey Anthony.
    So you're saying, it would improbable that she is living in a "CIA safe house?"

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    So you're saying, it would improbable that she is living in a "CIA safe house?"

I'm saying she's an infamously world famous crazy person that the show doesn't seem to want to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I'm saying she's an infamously world famous crazy person that the show doesn't seem to want to admit.
    Agreed. There is ZERO chance she would still be with the CIA after the Langley bombing, let alone be the freaking director at a foreign base.

Either way I'm going to stick with it... it's still better than a lot of shows out currently.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

The show has definitely dropped off from "must-watch" status of the first couple seasons, but it still has its moments and is still lightyears better than most of what's currently on TV.