Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-17-2018, 01:00 AM   #316
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...

Default Re: Oct 16 Celtics vs 76ers Official Game Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
I suspect that the Celtics probably win it all this year. There will not be another team in the league like them defensively and with the depth. Their defense is going to get it done. Their best scorer can be completely absent going 2 for 14 and they don't miss a beat. There are multiple other teams in the league where if the main guy goes 2 for 14, their team is getting blown out. Not the Celtics. They win regardless. They're impressive.

The Sixers have probably regressed with letting Ilyasova and Belinelli. Those two guys were the two guys that made them a deadly shooting team overall and now they're gone, replaced by nothing.
Lol Warriors would wax them.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:06 AM   #317
Ben Simmons 25
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Lol Warriors would wax them.

If Cousins comes back 100% healthy and if he plays 100% within the team and if he gives 100% defensive effort, yes. Otherwise, no.

I suspect you're underestimating the fact that the Warriors haven't been tested by a good defensive team in their entire run... not really. Maybe the best was Houston last year? And Houston pales in comparison to Boston's defense. An argument could be made for San Antonio, but then Kawhi went down. Golden State has waltzed through a ton of teams that don't have it defensively. That's not to say they're not all time great, clearly, they are. I'm simply suggesting that they've yet to be tested by a defensive powerhouse.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:10 AM   #318
fourkicks44
WE WERE RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
I suspect that the Celtics probably win it all this year. There will not be another team in the league like them defensively and with the depth. Their defense is going to get it done. Their best scorer can be completely absent going 2 for 14 and they don't miss a beat. There are multiple other teams in the league where if the main guy goes 2 for 14, their team is getting blown out. Not the Celtics. They win regardless. They're impressive.

The Sixers have probably regressed with letting Ilyasova and Belinelli go. Those two guys were the two guys that made them a deadly shooting team overall and now they're gone, replaced by nothing.

Brown deliberately went for a commitment to more youth over the offseason.

But the simple fact is they have Muscala (who has looked good in preseason) and Chandler essentially as their replacements, both who are injured. So we don't really know yet how that will play out.

I do remember Ersan burntout af in the playoffs against the Celtics and Marco being almost unplayable due to his incapabilities on defense. Wasting cap space on big dollar long term deals on either would be a bad (Colangelo like) move.
fourkicks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:33 AM   #319
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Celts looked alright. Hayward and Kyrie need to shake the rust off.

Yeah, I expect that they'll round into shape as the season wears on; there are definitely some areas where they could mesh a little better. Certainly a more promising start to the season than last year.
MaxFly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:32 AM   #320
SpaceJam
Our Lord & Savior

If Tatum keeps this up Kyrie is gonna want out, he ain't ready to be second fiddle again
SpaceJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #321
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Is every Celtics topic going to have rabid Lebron stans talking shit for Kyrie? Can't you losers do this in the 50 Lebron based topics you create on a daily basis? Maybe we can enjoy the other game threads for once.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #322
Rudeboy3
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkicks44
Brown deliberately went for a commitment to more youth over the offseason.

But the simple fact is they have Muscala (who has looked good in preseason) and Chandler essentially as their replacements, both who are injured. So we don't really know yet how that will play out.

I do remember Ersan burntout af in the playoffs against the Celtics
and Marco being almost unplayable due to his incapabilities on defense. Wasting cap space on big dollar long term deals on either would be a bad (Colangelo like) move.
everyone on the sixers burned out against the celtics i guess ben should be let go to
Rudeboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #323
ronniec
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Is every Celtics topic going to have rabid Lebron stans talking shit for Kyrie? Can't you losers do this in the 50 Lebron based topics you create on a daily basis? Maybe we can enjoy the other game threads for once.

Because the Lebron stans feel so insecure.

Good win last night. That was the progress I want to see from Tatum, Brown, the whole team and the return of Kyrie and Hayward.
Slowly build the momentum and form, and slowing increasing the minutes for Kyrie and Hayward...
NBA finals is not a dream
ronniec is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: