Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    Kobe won two after Horry retired.

They were drafted four years apart, same generation, unless Shaq and Duncan aren't in the same generation or Hakeem and Robinson etc.
    generations are either decades or primes

kobe and horry both shared different ones

horry is a shaq type ( prime 90's and start of 00's )

kobe is a ( entirely prime 00's and played a bit in the 90's )

different generations

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Kobe won two after Horry retired.

They were drafted four years apart, same generation, unless Shaq and Duncan aren't in the same generation or Hakeem and Robinson etc.
    Horry was drafted at 22. Kobe at 18.

Are some of you upset because he didn't lie or something?

Yet still can't satisfy his own wife.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by daily

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Kobe has clearly had more team success than Tim with different groups of players and haters still cling to fantasies instead of acknowledging reality.
    Duncan won titles with three different core's around him and he was the best player on those teams. Kobe it did with one group of players. What do you mean?

How can people seriously question Kobe on these things when he is the standard? Why is the leadership style of somebody who has won less obviously superior?
    Duncan won more as an alpha and never had as bad of a season as Kobe did in 2005 during his prime. Duncan also was never half the reason his team lost a Finals to a lesser opponent or why a dynasty was broken up prematurely.

When is comes to leadership, winning and all-time rankings, Duncan has an edge on Kobe.

There's Horry and Fisher - well, Fisher hasn't won MORE than 5 championships (only equalled Kobe's count) but Horry sure as hell has.

Duncan won more as an alpha and never had as bad of a season as Kobe did in 2005 during his prime. Duncan also was never half the reason his team lost a Finals to a lesser opponent or why a dynasty was broken up prematurely.

When is comes to leadership, winning and all-time rankings, Duncan has an edge on Kobe.
    Kobe had a knee injury that year.... how are you going to use that against him?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    generations are either decades or primes

kobe and horry both shared different ones

horry is a shaq type ( prime 90's and start of 00's )

kobe is a ( entirely prime 00's and played a bit in the 90's )

different generations
    I know it sucks because it doesn't fit your agenda, but here's what generation means:

1: All of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively

2: The average period, generally considered to be about thirty years, during which children grow up and have children of their own.

Kobe and Horry are from the same generation.

Duncan won titles with three different core's around him and he was the best player on those teams. Kobe it did with one group of players. What do you mean?

The fact that Kobe won titles as a non alpha further signifies his ability to lead based on the makeup of the team. Maybe if Duncan had Kobe's leadership the Spurs wouldn't be forever underachieving in the postseason post Duncan losing his best player on the team status.

Banned

kobe was a co-alpha dog on a 2 man team with shaq

you do realise kobe averaged 25/5/5 combined for those 1st 3... and 29/7/6 in the 2001 run

thats as good a line as any mvp

its like kareem and magic... people give them full alpha lead dog credit. it didnt matter who won mvp on a team with more than 1 mega star dominating

nobody even cares that james worthy won finals mvp. it was kareem and magic who got all the credit

IMO .. kobes 7 finals is also allot more impressive than duncans 4 finals

and kobes repeated 3 times in 2001, 2002 and 2010

duncans never done it

player of the decade awards all went to kobe for a reason

dozens of threads end the same way on ish with kobe ahead of duncan

the official vote on ISH even had kobe ahead of duncan

give it a rest bro.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraThunderMan
    “Here’s the thing: Some people are just very, very dumb. I keep hearing it from some people that I just want to score and that other stuff. Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation. I’ve got five of them. You can’t be selfish and win one championship, let alone five. That argument should be in the coffin by now. I don’t like having the ball.”

Please tell me how i quoted him out of context. It says he does not like having the ball when he ran shaq out of los angeles to get more looks and has since then bad mouthed teammates for not deferring to him and just has to make it known that it is 'his team' all the time. How does he 'not like having the ball.'
    CONTEXT! You can post the quote a 1000 times and it won't matter unless you view it within the context of the interview. You refuse to post the question because it makes your anti Kobe agenda clear for all to see. The fact you actually have to make up the part about Shaq is hilarious, Kobe doesn't mention him at all but you add that little extra to spice up your post

here's part of the interview concerning Steve Nash

FROM KOBE BRYANT:

Steve Nash called you before he signed with the Lakers. When you hung up, did you feel like he’d be joining you?:

“I felt like I made the strongest argument that I could possibly make. The rivalries, we talked about that from the beginning. What I said was, ‘Yeah, we’ve had great rivalries, but in those rivalries, we’ve gained so much mutual respect for each other.’ But beyond the rivalries, we came in this league together, same draft. We were kind of the guys that were not really known of in that draft, and look at what we’ve accomplished. So, we kind of have this bond going back to ’96 and we kind of want to carry it on.”

What makes him so good?:

“I think he sees the floor better than most. I don’t know where it comes from. … He sees the game from a facilitating standpoint, the way I see it from a scoring standpoint. I don’t know if it comes from his soccer-playing days, but he just sees so many options out there on the floor, and it’s just so natural for him. It’s going to be fun playing with him.”

On those who say it won’t work because he’ll (Kobe) have the ball less and he just loves to score:

“Here’s the thing: Some people are just very, very dumb. I keep hearing it from some people that I just want to score and that other stuff. Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation. I’ve got five of them. You can’t be selfish and win one championship, let alone five. That argument should be in the coffin by now. I don’t like having the ball.”
    http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...dwight-howard/
    Last edited by daily; 10-03-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    Kobe had a knee injury that year.... how are you going to use that against him?
    He played nearly 70 games. He was no more injured than Duncan in 2004 for example when Tim had issues with his knee, ankle and thigh and eventually developed planter fasc. That's how. It was a bad year from a great player.

The fact that Kobe won titles as a non alpha further signifies his ability to lead based on the makeup of the team.
    How so if he wasn't the one leading those teams to a ring?

Maybe if Duncan had Kobe's leadership the Spurs wouldn't be forever underachieving in the postseason post Duncan losing his best player on the team status.
    You mean when Duncan was older and past his prime?

The fact that Kobe won titles as a non alpha further signifies his ability to lead based on the makeup of the team.
    No it doesn't show anything about his ability to lead as he was not the leader or best player on those teams. He shows how supremely talented he is and that at one point of his career he could keep his ego in check for the sake of winning, but that's it.

Maybe if Duncan had Kobe's leadership the Spurs wouldn't be forever underachieving in the postseason post Duncan losing his best player on the team status.
    You mean like how the Lakers got swept by Dallas and humiliated by the Thunder the last two years?

Duncan's lack of mobility and gas left in the tank, not any sort of lack of leadership is why the Spurs aren't winning titles anymore.