Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Here we go again.....Suns ready to trade Amare Stoudemire!!!!!

I think this is a clear sign the Amare will leave the Suns.

I hope he goes to the Warriors would love to see him play Nelly ball with Ellis.

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yh6e6zw

Amare and Barbosa for Bynum, Farmar, Sasha and Morrison.

Me like.

I also like the Detroit scenario...lets see how this plays out.

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    thats bad for LA imo. The last thing they need is another big that's soft on D.

They get Barbosa for the bench crew though...and Amare>>>Bynum.

heat aren't into taking on more salary until wade signs an extension. cavs are in spend mode, hence the cavs rumors. I doubt stat will wind up on the cavs though.
    No, I don't think you get it.

He's asking why the Suns are giving up Stat for Cleveland's garbage? Both Bucher & Sheridan seem to have favoritism where they give up mediocre players or garbage for all-stars.

Be real with yourself... Phoenix can do much better than Hickson & Z and a 29th-30th pick in the draft.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    No, I don't think you get it.

He's asking why the Suns are giving up Stat for Cleveland's garbage? Both Bucher & Sheridan seem to have favoritism where they give up mediocre players or garbage for all-stars.

Be real with yourself... Phoenix can do much better than Hickson & Z and a 29th-30th pick in the draft.

maybe i misunderstood, i thought it was who was more likely to make the trade. Heat haven't took on any more significant cap space while the cavs have been piling it on. Who the hell knows what the terms of these deals are going to be anyways? Regardless, J.J. is a solid young 20 year old who has shown great potential. I think if the cavs made the deal it would be JJ, Z, and Green/Jawad/Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Heat could take on Stoudamire, extend Wade, and STILL have $8 million left. Plus stat can be an expirer. There is no logic there.

Note: I'm not saying the Cavs have no chance, i just don't get Sheridan's logic that they have MORE chance.
    I don't think the Heat would give up Beasley for Stoudemire. So I don't see anything happening.

But I agree, no team is going to get Stoudemire for junk.

maybe i misunderstood, i thought it was who was more likely to make the trade. Heat haven't took on any more significant cap space while the cavs have been piling it on. Who the hell knows what the terms of these deals are going to be anyways? Regardless, J.J. is a solid young 20 year old who has shown great potential. I think if the cavs made the deal it would be JJ, Z, and Green/Jawad/Jackson.
    Yeah, you are looking at it completely wrong. There are tons of teams lining up to offer garbage, or take advantage in a trade... that doesn't suddenly make the Cavs the most likely trade partner.

The spin Sheridan is trying to put on it is Cleveland is one of the few teams offering garbage that have a high % chance of re-signing Stat, while many others don't because they won't have LeBron or that type of star there to convince him... but that doesn't make them more likely to get him BY FAR.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

One thing is teams like the Heat want to get under the tax to get there 4 million for being under. The Suns if they trade Amare will also want to get under that number which means the Suns will want to take on less salaries. So unless Miami decides to stay over the tax they won't want take on more salary.

Cleveland is willing to add as much money as it would take to win. i agree its not likely and these guys have an agenda. But they also just said what teams inquired and well Ferry is inquiring about everyone since Gilbert has opened his wallet to do whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    One thing is teams like the Heat want to get under the tax to get there 4 million for being under. The Suns if they trade Amare will also want to get under that number which means the Suns will want to take on less salaries. So unless Miami decides to stay over the tax they won't want take on more salary.

Cleveland is willing to add as much money as it would take to win. i agree its not likely and these guys have an agenda. But they also just said what teams inquired and well Ferry is inquiring about everyone since Gilbert has opened his wallet to do whatever he wants.
    that's what i'm saying yet some would say its "illogical"

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Heat could take on Stoudamire, extend Wade, and STILL have $8 million left. Plus stat can be an expirer. There is no logic there.

Note: I'm not saying the Cavs have no chance, i just don't get Sheridan's logic that they have MORE chance.

The Reason Why Cavs have a GOOD chance is because Amare wants to play for a winner and would not resign with GS,Minn or NJ.. I think he would be willing to stay long term with a team like Bulls,MIA or Cavs. Another reason why Cavs push envelope to get him or another big name player it gives them a better chance to resign Lebron as he has hinted.

that's what i'm saying yet some would say its "illogical"
    Miami wouldn't be taking on more money, they'd have the same payroll next year either way, unless you think they don't care about keeping Wade as much as Cleveland cares about keepign Lebron. The "we are not doing anything until Wade resigns" fell by the wayside a while ago.

My point is Cleveland offerng Hickson, expirer and really crappy pick might get it done if Phoenix gets no btter offers, but why would they get no better offers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    The Reason Why Cavs have a GOOD chance is because Amare wants to play for a winner and would not resign with GS,Minn or NJ.. I think he would be willing to stay long term with a team like Bulls,MIA or Cavs. Another reason why Cavs push envelope to get him or another big name player it gives them a better chance to resign Lebron as he has hinted.
    Of all the top FA's I think NJ has the best shot at Amare.
    and no I'm not saying relative to other teams, rather relative to other top FA (LBJ, Wade, JJ, Bosh)

-Amare has openly recently praised NJ's potential
    -He has openly recently talked about wanting to be in a major market (NY/NJ with Brooklyn 2 years away)
    -NJ is soon too have the 2nd richest owner
    -NJ would pay him Max
    -NJ would allow him to be #1 on offense possibly for some time

Does anyone know what Amare's cap hold would be?
    Also what would the max starting salary for him be?
    30% of the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS

Since when did Miami become this salary dumping team and not trying to improve? Beasted86, please enlighten me because i missed this.

Miami wouldn't be taking on more money, they'd have the same payroll next year either way, unless you think they don't care about keeping Wade as much as Cleveland cares about keepign Lebron. The "we are not doing anything until Wade resigns" fell by the wayside a while ago.

My point is Cleveland offerng Hickson, expirer and really crappy pick might get it done if Phoenix gets no btter offers, but why would they get no better offers?
    yeah i see where you are getting at. Who's to say whether or not the heat decide to push for Amare? It'l be fun speculating but i see him staying.

Apparently they think Cleveland is the only team willing to offer junk, to get back an all-star.

Miami would trade for Stoudemire in a heartbeat as long as they aren't giving up Wade or Beasley... similarly Cleveland would trade anyone not named LeBron or Mo Williams. I can run through about 10 more scenarios of teams trading junk for an all-star, that are willing to take on the extra money.