Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: Laker Crisis Hotline Open for Business

re-opened....

I will post it here too for the Laker fans that are upset or angry.

Remember our rebuilding phase after Shaq ran in 04.. Remember what we wanted throughout that rebuilding phase.. Finals at the end of the decade was not even on our minds. Remember the heart-breaking couple months when Kobe wanted out. Remember losing to the Suns after that 7-game heart-breaking collapse. Remember not making playoffs that one season. Remember everything we went through to get to this current point. Lets remember all that and realize that this team has been a success. Everything we fans wanted, we have gotten the last 3 years. Who would have thought that team from 04-05 season would be in the finals 3 years in a row and win 2 in a row? I ask you this: Is it right to be upset at the Lakers for not doing what no other team has ever done by making the finals 4 years in a row*??

Don't feel bad, Laker fans. We have done what we set out to do. The journey has taken a full circle from making finals 3 years in a row to rebuilding to making finals 3 years in a row again. Don't be surprised if the journey takes another full circle with Phil on the way out this season and Fisher maybe a year away from retirement.

*=As I mentioned in other thread, 1960's Celtics was in time with MUCH fewer teams and even fewer making playoffs WAAAY before ABA-NBA merger

i have worrisome of time of straggle but i say we fight of back to of champion chip

bladefd,

are you throwing in the towel? the crisis hotline needs to understand this...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    bladefd,

are you throwing in the towel? the crisis hotline needs to understand this...

Well, I was being a realist here. I think it is completely wrong to be just idealistic and think that the Lakers will be in the finals for 4th year in a row.. At this point, I don't expect the Lakers to beat the Spurs in a 7-game series in the Western Conference Finals..

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Well, I was being a realist here. I think it is completely wrong to be just idealistic and think that the Lakers will be in the finals for 4th year in a row.. At this point, I don't expect the Lakers to beat the Spurs in a 7-game series in the Western Conference Finals..
    Of course a million things can and will happen between January 3rd and the end of June and it is possible that the team starts playing back up to Championship level but what worries me the most is the fact that while they are playing like crap, nobody on the team save for Kobe seems to really care.

In past years the crap came at the end of the year when they were really only fighting for HCA and Phil was resting folks so you knew they still had it in them.

This year, well to me anyways, the fire seems to be missing from this team. It would be different if they lost last night by 3 or 4 or lost to Golden State a couple of weeks ago by 3 or 4 but they are getting blown out and that is coming from getting behind and seemingly not knowing how to comeback. They are lazy on offense and horrible on defense and there seems to be no urgency.

I think they win the Pacific division and then get to the second or third round of the playoffs depending on HCA but they have yet to show me they can beat any of the other top tier Western Conference teams at this point - with or without HCA.

Again a million things will change between now and then but I don't feel bad about saying this team doesn't seem to have "it" right now.

For your therapy, we will be assigning you to the 3rd shift on the crisis hotline starting tomorrow...

Ye need more faith!!!

p.s. remember, i said it would get worse before it gets better...

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Hey Laker crisis hotline,

I am close to becoming a Laker hater. I have been a Laker fan for MANY years now, but I am just losing my patience. I want to become a Heat fan now. What can you do to convince me to stay a Laker fan? Huh Laker hotline? What can you do for ME???? If you can't do anything then SHOW ME THE MONEY. I WILL BE ON THE WAY OUT THE DOOR AS A LAKER FAN.

F*CK YOU, LAKER CRISIS HOTLINE!!!!
    peace out then b*tch . .(thinking about negging)(but I don't even waste my time)
    "I want to become a Heat fan now." lost all respect..

"What can you do to convince me to stay a Laker fan? Huh"
    NOT a Damn Thing fella.. we don't need to convince people to be Laker fans, are you kidding!? Half ass flip floppers can straight up bounce. You switching to a different team suits me just fine.. don't want to be here?..... good.
    don't want ya, don't need ya

did he throw in the towel when the going got tough??

He sure did Mike pretty weak man.. pretty weak

Dear Laker Family,

The purpose of this crisis hotline is to allow Laker fans to vent. It is perfectly okay to let all vent their frustrations over the lousy play by a "bored" Laker team... we are here to help one another.

The Lakers are set on an unprecedented path with the reasonable potential to reach the NBA finals four years in a row and possibly THREE-PEAT. This is no easy feat, and the journey will not be easy.... but its a journey all the same... and Pjax and staff know what they are doing.

The Lakers are set on an unprecedented path with the reasonable potential to reach the NBA finals four years in a row and possibly THREE-PEAT. This is no easy feat, and the journey will not be easy.... but its a journey all the same... and Pjax and staff know what they are doing.

I agree with all of your reasonings except for the last part to which I semi - but respectfully - diasgree with.

Yes Pjax and staff have been around a long time, they have seen everything BUT I get the feeling that even they are confused by what is going on here. This to me seems like team on the verge of just quitting altogether and I wonder if calling Kobe out like he did is the best way to go about this. This has NOT been a Kobe thing as in years past - this has been a TEAM thing.

I believe in "the journey" and I think they can still turn things around to win a third straight title, but there is a lot to be done with this team and its not an injury here or there type of deal - its ALL of them. I am hopeful as always but doubt is starting to creep in a bit.

Thanks "Help Line" I DO feel better. :-)
    Last edited by Coop-A-Loop; 01-03-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Brother Coop...

What makes you feel that the Laker management does not understand what is going on? From all indications, it seems they do, which is why I am asking.

Brother Coop...

What makes you feel that the Laker management does not understand what is going on? From all indications, it seems they do, which is why I am asking.

SoCal,

I said "confused". Get it right.

i think what I was trying to say was that they - even with all their knowledge - are getting to a point of not knowing how to fix what ails this team.

The talent is there in abundance, they have shown they can work together as well oiled units, they are pretty healthy for this time of the year but for some reason they offense is lazy and out of joint and the defense is just horrible.

From my untrained eye it seems that everyone knows their role on offense, knows where they need to be on defensive rotations but there is a lack of effort and they don't seem to care - to me that is harder to fix than someone not knowing the triangle. You cannot teach hustle and heart and right now this team as a whole lacks both.

To me Phil is frustrated and it is starting to show because he seemingly cannot get through to them either.

here is what i just posted in the main forum... i stand by it:

Quote Originally Posted by socalpimp

*if* that quote is true from Pjax, it is absolutely correct. i have been complaining about kobe (and other team members) not playing within the system for most of the season. they are taking too many long shots, too many iso's and not leveraging their length which gives them a competitive advantage.... its a team issue... way too many "short cuts" in the name of laziness. and there are trust issues that need to be worked out and will be worked out.

the Lakers are just bored and it shows on the court. it is infuriating to watch them play right now, and i have been maintaining that it will get worse before it gets better.

*however*

don't anyone kid themselves... this team will be there come playoff time and they will not be bored then... and for the rest of the league, including the spurs and heat, this spells trouble. they are very seasoned and know when to turn it on and come together as a team.

if getting a title was easy, everyone would have a ring, right? its meant to be difficult and that is what makes it so special.

lakers are going for their fourth finals appearance in four years, only done by two teams in nba history!!!!! i cut them some slack given how many games they have played over that period.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

here is what i just posted in the main forum... i stand by it:

Quote Originally Posted by socalpimp
    *if* that quote is true from Pjax, it is absolutely correct. i have been complaining about kobe (and other team members) not playing within the system for most of the season. they are taking too many long shots, too many iso's and not leveraging their length which gives them a competitive advantage.... its a team issue... way too many "short cuts" in the name of laziness. and there are trust issues that need to be worked out and will be worked out.

the Lakers are just bored and it shows on the court. it is infuriating to watch them play right now, and i have been maintaining that it will get worse before it gets better.

*however*

don't anyone kid themselves... this team will be there come playoff time and they will not be bored then... and for the rest of the league, including the spurs and heat, this spells trouble. they are very seasoned and know when to turn it on and come together as a team.

if getting a title was easy, everyone would have a ring, right? its meant to be difficult and that is what makes it so special.

lakers are going for their fourth finals appearance in four years, only done by two teams in nba history!!!!! i cut them some slack given how many games they have played over that period.

I stand behind this as well.... TALL & PROUD