Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spurs could easily repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I honestly think it's OKC's year. We can clown Durant for his playoffs and whatever, but he's arrived as an all-time great player, and he's still getting better..Westbrook is the most dominant point guard in the game and he's getting better as well..all Ibaka has to do is keep improving that midrange J, keep blocking shots, and obviously stay healthy. All three of these guys are around 25..which again, means they're likely to be even better this upcoming year. Plus they'll have the full season this time around to get into a groove, they don't have to deal with Westbrook starting the season, getting hurt and missing significant time, and then trying to fit his game back with the team..

Imo all they have to do to be championship favorites is the following:

1) Start Adams, and cut Perkins' minutes significantly. Adams in his rookie year was 10x the athlete, rebounder, offensive hustle player and defender Perk was. Another year of experience, and he's far and away the best option. Ibaka and Adams could be one of the best rebounding and defensive FC duos in the game.

2) Give Lamb, PJ3, and Roberson burn early in the season so they're confident and experienced by the end of the season.

3) Start Westbrook and let Jackson run the 2nd unit...but occasionally experiment with a staggered lineup with Reggie at the 1 with Westbrook at the 2..this should be their go-to lineup in the playoffs when they need a lot of firepower, when their offense is getting stagnant.

Their lineup should be..

Westbrook/Jackson/Telfair
    Morrow/Lamb/Westbrook
    Durant/Roberson/Lamb
    Ibaka/PJ3/McGary
    Adams/Collison/Perkins

That lineup, if healthy, should be the favorite to win it all.
    I hate Perk. Like most of OKC's lineup he's a goon...but half the reason Ibaka looks so good on D is because he has Perkins behind him. Adams is certainly not the better defender.

Agreed with your other points (on how they should go about trying to win). I personally think the Thunder's ship sailed when they traded Harden for peanuts. Relying on Brooks and two ISO stars is a tough sell for me. Their 4-12 is horrendous imo.

Hey, they'll probably prove me wrong.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Not easy at all. Cavs are the favorites this year.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=352282

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Managed to win b2b rings with the biggest finals choker in nba history as his best player.

Spo deserves goat talks.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    We haven't seen any Knick antics in the Finals in 15 years
    The knicks has nothing to do with this. Don't get mad at me because your leader once again played like a bitch last June.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    The knicks has nothing to do with this. Don't get mad at me because your leader once again played like a bitch last June.
    Don't get mad at me because your leader has never played in June

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    I hate Perk. Like most of OKC's lineup he's a goon...but half the reason Ibaka looks so good on D is because he has Perkins behind him. Adams is certainly not the better defender.

Agreed with your other points (on how they should go about trying to win). I personally think the Thunder's ship sailed when they traded Harden for peanuts. Relying on Brooks and two ISO stars is a tough sell for me. Their 4-12 is horrendous imo.

Hey, they'll probably prove me wrong.
    I'm not gonna spew the regular shit I do about Harden...but I don't think they screwed themselves that much.

Their 4-12 isn't horrendous, it's just young as hell aside from Perk and Collison. Jackson is a stud, Morrow is a sniper, Adams is a great hustle player to have next to Ibaka, Collison is still solid, and Lamb/PJ3 both just need a consistent role to develop.

They're clearly not the 2000 Blazers in terms of depth..but considering they have Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook on the team, they have more than enough depth to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Or maybe the Spurs were the better team?
    I don't think so. I believe the heat were the better team but were led by the wrong man just like what transpired in June 2011.

I don't think so. I believe the heat were the better team but were led by the wrong man just like what transpired in June 2011.
    I know you're not a Lebron guy...but the Spurs were stacked. GOAT-level system/coaching, and 2-deep with high-IQ, elite passing, disciplined players at pretty much every position. When they were on their game, the other team pretty much didn't stand a chance unless they had 2 superstar players going berserk.

Honestly the way they played in the finals, the only teams in the past 40 years I could see beating them in a series would be the 86 Celtics, 96 Bulls, and 01 Lakers. Games 3-5 of the finals was as close to perfect team basketball as I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Don't get mad at me because your leader has never played in June
    Why so salty man? At least Melo didn't build a super stacked team that contained two other superstars aka olympic gold medal teammates just to win rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    Managed to win b2b rings with the biggest finals choker in nba history as his best player.

Spo deserves goat talks.
    Major help from Riley, Stern, and referees.

LeBrons 2014 finals is better than any playoff series Melo ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I know you're not a Lebron guy...but the Spurs were stacked. GOAT-level system/coaching, and 2-deep with high-IQ, elite passing, disciplined players at pretty much every position. When they were on their game, the other team pretty much didn't stand a chance unless they had 2 superstar players going berserk.

Honestly the way they played in the finals, the only teams in the past 40 years I could see beating them in a series would be the 86 Celtics, 96 Bulls, and 01 Lakers. Games 3-5 of the finals was as close to perfect team basketball as I've ever seen.
    I agree that the Spurs are a great team with a great system but major blame has to go to Lebron. You just have to admit that. He gaved up on his team.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LeBrons 2014 finals is better than any playoff series Melo ever had.
    Don't make me bring up Lebron's 2011 finals 4th quarter stats up man.

Don't make me bring up Lebron's 2011 finals 4th quarter stats up man.
    I would NEVER defend LeBron's 2011 Finals performance, but why don't you bring up Melo's Final stats instead