Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default UFC 128: Shogun vs Jones

Looks like a solid card, and the main event is going to be sweet, Im a heavy Shogun ******ger, but coming of a injury against a very talented young prospect in Jones anything can happen. If Shogun comes in as the Shogun in the Machida 1 & 2 fights I see him destroying Jones standing. The big what ifs are Jones's reach,his greco and just that weird unorthodox striking.

The rest of the card also looks promising. We have the Cali Kid Faber vs Wineland. Akiyama vs Marquadt, which looks like a mismatch since Akiyama is just so small, I think he gets cut if he loses here. But Nate's been kinda in a slump so who knows.

We also have the return of Cro-cop vs. Shaub, but right now I dont really no what to expect from Cro-cop now, really just a shadow of his former self.

We also get to see the return of Luis Cane and Edson Barboza.

Full Card:

* Light Championship bout: Maur

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Re: UFC 128: Shogun vs Jones

what a main event

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

One of the best main cards in a while. Interested in all 5 fights. Some interesting ones in the undercard too.

I'm completely rooting for Shogun and hope he takes it but if I was forced to put money on it, I'd probably go with Jones. The key will be for Shogun to keep it standing and possibly get it into the later rounds.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Shogon is pretty much the last of the old breed fighters who made a name dominating pride. I think this will complete the transition of old to new if Jon Jones wins and us "ol skool" MMA fans have to let go of the past.

We keep on standing up for the pride fighters and how dominant they are and how the new age UFC bobos never respect the past. Well the fighters we followed were good 2000-2006. Jon Jones will win and it's time to let go.

In my heart I'm cheering for Shogon, but I think it's time to let go and make way for new MMA.

My moneys on Bones Jones disposing of Shogun with his uncanny reach or winning by decision. The guy just has an unfair advantage every time he steps into the octagon with this unorthodox reach of his. A reach that might eventually propel him to legendary status in this sport. I foresee a victory for JBJ, followed by a long drawn out reign as champion where you'll see him clean out the entire weight class ala GSP & Silva. I know I'm putting him in high regards here but the guy really appears to have all the God given tools to dominate for the next while...

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Shogon is pretty much the last of the old breed fighters who made a name dominating pride. I think this will complete the transition of old to new if Jon Jones wins and us "ol skool" MMA fans have to let go of the past.

We keep on standing up for the pride fighters and how dominant they are and how the new age UFC bobos never respect the past. Well the fighters we followed were good 2000-2006. Jon Jones will win and it's time to let go.

In my heart I'm cheering for Shogon, but I think it's time to let go and make way for new MMA.
    Yes so true he's the last of the Pride Holdovers who are still doing well in current MMA. Because the old school one Rampage, Chuck, Fedor, Big Nog and Cro -cop are on the downside of there careers. And to Think Shogun is only 29 yrs old I swear if Shogun loses I will feel so bad, same feeling when I saw Mirko LHK by Gonzaga and Nog destroyed by Cain and Mir

One of the better main events in a while for the UFC.

Shogun has an impressive record but if I had to bet i'd go with Jones to pull of the win.

If Jones does win it will be interesting to see if he fights Evans

Quote Originally Posted by dkmwise
    One of the better main events in a while for the UFC.

Shogun has an impressive record but if I had to bet i'd go with Jones to pull of the win.

If Jones does win it will be interesting to see if he fights Evans
    I'm pretty sure he takes the fight with Evans next and I'm pretty sure he hands Evans a loss...

Card is stacked, can't wait.

Ooowee! This is gonna be a must see. I'm rooting for Rua in this one.

Banned

Let's go Bones! I think he makes history as youngest champion at 23 if he wins.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Let's go Bones! I think he makes history as youngest champion at 23 if he wins.
    the previously youngest LHW champ vs. the potential new youngest LHW champ.

pretty exciting. Great card. Shogun's gonna bring it. Best transition game in the sport

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    I'm pretty sure he takes the fight with Evans next and I'm pretty sure he hands Evans a loss...
    Evans wont fight him. None of the greg jackson guys fight each other

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Evans wont fight him. None of the greg jackson guys fight each other
    Hes recently said he would, jones also said he would.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Fight of the Night

Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Brendan Schaub