Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default 2004 playoffs = wow. These playoffs have been a disappointment.

These playoffs can't compare. Which is a shame because the talent level in the league right now is probably comparable to what it was in the '80s and '90s with Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc.. But there are too many injuries to the players in the league nowadays and it's taking away from potential great playoff series this season. The playoffs would have been so much better if the Pacers were fully healthy with Paul George all season. If the Spurs weren't banged up all season and were 100% healthy going into the playoffs. If Kobe was healthy and the Lakers were actually competitive. If Durant was healthy and the Thunder were competitive. If the Hawks were all healthy series against the Cavs. If the Blazers were healthy this series against the Warriors. If the Rockets were healthy. The amount of injuries nowadays is absolutely ridiculous.

But my point is that I was watching highlights of the 2004 playoffs on youtube. And holy crap I forgot how amazing those were. In the west you had the Lakers/Spurs, the Lakers/Timberwolves, the Timberwolves/Kings, the Kings/Mavericks. In the east you had the Pacers/Pistons and the Pistons/Nets. All great series. And then in the finals you had the Pistons/Lakers.
    Last edited by Upgrayedd; 05-25-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Default Re: 2004 playoffs = wow.

As a Laker fan this doesn't bring good memories

That was when I first started watching basketball :')

NBA lottery pick

Never forget.

Its sad because the Pacers got better through the off season they just needed their leader

Dont forget a healthy Bosh gets the Heat in the post season

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Yep. It would have been so much more entertaining if the Heat and the Pacers were both healthy and made the playoffs.

NBA Superstar

People weren't really digging the Eastern Conference playoffs back then. Detroit's triple OT against New Jersey (Chauncey's halfcourt shot) may have caught some attention, and Tayshaun's block against Indiana lives on, but I seem to recall a lot of "East is weak, ugly basketball, can't score, whoever comes out will get roasted" comments.

ISH is getting really young. Are ya'll like under 21?

Those were definitely great years. '04 Playoffs was good. Detroit's run was

But back then, the East were getting shitted on, just like today. It kinda slowed down in that particular season 'cause Indy went 61-21 and the Pistons and Nets were playing great.

It's funny to see how everyone loves that era now...

Who knows? Maybe we'll respect these East teams more in 2025. LOL

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: 2004 playoffs = wow. These playoffs have been a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    These playoffs can't compare. Which is a shame because the talent level in the league right now is probably comparable to what it was in the '80s and '90s with Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc.. But there are too many injuries to the players in the league nowadays and it's taking away from potential great playoff series this season. The playoffs would have been so much better if the Pacers were fully healthy with Paul George all season. If the Spurs weren't banged up all season and were 100% healthy going into the playoffs. If Kobe was healthy and the Lakers were actually competitive. If Durant was healthy and the Thunder were competitive. If the Hawks were all healthy series against the Cavs. If the Blazers were healthy this series against the Warriors. If the Rockets were healthy. The amount of injuries nowadays is absolutely ridiculous.

But my point is that I was watching highlights of the 2004 playoffs on youtube. And holy crap I forgot how amazing those were. In the west you had the Lakers/Spurs, the Lakers/Timberwolves, the Timberwolves/Kings, the Kings/Mavericks. In the east you had the Pacers/Pistons and the Pistons/Nets. All great series. And then in the finals you had the Pistons/Lakers.
    So you talk about everyones injuries but glance over kevin love, andy v, and kyrie being out for the cavs...okay buddy.

Default Re: 2004 playoffs = wow. These playoffs have been a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by nzahir
    So you talk about everyones injuries but glance over kevin love, andy v, and kyrie being out for the cavs...okay buddy.
    That was his whole objective. OP is a clown