Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Default GARNETT or SHAQ on TnT?

With Garnett's playing days are coming to a end....You watchers prefer Garnett over Shaq?

Garnett has a pretty comical personality as well and is well spoken....Better spoken then Shaq.

Shaq has a bigger household name but chemistry with the rest of the team is at times cringe worthy.

Who would you have between the 2?

Default Re: GARNETT or SHAQ on TnT?

Bring Payton back.

Cwebb + Payton + Jalen = GOAT trio

I want Shaq gone as much as the next guy, but I don't know if KG would be good.

I'd rather just have Chuck, Kenny, and EJ. There's really no need for a fourth guy with that trio. If you have to add somebody, just let Gary Payton or C-Webb do it, they're both good.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Of the guys on the verge of retirement the best candidates for speaking on TV would be Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce. Both speak well and have good insights to the game, especially if you want to hear a scorer's point of view. KG has an excellent understanding but would require too much censoring. And unfortunately...we've heard Shaq.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

i think shaq would be good for quick interviews from players and then occasionally having sit downs talking seriously about basketball

cwebb is a lot better for talk tv as he comes off a lot more natural and he can laugh at himself and others without making it awkward something shaq simply can not do

payton can sometimes be abit to much but his good

jalen is awesome because he actually speaks his mind.... in a controlled environment around EJ kenny smitty and grant hill (yes next to grant hill) I think he would be quite good

alos to answer the original question from OP - shaq because I think KG is still stuck in that im from the ghetto dawg stage, even though his 40 he still comes across as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Of the guys on the verge of retirement the best candidates for speaking on TV would be Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce. Both speak well and have good insights to the game, especially if you want to hear a scorer's point of view. KG has an excellent understanding but would require too much censoring. And unfortunately...we've heard Shaq.

although it would be great to hear how they approached the game ... dont you think it would quickly become..."i woulda done this instead" over and over again especially for kobe

I agree that Jalen is great, but he's locked in over at ESPN so he's not an option.

The EJ, Chuck, and Kenny team with the occasional C-Webb or Payton is perfect.

I love the pacers, so I pick Shaq

Also, he's batz shit insane.

Very good NBA starter

kobe and shaq together would be hilarious

Just switch C-Webb and Shaq's roles. Make Webber the core member, Shaq the on/off guy.

Ernie, Kenny, Chuck, and C-Webb. That should be the 4, best combination of insight and humor..C-Webb has been just as funny as Shaq ever has on Inside the NBA, but with 10x the insight.

Maybe have all 5 of them on there for the playoffs?

Shaq should only do the Shaqtin a fool thing. I don't think anyone could do worse than him talking about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    kobe and shaq together would be hilarious
    this would actually be gold

imagine shaq and kobe doing an interview on mj and pipp

I really like Reggie Miller and Steve Kerr as analyst. Shaq is terrible, Webber is too bland, don't like Payton's style for some reason, Brent Barry is too awkward, Barkley...he's sometimes too dumb.

Kenny, Reggie, Kerr and Ernie as TNT host would be perfect. Isiah and Barkley is all right too.